Best of the first big punk bands!

Choose   

25 members have voted

1. 1. The best band

2. 2. Your favorite band

The Clash.

They were more adventurous, more creative, and frankly a better band.

Of course I'm biased, they are a top three bands ever for me. But then again, they are that because I believe what I said is true.

There are quite a few other bands that I'd put in contention. They may not be as 'big', but arguably they should have been.

But that's another discussion. And I'd probably still put the Clash on top after that discussion anyway.

• Like 3

The Clash.

Of course I'm biased, they are a top three bands ever for me. But then again, they are that because I believe what I said is true.

There are quite a few other bands that I'd put in contention. They may not be as 'big', but arguably they should have been.

But that's another discussion. And I'd probably still put the Clash on top after that discussion anyway.

If you judge by hit singles, they were bigger, in regards to Rock The Casbah. Highest charting song by any of the 3.

• Like 1

The Clash.

If you judge by hit singles, they were bigger, in regards to Rock The Casbah. Highest charting song by any of the 3.

I meant the other bands I'd put in contention with the three here are not as big. Of course the Clash are big. ☺

I'm still not sure about my vote but here goes! I put The Clash as the best, but I feel like they're ahead of the Ramones by only a hair. And that's just because the Ramones never put out a "London Calling", which is an epic song.

However, I put the Ramones as my favorite because they are! :ebert: :ebert: They are the kings of the 2.5 minute song and I love their sound. They can tell a pretty good story in songs like "Rockaway Beach" , so it was very, very close for me.

• Like 2

Not a fan of punk really, prefer alternative and old school emo which have many punk roots.

But it was an easy choice: The Clash.