Hologram tours....

Tick

So this is the new fad? To have live bands playing music behind dead icons like Dio, Frank Zappa, Michael Jackson and others.

This is me is disrespectful, silly, ridiculous, and pathetic.

I could see doing something like this as a one time thing at an awards show or whatever to pay tribute, but to have full fledged tours of this nonsense?

Is anyone interested in seeing a show like this?

No thanks.

I agree with u mate, it is totally disrespectful

To me it's no different than a live concert getting a theatrical release. Except it's using hologram technology and it's in 3D. Why is that so f***ing evil and disrespectful?

So this is the new fad? To have live bands playing music behind dead icons like Dio, Frank Zappa, Michael Jackson and others.

I could see doing something like this as a one time thing at an awards show or whatever to pay tribute, but to have full fledged tours of this nonsense?

No thanks.

This has just been confirmed on RUSHISABAND!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!

Geddy and Alex are going to tour in 2019 with NEIL PEART AS A HOLOGRAM!!!!!!

It's perfect!!! Since the fake Neil can just be a hologram in the back wall of the stage and Geddy and Alex can still be real on STAGE RIGHT AND STAGE LEFT!!!

RUSH IS BACK!!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

To me it's no different than a live concert getting a theatrical release. Except it's using hologram technology and it's in 3D. Why is that so f***ing evil and disrespectful?

No, its NOTHING like a concert getting a theatrical release.

Its dopey live musicians performing with a hologram. STUPID

And people standing in an audience rocking out to a hologram. STUPID

I never said it was evil but masquerading a dead person in hologram form for money is shameful.

I never said it was evil but masquerading a dead person in hologram form for money is shameful.

What's even more shameful is Ripper Owens cashing in on Dio's death with this like he had something to do with helping Dio get to the status he did. His nickname shouldn't be Ripper it should be Tim "will sing for food" Owens. What a f***in bum.

Yeah well maybe this whole hologram business isn't for you. And he who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.

Don't you think it's pretty STUPID to judge things before you try them?

Edited by fraroc

Yeah well maybe this whole hologram business isn't for you. And he who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.

You mean like the Tide Pod Challenge?

I think some things are stupid enough to be dismissed out of hand.

• Like 1

I want to create a Tick hologram that repeats the same phrase over and over: "My name is Tick and I admit that Marillion are a boring crap band and always have been!"

Best band ever

Didn’t we boo them off stage at Radio City Music Hall during the Signals tour?

• Like 1

Comparing cutting edge hologram technology VS. something that can actually kill you?

Edited by fraroc

Comparing cutting edge hologram technology VS. something that can actually kill you?

What makes you think a hologram couldn't kill you? In the new Star Wars Luke projected out a hologram of himself and it ended up killing him.

What makes you think a hologram couldn't kill you? In the new Star Wars Luke projected out a hologram of himself and it ended up killing him.

So much for seeing that movie . . .

;)

• Like 1

So much for seeing that movie . . .

;)

I figured I was safe at this point since anyone who really wanted to see it more than likely has already. Sorry if I spoiled anything.

• Like 1

A concert getting a theatrical release is like watching a steak dinner being prepared on a cooking program.

A hologram gig is like dining on mashed potatoes, a salad, and a photo of a steak.

• Like 1

No not really.

No thanks.

WE MUST PROTECT TEH SANKTITY OF ROCK MUSIC!!!111

Enjoy the Stone Age, feel free to join me in the present day.

WE MUST PROTECT THE DINOSAURS OF RAWK N ROLL. KEEP ROCK ALIVE AT ALL COSTS

Enjoy your Frankensteined nostalgia acts and cheesy holograms, feel free to add some integrity to music

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 1

No thanks.

WE MUST PROTECT TEH SANKTITY OF ROCK MUSIC!!!111

Enjoy the Stone Age, feel free to join me in the present day.

WE MUST PROTECT THE DINOSAURS OF RAWK N ROLL. KEEP ROCK ALIVE AT ALL COSTS

Enjoy your Frankensteined nostalgia acts and cheesy holograms, feel free to get add some integrity to music

HAHAHA!

I just bought my ticket to see DIO DISCIPLES this Friday! 20 bucks!

Next month I am seeing LAST IN LINE twice!!!

AT ALL COSTS!!!!! KEEP THE METAL ALIVE!

FUKK YESSSSSS!

I think it's in bad taste, but never underestimate the power of thousands of fools with money. People will pay top dollar for this, and that's a shame. I regret not having had the ability to see Zappa, Dio, and Michael Jackson, but there's plenty of live footage and audio that I can listen to/watch and enjoy for the rest of my life. Why would I shell out my hard earned money to see what amounts to video projection on an invisible screen? Yeah, I guess it's sort of neat to see this become more readily available and mainstream, but...it just feels too plastic, too cheap, and a money grab.

If your thing is to go see a projection of a dead musician mime to the living musicians behind them, be my guest. Your money, not mine. But don't lambast me for not being giddy about a hologram.

I don't understand the revulsion to this.

Nobody would object to someone replaying a video recording of a musician, why is it wrong to project such a recording into three dimensions. If I were a musician, I'd have no problem with recordings of my performance being played holographically after I died. I'd think it was flattering that folks want to enjoy a more detailed, more enthralling recording.

It's really just a fancy video. If people will pay to fill a theater and watch video of a performer, why should anyone be upset about it?