Hardest movies scenes to watch...for whatever reason...

treeduck

The Antichrist, by Lars Von Trier. I watched it again a few months ago and had to fast forward a bunch of scenes.

I didn't see it but I know of it. That's the one with Willem Defoe, right? I read somewhere that Eva Green wanted to play the female lead but basically her agents wouldn't allow it. I guess they thought it was too raw?

That´s the one. The actress is Charlotte Gainsbourg, who is Lars Von Trier´s signature choice for a female leading role. This movie is quite impressive visually, and the story is quite good - it shows how feminism can turn into men hating quickly. But the way the director chose to tell this story is the most disturbing possible.

The Antichrist, by Lars Von Trier. I watched it again a few months ago and had to fast forward a bunch of scenes.

I didn't see it but I know of it. That's the one with Willem Defoe, right? I read somewhere that Eva Green wanted to play the female lead but basically her agents wouldn't allow it. I guess they thought it was too raw?

That´s the one. The actress is Charlotte Gainsbourg, who is Lars Von Trier´s signature choice for a female leading role. This movie is quite impressive visually, and the story is quite good - it shows how feminism can turn into men hating quickly. But the way the director chose to tell this story is the most disturbing possible.

It looked a bit too over the top so i skipped it.

That director also did Nymphomaniac which I also skipped for the same reason. It has Dafoe and a ton of well known actors. Apparently, Shia LeBouf wanted to do his sex scenes for real. :LOL: Why doesn't that surprise me? :LOL:

I watched a documentary about a chilli eating competition the other day, the hotness of chilli's are measured in Schoville units.

Perhaps we should have a measure of dullness and blandness in "Schofield" units

Scale of 1-10, yeah? I'd rate Matrix about a thousand Schofield units.

Perhaps I was a little hard on Segue, I should not be too cruel, I think he is quite sensitive very like me :blush: :scared: ;)

Here's one that I usually have to walk away from or turn off for minute...I'm not watching it this time either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t9x_y3vFic&t=86s

It's because he's using a bat. It makes it much more personal and brutal than using a gun. Bats are even more brutal than knives IMO. It takes a lot of effort to kill someone with a bat and so it takes more brutality.

The scene I hate the most is the one from Walking Dead where Negan uses his barbed wire bat to kill Glen.

http://www.wetpaint.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Negan-Raises-Lucille-in-The-Walking-Dead-Season-6-Finale.jpg

I actually stopped watching the series because of this scene.

The scene near the end of Boyz In the Hood, where Ricky is walking in the alley, scratching off his lottery ticket. Very tough to see every time. I usually get a snack.

There were several scenes in Requiem for a Dream that I struggled to get through. Not just the subject matter but the way the movie was shot, the fast camera changes and the jerky nature of the camera work. The whole movie made me anxious and uncomfortable and at some points nauseated. Like what happens when you get motion sickness.

Recently?

The drill scene in American Sniper.

What. The. f**k.

--

As a kid though? The Large Marge reveal scene in Pee Wee's Big Adventure lol.

Ned Beatty

I don't think the director gave Ned the script for that particular scene. He just told Ned to go with whatever was happening. :o

Dances With Wolves: Stands With Fist (Mary McDonnell) remembers back to when she was a little girl, when Natives slaughtered her family.

I have to skip it every time.

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/dances-with-wolves-stands-with-a-fist.jpg

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

I "liked" Segue's post based on Forest Gump - Shawshank was collateral damage ..

As YourLion mentioned, the fire extinguisher scene in Irreversible was bad

I'll also toss in the scene in Pan's Labyrinth in which Ofelia's stepfather kills the innocent father and son who were hunting rabbits

• Like 2

Most of Chainsaw massacre. A scene that is especially hard to watch, is the one around the table, where the guy, who is around 160 years old, is attempting to use the hammer. I don't need to watch this again.

You mean "Leatherface"?

Its camp horror gore and completely fake so it is palatable.

There are so many tragic shit on the web that is real. Beheadings by terrorists, Mexican women being tied up and shot in the back of the head, people jumping off buildings or hanging themselves, videos of people being crushed by trucks, it is awful dude, but that is our world sadly.

I suppose now I am a bit "desensitised" to this horror now as most of our younger generation are, I only wish that the poor souls did not suffer too long.

:o :o :o

Most of Chainsaw massacre. A scene that is especially hard to watch, is the one around the table, where the guy, who is around 160 years old, is attempting to use the hammer. I don't need to watch this again.

You mean "Leatherface"?

Its camp horror gore and completely fake so it is palatable.

There are so many tragic shit on the web that is real. Beheadings by terrorists, Mexican women being tied up and shot in the back of the head, people jumping off buildings or hanging themselves, videos of people being crushed by trucks, it is awful dude, but that is our world sadly.

I suppose now I am a bit "desensitised" to this horror now as most of our younger generation are, I only wish that the poor souls did not suffer too long.

:o :o :o

Yes but there is no narrative with the horrors you mention, maybe background if you look, but no immediate story line. The psychological connection with the characters, makes me feel more, in that scene I mentioned.

When you have dialogue understanding and a rapport with the people in massacre, balanced with awful things that eventually happen, it's all the more painful for me.

What I'm trying to say is, it reminds me of dinner with the inlaws :LOL:

Like pet detective 2

What a travesty of a film, now that is horrific. :D

Edited by condemned2bfree
  • Like 1

Once I was sat behind a really tall person at the cinema...that movie was really hard to watch
  • Like 8

A lot of Dead Alive was hard to watch when I was a teenager but halfway through I think you get desensitized to the grossness of it all.