U2 tour 2017

custom55

OK, throw tomatoes but I saw the Joshua Tree tour in '87 at the Izod ( or whatever name it was back then ) and it was fantastic.

I'm going just to hear this...

• Like 5

Huge U2 fan but I'm going to give this a wide berth.

1. Stadium shows suck.

2. Bono couldn't hit the notes in Red Hill Mining Town in his prime and hasn't been able to sing WOWY properly in about 20 years. That ship has sailed, glad I saw them on the Joshua tree tour back in 87, some of the best concerts of my life.

I loved U2 between my 15-25 years old.

I appreciate their songs since the very first album until Pop.

I went at the Pop-Mart Tour and it was a rewarding experience.

It was my first rock concert and I was 18. I can't compare.

• Like 1

Saw them in the Unforgettable Fire Tour, Joshua Tree Tour and Achtung Baby Tour.

Never saw them again after that. I think I saw them in their absolute prime and all three shows were amazing. But the first one I saw in 1985 has stuck with me the most. They were right on the cusp of stardom with The Unforgettable Fire but not quite their......the crowd at that show was singing so loud on every son you could barely hear Bono. It was truly amazing.

Joshua Tree was at the old Orange Bowl and they were so big then.......it lost that magical feeling I had just 2 years earlier. Then I saw them at the quaint Miami Arena (it was a small venue) for Achtung Baby and it was fantastic.

That is my favorite album from them (AB) and I was so glad I saw that tour.

I am definitely taking a pass on this over bloated, over priced show. Bono can't sing live anymore. Been a long time since he could.

I do enjoy All That You Can Leave Behind, How To Dismantle and No Line On The Horizon three really solid albums late in their career.

Their last record was hot garbage (the one we got for free on I-Tunes).

• Like 3

U2 can be very overbearing with how they see their roll or purpose in the world. Maybe they are doing this tour because they know their new album will not generate the amount of money they expect from sales. A tour will sell-out. CA-CHING.
  • Like 2

U2 can be very overbearing with how they see their roll or purpose in the world. Maybe they are doing this tour because they know their new album will not generate the amount of money they expect from sales. A tour will sell-out. CA-CHING.

Are they coming out with a new album? That is unusually fast for them at this stage of their career.

Are they coming out with a new album? That is unusually fast for them at this stage of their career.

It was finished and then the 2016 U.S. Election happened. Apparently, that changed how U2 felt about the album. So now they are going on tour.

It was finished and then the 2016 U.S. Election happened. Apparently, that changed how U2 felt about the album. So now they are going on tour.

In other words, Livenation said "hey we want a return for our investment NOW"

U2 are a solid band, I really enjoy most everything through Achtung. Would be painful to hear most acts this late in their careers, so nothing new/old there. Thankfully they were big enough at their peak that they have a few well produced concert releases from the mid/late '80s we can fall back on. Edited by stoopid
  • Like 1

Ever since these fukking bastards hacked my iPhone I've wanted their career to collapse.. Maybe before that actually.
  • Like 2

OK, throw tomatoes but I saw the Joshua Tree tour in '87 at the Izod ( or whatever name it was back then ) and it was fantastic.

I'm going just to hear this...

http://youtu.be/xTd_irMT768

"Bullet the Blue Sky" always reminded me of Ted Nugent's "Stranglehold".

Stranglehold blows that out of the water!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

I agree with many that U2's peak was a long time ago (1983-1992), but they've done a lot of good songs since, and that last album was really good. I also agree that Bono will struggle with some of TJT. Like has been said, he hasn't sang With or Without You worth a damn since last century, and Red Hill Mining Town will certainly be a challenge, but like always, this will an event. U2 never fails to put on a great show.

I've seen U2 in concert enough times to not have to care about this so-called tour. Great album, though. They were still interesting in 1987.

After "The Joshua Tree" forget it. No bueno!

I still like Achtung Baby. I'm just not very inclined to listen to it these days.

• Like 1

Joshua Tree is a fantastic work. It's the best sounding record of the 80s. The production is perfect - credit Daniel Lanois, and to an extent, Brian Eno.

This will be the most enjoyable U2 concert in 25 years. Here's hoping they play nothing they recorded after 1995.

• Like 3