Your most fave all-female rock band?

Texas King

Your most fave all-female rock band?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Your most fave all-female rock band?

• The Runaways
    • Girlschool
    • Vixen
    • L7
    • Rock Goddess
    • Phantom Blue
    • other(please name in the comment)

Poison

First band I thought of.. Stole my thunder dude! Lol

I'm not familiar with any all-female bands (except Poison!) so the best I can do here is just a female lead singer.. 'The Order of Chaos'. A local band from my town:

Oh and Darby Mills!

Can't say they're my favorite all-female band (as I don't have one) but these ladies were pretty fun in concert when I saw them years ago...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vou4ShQzdm8/VaLbMPrHGoI/AAAAAAAACI0/1PHzd-MYub0/s640/Shonen%2BKnife%2B-%2BPeel%2BSessions.jpg

Shonen Knife are fantastic live, pure fun.

The favorite band of one of my daughters for years.

I hate that I forgot them.

Fanny.

I only heard a song or two by them, but David Bowie apparently was a huge fan:

One of the most important female bands in American rock has been buried without a trace. And that is Fanny. They were one of the finest... rock bands of their time, in about 1973. They were extraordinary... they're as important as anybody else who's ever been, ever; it just wasn't their time. Revivify Fanny. And I will feel that my work is done.

— David Bowie

I would go with the Go Go's, but if you are not counting them, why not The Donnas or Sleater Kinney ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JqjVQtpofQ

I love The Donnas BC ... One of the best sounding bands I have ever seen live .... I saw them about 3 weeks after 9/11 in NYC, and the vibe at that show was like nothing I have ever experienced ... They were great

• Like 1

Can't say they're my favorite all-female band (as I don't have one) but these ladies were pretty fun in concert when I saw them years ago...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vou4ShQzdm8/VaLbMPrHGoI/AAAAAAAACI0/1PHzd-MYub0/s640/Shonen%2BKnife%2B-%2BPeel%2BSessions.jpg

Great pick JB, I love 'em

• Like 1

I love the Go Go's, I grew up listening to them and Bananarama. The Donna's are great as well. I saw Sholen Knife with Nirvana back in 1993, great concert!

The Bluechicas, they're as sexy hell as well! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

The Bluechicas, they're as sexy hell as well! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Yeah, great band! :yes:

I'm a fan of The Mayras too. :drool: :hail:

Aww, thanks guys !! Looks like Mayra and I need to get the band back together! :D :D :D

• Like 3

Yeah, great band! :yes:

I'm a fan of The Mayras too. :drool: :hail:

Aww, thanks guys !! Looks like Mayra and I need to get the band back together! :D :D :D

:hail:

• Like 1