Time Stand Still Tears

winter17

Don't you wish we had some videos of Alex doing "The Bag" from back then?

Also, anyone else sense tension in the dressing room right before they go on stage in LA?

I thought that too about the videos. It would be awesome if someone had taken some. I did sense the tension in the dressing room but I kind of wrote it off as being sadness it was over. Probably not in Neils case.

Does anyone know who the older man is in the doc? I don't recall it ever showing who he was. He was much older - I would say close to or in his seventies. He seemed angry too.

It could either have been Alex, Neil, or Geddy ;)

• Like 1

I have watched the movie several times now. I have got to the point I am not in tears by the time That Garden is playing even though welling of emotional feelings are still strong. So far my only not so nice thing to say regarding the whole experience is (after watching many times) I noticed from the point they were at the opening concert in Tulsa they continued to give props to subsequent cities on the tour as they counted down to the LA finally. However there several cites on the tour never mentioned :huh: . One of them being the show I was able to attend in Tampa. I am wondering why the editors decided not to do a complete countdown. The only thing I can think is the dates that were sold out got the nod? I :finbar: personally think it would of been nice if they gave kudos to all the cities that were on the tour as it was/is the final major tour. Other than that I still love the film especially the goof off jam sequence. Long live :rush: !!! Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

I have watched the movie several times now. I have got to the point I am not in tears by the time That Garden is playing even though welling of emotional feelings are still strong. So far my only not so nice thing to say regarding the whole experience is (after watching many times) I noticed from the point they were at the opening concert in Tulsa they continued to give props to subsequent cities on the tour as they counted down to the LA finally. However there several cites on the tour never mentioned :huh: . One of them being the show I was able to attend in Tampa. I am wondering why the editors decided not to do a complete countdown. The only thing I can think is the dates that were sold out got the nod? I :finbar: personally think it would of been nice if they gave kudos to all the cities that were on the tour as it was/is the final major tour. Other than that I still love the film especially the goof off jam sequence. Long live :rush: !!!

I didn't think of that, but it probably would have taken too long to spend time on each city and made the documentary drag. It wasn't long enough to me though, and I wish they'd added a bit more.

• Like 1

I have watched the movie several times now. I have got to the point I am not in tears by the time That Garden is playing even though welling of emotional feelings are still strong. So far my only not so nice thing to say regarding the whole experience is (after watching many times) I noticed from the point they were at the opening concert in Tulsa they continued to give props to subsequent cities on the tour as they counted down to the LA finally. However there several cites on the tour never mentioned :huh: . One of them being the show I was able to attend in Tampa. I am wondering why the editors decided not to do a complete countdown. The only thing I can think is the dates that were sold out got the nod? I :finbar: personally think it would of been nice if they gave kudos to all the cities that were on the tour as it was/is the final major tour. Other than that I still love the film especially the goof off jam sequence. Long live :rush: !!!

I didn't think of that, but it probably would have taken too long to spend time on each city and made the documentary drag. It wasn't long enough to me though, and I wish they'd added a bit more.

I think they could of done a few flash sequences spending a few seconds on each city (in like in a "countdown" fashion (pun intended:D )) even if they did still shots or even showed the banners from the intro with some nice backgound music. I think they covered like 10 cities in the movie. So if the other remaing got 3 seconds that would only add a little more than a minute of time to the film. I'm sure there is a reason why the final cut became the final cut. I do think it would've been a nice touch :yes: But then again who am I :P

• Like 1

I think they could of done a few flash sequences spending a few seconds on each city (in like in a "countdown" fashion (pun intended:D )) even if they did still shots or even showed the banners from the intro with some nice backgound music. I think they covered like 10 cities in the movie. So if the other remaing got 3 seconds that would only add a little more than a minute of time to the film. I'm sure there is a reason why the final cut became the final cut. I do think it would've been a nice touch :yes: But then again who am I :P

No I agree with you. It would have been nice to have that.

• Like 1

I can't wait to see this, although I know it'll be very emotional for me.

My girlfriend got to see them once with me (Irvine last year) and has mucho respect for them, digs a lot of their music, but she's not a huge fan the way that I am. Still... I want her to see this doc with me (and Lighted Stage too)... she's a creative and loves to hear about the way artists do their thing.