Time Stand Still Tears

winter17

I gotta say, I found myself with two tears running down my cheek in the last two or three minutes of the show, at the end of Working Man, and hearing the three of them saying "last" and "the end" so much. What really got me was seeing Geddy say his final words, slowly backing off the stage, taking everything in like he would never see it again. And finally, Alex and Geddy walking arm and arm back to their private room, all while "The Garden," a very climactic, seemingly "final" song if that makes sense, played in the background.

For context, I'm a fifteen year old male, a demographic that's not "supposed" to cry.

• Like 12

That ending was tear-jerker Hollywood, but that's not what got me.

It was the Rock Hall footage. Never saw that on the big screen before and they let it roll. The father and son from Argentina did too. And the multi-generational stuff. I was fortunate enough to do this more than a dozen times myself with my family, but I never had to travel more than 5 hours to do it. So for me that was very emotional.

Edited by ytserush
  • Like 2

The Scottish fan who came back from a life ending accident really got to me. And he ended up coming to the LA concert...very emotional :rose:
  • Like 6

I'm glad I'm not the only fan who really likes Everyday Glory. Martin Popoff oddly dismissed it as "crap" in his Rush bio book.

Took me years to fall in love with "Everyday Glory."

Some songs take longer to digest than others. Sort of like consuming a good bottle of wine.

I wept many "Tears" last night.

No regrets or insecurities to type on a public forum.

RUSH IS MY ETERNAL.

It's that simple.

When I play my drums to RUSH music I drift into deep meditation.

I'm gone.

Don't need yoga. Don't need tantric voodoo.

Rush takes me down to a 1001001.

A zero.

Complete internal bliss.

• Like 3

I'm glad I'm not the only fan who really likes Everyday Glory. Martin Popoff oddly dismissed it as "crap" in his Rush bio book.

Top ten song for me. As is Cold Fire.

• Like 1

Top ten song for me. As is Cold Fire.

Bearing in mind that your top ten probably contains 50 songs.

;)

• Like 5

Took me years to fall in love with "Everyday Glory."

Some songs take longer to digest than others. Sort of like consuming a good bottle of wine.

I wept many "Tears" last night.

No regrets or insecurities to type on a public forum.

RUSH IS MY ETERNAL.

It's that simple.

When I play my drums to RUSH music I drift into deep meditation.

I'm gone.

Don't need yoga. Don't need tantric voodoo.

Rush takes me down to a 1001001.

A zero.

Complete internal bliss.

Earl, I can really empathize your feelings and I'm pretty sure the film will hit me like a hammer. I'll cry a river...

• Like 1

I teared up a few times during the show and couldn't hold it anymore at the end. Rush has literally been a daily part of my life for over 40 years and I'm sure their music will still be a daily part for years to come. I have so many Rush concert memories with my daughter over the last 20 years that I will cherish forever.
  • Like 8

My emotional moments were:

-The Scottish fan telling his story of survival set to 'Everyday Glory.'

-The reception at the HOF; that was beyond moving! Seeing Geddy's wife in tears perfectly sums up that moment.

-Geddy and Alex walking arm in arm back to their dressing room after the final show. More than 40 years of deep friendship. Right. There. That's when my tears came down.

• Like 1

Same here, I watched it with my nearly 6 year old son. He wants to be a drummer and loves watching Neil. The end really got me, and then thinking about how my son will never see them live pushed me over the edge. And damn you, Director, for ending it with The Garden!
  • Like 1

I just bought the bluray disc off Amazon. I didn't get a chance to the the film in the theater as I had to work to support all the bad habits I have, eg; a roof over me head, food in the frige, reliable transpo, etc. :D I have heard mixed reviews as some the focus is heavy on the fan interview(s) aspect. As a fan I will probably enjoy it as a whole. The thing I am really excited about is the bonus content. Some never seen before items. Yes I am still saddened when I thing there will be no more :rush: tours but I am hopeful there will be some studio stuff on the horizon.

My emotional moments were:

-The Scottish fan telling his story of survival set to 'Everyday Glory.'

-The reception at the HOF; that was beyond moving! Seeing Geddy's wife in tears perfectly sums up that moment.

-Geddy and Alex walking arm in arm back to their dressing room after the final show. More than 40 years of deep friendship. Right. There. That's when my tears came down.

Same here, I watched it with my nearly 6 year old son. He wants to be a drummer and loves watching Neil. The end really got me, and then thinking about how my son will never see them live pushed me over the edge. And damn you, Director, for ending it with The Garden!

The combination of Geddy and Alex walking back and The Garden was powerful.

• Like 1

Oh don't tell me that. Now I'm sorry I looked at this thread. My dvd arrives on Friday. So Amazon is saying.

i always thought that The Garden was the perfect ending to the last Rush album. The song says it all. But that's how the doc ends???

Edited by Lorraine

Oh don't tell me that. Now I'm sorry I looked at this thread. My dvd arrives on Friday. So Amazon is saying.

i always thought that The Garden was the perfect ending to the last Rush album. The song says it all. But that's how the doc ends???

Oh, no, of course not, definitely not.

Watched it last night. I feel more comfortable with the fact that Rush is over now. It's sad but I get it. And I feel I understand Neil better, although I feel at times he has been coddled by the others for so long because of his quirky nature. He really is like Sheldon Cooper. But I do not blame him for stopping and going out on top. And say what you will about him, he is honorable in his commitment to Ged and Al. He gave his all. He deserves his retirement.

I think a lot of my sadness comes not only from the inevitableness of the end, but in that my wife will not be able to experience more. She came on board so late in the game. I am thankful she and I were able to experience 4 shows together. But she wanted more. I want to take her to more shows. And she has only been able to experience the build up to a new album once (Clockwork Angels). I have had that for over 20 years.

It has been a virtual treasure trove of output for fans lately - every tour since VT we get a live DVD, the documentary, etc - which has allowed amazing insight and access to them, when back in the day we were lucky for the odd concert VHS release. So she has had the ability to really dig in deep. But now it is ending as suddenly as it all started. She got 7 years of it. 4 shows. But now what? Now we can only go back. No more going forward. So yea I am sad for her in that respect. It's bittersweet.

But having said that... I am really glad for the Presto footage. After watching the documentary that footage left us smiling. And now we have yet another DVD of live footage to obsess over together.

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 2

Watched it last night. I feel more comfortable with the fact that Rush is over now. It's sad but I get it. And I feel I understand Neil better, although I feel at times he has been coddled by the others for so long because of his quirky nature. He really is like Sheldon Cooper. But I do not blame him for stopping and going out on top. And say what you will about him, he is honorable in his commitment to Ged and Al. He gave his all. He deserves his retirement.

I think a lot of my sadness comes not only from the inevitableness of the end, but in that my wife will not be able to experience more. She came on board so late in the game. I am thankful she and I were able to experience 4 shows together. But she wanted more. I want to take her to more shows. And she has only been able to experience the build up to a new album once (Clockwork Angels). I have had that for over 20 years.

It has been a virtual treasure trove of output for fans lately - every tour since VT we get a live DVD, the documentary, etc - which has allowed amazing insight and access to them, when back in the day we were lucky for the odd concert VHS release. So she has had the ability to really dig in deep. But now it is ending as suddenly as it all started. She got 7 years of it. 4 shows. But now what? Now we can only go back. No more going forward. So yea I am sad for her in that respect. It's bittersweet.

But having said that... I am really glad for the Presto footage. After watching the documentary that footage left us smiling. And now we have yet another DVD of live footage to obsess over together.

Some bands don't even last 7 years. We were so lucky to have them for 40+.

• Like 4

Watched it last night. Was very emotional for me. I was 15 when I saw my first Rush show during the AFTK tour, ended with exactly 60 shows under my belt when they wrapped at the Forum. It's been an incredible ride and I have made peace with the fact it is over.

My girlfriend had tears streaming down her face by the end of it. She was happy I dragged to her to 10 shows over the last 4 tours.

Rush Gumby is icing on the cake

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr300/Fatorgan/rumby_zpsjcwscjfj.jpg

Edited by Rushman14
  • Like 4

This is the strangest thing. The Rush gods must read TRF is the only thing I can think.

Here is what it says on the tracking - I was right, it was originally UPS:

As requested by the sender, UPS has transferred this shipment to the local post office for delivery to the final destination.

Notify me with updates »

Change Delivery »

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:

Tuesday, 22/11/2016, By End of Day

Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:

Friday, 25/11/2016, By End of Day

And here comes the mailman in his little delivery truck as I type! :)

Edit: It's here! I will watch it right now.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3