Rush presenting at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

tas7

And by Rush they mean Ged & Al.

I am waiting for the TRF retirement police to come along to point out that Rush will not be attending. That the name Rush should only be used when Ged, Al and Neil are present!

I remember reading recently that Rick Wakeman won't be attending. Shame really.

All minds can be changed :) ...

Update 4th January regarding RRHOF:

“I am very pleased to announce that as the Hall of Fame have now agreed to present Chris Squire’s wife with a posthumous award acknowledging his massive contribution to YES, I have agreed to attend the Induction ceremony in New York to both stand proudly with my fellow band mates Jon and Trevor and also to watch Chris’s wife Scottie collect this well deserved award on his behalf. I also hope that this move to acknowledge members of bands who sadly did not live to receive their own honour, means they can get them posthumously in the future”.

http://www.rwcc.com/gorr.asp

That's great news- both things- that Chris Squires' wife will receive the award and that Rick Wakeman will be there on stage with Yes. :)

Interesting that Wakeman is not referring to his "fellow band mates" as Yes, he is speaking of ARW.

• Like 1

“I am very pleased to announce that as the Hall of Fame have now agreed to present Chris Squire’s wife with a posthumous award acknowledging his massive contribution to YES, I have agreed to attend the Induction ceremony in New York to both stand proudly with my fellow band mates Jon and Trevor and also to watch Chris’s wife Scottie collect this well deserved award on his behalf. I also hope that this move to acknowledge members of bands who sadly did not live to receive their own honour, means they can get them posthumously in the future”.

Thanks Lurkst.

• Like 1

I think Daniel Bryan would be a more fitting presenter. (Please, just one person get this!)

I had to look him up (although I did follow Shawn Michaels for awhile) but that's pretty funny!

• Like 1

And by Rush they mean Ged & Al.

I am waiting for the TRF retirement police to come along to point out that Rush will not be attending. That the name Rush should only be used when Ged, Al and Neil are present!

:LOL:

Well, the article did say "members of Rush" so they'll have to dig for something else

• Like 1

Rush IS the perfect choice to induct them, definitely. Yes and Rush on the same stage? Oh my! When Chris Squire died, Geddy Lee put out a public statement offering his condolences and admitted that he had never met him! I was very surprised by this. The two best bass players in the two best prog rock bands in the 70s, Geddy had been influenced by Mr. Squire and they had never met one another?
  • Like 1

Rush IS the perfect choice to induct them, definitely. Yes and Rush on the same stage? Oh my! When Chris Squire died, Geddy Lee put out a public statement offering his condolences and admitted that he had never met him! I was very surprised by this. The two best bass players in the two best prog rock bands in the 70s, Geddy had been influenced by Mr. Squire and they had never met one another?

Geddy did write some very complimentary things for Yes' The Word Is Live set..

I am not a fan of these type of events mainly because of artists like Rush or Yes were ignored in the past and now that they are passed their heyday and have refused to go away they finally get inducted.Great to see Yes finally getting in and Rush presenting them though i feel Yes should have been inducted before Rush.I don't blame Neil from staying away from this.Perhaps he is round at John Deacon's(Queen bass player)house having a beer.Or writing another book.

Great news all around. Such a shame Squire passed.

Interesting that Geddy and Alex are considered Rush if only to present an honor, yet if they were to play together, they can't or wouldn't be ..

Back on topic, this is great to hear, and should make it more fun

Alex and Geddy could hit it off with a drummer for this event and then go on tour as a power trio playing Yes songs. Then we could have Yes, the Rush Yes, and the Jon Anderson/Rick Wakeman/Trevor Rabin Yes all touring at the same time

Yes yes yes? No..