Hemisphere

Red3angel

Hemi requires attention to detail, much like the classic Yes albums. If you have an ADHD approach to listening and get distracted if a song is over 4 minutes, it probably doesn't work well for you. Squirrel!
  • Like 4

Hemi requires attention to detail, much like the classic Yes albums. If you have an ADHD approach to listening and get distracted if a song is over 4 minutes, it probably doesn't work well for you. Squirrel!

V true. That said, even when I'm paying close attention it still manages to bore me in parts. 2112, CTTE, and Supper's Ready never do that.

• Like 1

V true. That said, even when I'm paying close attention it still manages to bore me in parts. 2112, CTTE, and Supper's Ready never do that.

I guess it comes down to taste. The songs between Bangkok and Something for Nothing are on permanent skip for me. Prog ranges from 'genius' to 'wtf is that noise?'
  • Like 1

I guess it comes down to taste. The songs between Bangkok and Something for Nothing are on permanent skip for me. Prog ranges from 'genius' to 'wtf is that noise?'

I'd put Hems over Tales if it helps! Though Segue will give me flack for that, lol. (I do love Tales too btw)

• Like 2

I love Tales From Topographic Oceans. All of it.

Hemispheres annoys me.

• Like 1

I'd put Hems over Tales if it helps! Though Segue will give me flack for that, lol. (I do love Tales too btw)

Oh gosh I hadn't read this when I posted!

• Like 1

Sooooooooo...................... now that you have in lightened me ,what is everyone’s opinion of Hemispheres versus caress of steel. Which is the better rush album?

Hemispheres, and they're not even in the same galaxy.

I'll take either side of CoS over side A of Hemispheres. Hemi's side B is the best side of the four, though.
  • Like 1

Sooooooooo...................... now that you have in lightened me ,what is everyone’s opinion of Hemispheres versus caress of steel. Which is the better rush album?

I'll take either side of CoS over side A of Hemispheres. Hemi's side B is the best side of the four, though.

You are an angel my friend!

AGREEEEEEEEEEEED!

ONLY Side A or COS is better than all the others...only 2112 beats it for me in the seventies run.

• Like 1

You are an angel my friend!

No coincidence that "goose" rhymes with "Juice"...

Was it really your least fav album of did you mean least fav album from that era or least fav concept, etc? Or have you only heard stuff leading up to Moving Pictures? It would seem that liking Test for Echo, Hold Your Fire, Snakes and Areows, and Vapor Trails all better than Hemispheres would be really hard to imagine.

My 2 favorite Rush albums - not their best, just my faves.

I have to be in the right mood to want to listen to Hemispheres but it's a pretty undeniable album.

I put it on the other day (inspired after cutting down a huge maple tree limb by limb). Musically it really is fantastic, beginning to end.

My 2 favorite Rush albums - not their best, just my faves.

Alex shines on both... two of the best Alex albums, I'd say.
  • Like 1

So I’ve been forcing myself to listen to my least favorite rush album continuously in my car to and from work. I now love it my mind has been blown

My 50 year young brain can't believe this statement but I am so happy you woke up and came around to accept the greatest album ever made on planet Earth.

Perhaps being a "Slow Burner" in understanding amazing music or incredible bands is the buzz word for the year.

A forum member on here used the term "slow burner" for finally falling in love with the band GHOST.

Fitting to type about GHOST on a Rush Thread. Perfect.

Someday GHOST will cover "Hemispheres" all they way through.

LOL!

It would be EPIC!

When I die and I know many on here hope that happens, I will have all of my Japanese pressings, picture discs and gold cds of Hemispheres put into my grave.

• Like 1

You can't take it with you, Rushhead.

I mean, sure, you can hide it, bury it, and make it so absolutely disgusting so no one would want it.

But you can't take it with you.

• Like 2

Luckily none of you on here will never know where I am buried.

I know exactly where you will be buried - I'm a little surprised you chose that spot

:LOL:

You can't take it with you, Rushhead.

I mean, sure, you can hide it, bury it, and make it so absolutely disgusting so no one would want it.

But you can't take it with you.

Seriously. One of the greatest posts I have ever read. So true. RUSH ON AG! ETERNALLY!

• Like 1