Hardest movies scenes to watch...for whatever reason...

treeduck

The end scene of The Mist (film adaptation of a Stephen King story) is pretty brutal.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLc7CMtK44M

I didn't like that ending. It didn't really make much sense to the main character. He went through all that he did in the first 99% of the movie...THEN, he finally decides to do what he did?! I didn't buy it.

I didn't like much of the movie anyway. But the ending was the bad icing on the bad cake for me.

It makes sense to me. He wouldn't do that if he didn't think all had been tried. It's an act of desperation.

Thomas Jane's character was a fighter. Fighters don't quit THAT quickly.

It just didn't seem right for that character. Felt like a bit of lazy writing IMHO. Yes, I know who wrote it and I don't care. :hail:

I agree. It didn't seem right but obviously they were trying to create the gut-wrenching ending. Good idea badly executed (so to speak)

I thought Mystic River was depressing and wouldn't watch it again. Or rather, the execution scene and the various dialogue scenes between Laura Linney's and Sean Penn's characters where there is a general encouragement or righteousness of what he should be doing. It's been a while since I saw it so I may not be remembering it too well. Edited by Malignant Narcissist
  • Like 1

The scene in Toy Story 2 where Jess the cowgirl sings about having been outgrown by the girl she used to belong to destroys me, especially when they show her lying abandoned under the bed.
  • Like 2

Anybody mention the curbing from American History X?

Yes, that was mentioned on the previous page

But well worth mentioning again :scared:

Anybody mention the curbing from American History X?

Saw that for the first time on Showtime last year. Great movie but I'm not watching it again. The prison shower scene is painful as well. Controversy goes beyond the subject as to why Kaye hasn't directed much since and Norton is noted for being difficult to work with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_x4TpZZen4

I saw Doctor Sleep director's cut on HBO Max recently and that scene with the kid from Room really gutted me. I read somewhere that Rebecca Ferguson broke down in tears in the villain role during that scene where a kid is harmed.

I find it hard to watch anything with Willis, Stallone or that arse Steven Segal

The best Segal film is the one where he gets killed off early on! Executive Decision.

All the rest by him are, I agree, boring (from the few I've seen) apart from maybe the Under Siege films which aren't too bad.

Plus, Kurt Russell is way better than Segal will ever be. Remember that disastrous SNL hosting gig in 1991?

• Like 2

Without going through the whole thread..............anyone mention the movie 8mm?

I found the whole movie disturbing and no, it wasn't Nicholas Cage's acting that made me feel that way LOL.

Without going through the whole thread..............anyone mention the movie 8mm?

I found the whole movie disturbing and no, it wasn't Nicholas Cage's acting that made me feel that way LOL.

Saw that on Showtime streaming months ago. It gets really out there in the last 30 minutes of the movie. Peter Stormare is quite disturbingly sicko in this movie. After all, he die play a nihilist who threatened to cut off some dude's johnson a year before. :lol:

Edited by invisible airwave

Not sure if I posted this before, but the scene from Zodiac where Jake Gyllenhaal goes down into a suspect's basement with him. Sooo creepy. You're just positive he's not gonna come back up again.
  • Like 3

Most of Midsommar. That this film does not have to rely on 'dark' scenes, yet still scares the crap, is testament to how powerful this film truly is. The cliff scene bear scene, most of the film. Edited by condemned2bfree
  • Like 1

I can never get passed the knowledge that I`m watching a film, so tend not to get any kind of emotional reaction, good or bad. I`m sure this is why I tend to watch horror films, and prefer found footage - it`s as near as possible to actually being involved!

Having said that, I think we can all agree that this is the saddest scene in TV or movie history -

Anyone mentioned Bone Tomahawk? A slow-burn, good looking western with a few moments of over-the-top violence.

The opening scenes are quite brutal but then it settles into a posse of searchers. The ultra-violence at the end of the search is probably too much for some people, one scene in particular.

Most of Midsommar. That this film does not have to rely on 'dark' scenes, yet still scares the crap, is testament to how powerful this film truly is. The cliff scene bear scene, most of the film.

Finally someone mentions this movie, disturbing as hell, great call.

• Like 1