R45 Will the Boys reunite in Three years?

losingit2k

Will the boys reunite for an R45 Tour?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Yes

• No
    • Only with they get a new drummer
    • More like R50 if they still can!

No offense but I don't think there's any way they would ever tour as Rush with a guest drummer.

I can imagine Geddy and Alex possibly doing a tour on which they did some Rush material but it wouldn't be billed as a Rush tour and would probably only happen if they had something else to justify it, such as a new Geddy/Alex album.

As for a Rush 45 tour I don't think it's at all likely but would stop short of saying impossible. An R50 I think is very likely impossible.

I think the more realistic, if still not at all certain or likely, possibilities for Rush going forward are as follows:

-A new studio album, possibly with a very limited number of live performances.

-A few limited performances, possibly with some new material thrown in, even if there is no new album.

-A few limited performances with no new material.

If we get anything more from them I'll be extremely grateful; as far as I'm concerned they've already given us far more than enough and anything else would be awesome but I don't expect it.

One thing is certain; if they ever do play even just one more show I will travel anywhere for any price to see it. To see Rush live just one more time would be sweet, regardless of the set list.

But I don't expect it.

Edited by rftag

No offense but I don't think there's any way they would ever tour as Rush with a guest drummer.

I can imagine Geddy and Alex possibly doing a tour on which they did some Rush material but it wouldn't be billed as a Rush tour and would probably only happen if they had something else to justify it, such as a new Geddy/Alex album.

As for a Rush 45 tour I don't think it's at all likely but would stop short of saying impossible. An R50 I think is very likely impossible.

I think the more realistic, if still not at all certain or likely, possibilities for Rush going forward are as follows:

-A few limited performances, possibly with some new material thrown in, even if there is no new album.

If we get anything more from them I'll be extremely grateful; as far as I'm concerned they've already given us far more than enough and anything else would be awesome but I don't expect it.

One thing is certain; if they ever do play even just one more show I will travel anywhere for any price to see it. To see Rush live just one more time would be sweet, regardless of the set list.

But I don't expect it.

If Rush were to play just one more show, please remember to bring $10,000 with you. Yes, That One Show would be very expensive.

If/when Geddy and Alex play together with a new drummer, which who knows, it could happen, I feel sure they would not call themselves Rush while doing it. I would absolutely be excited if they did it, but it would be something other than Rush.
  • Like 1

Eh, maybe. Not really into the whole acoustic thing. I don't mind a number or two though. Edited by catherine
  • Like 1

Eh, maybe. Not really into the whole acoustic thing. I don't mind a number or two though.

I'd be bored. Unless . . . it was a set of deeper cuts.

I hear ya!

Edited by catherine
  • Like 1

Would you be willing to watch an entire show . . . of this:

http://cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/tourbooks/r30/r30-169.jpg

I'd see it at least once, for the novelty, if nothing else.

• Like 1

It's an interesting topic to debate. No one, including the guys themselves, have the answer to it. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the next couple of years, Neil decides he'd be ok with a " farewell " tour. My biggest concern with it would be how their performances might come across with the passage of a few more years, and little to no activity from them in between. They certainly seem to be in fine form, but I really have to wonder how long they can continue to play and sound as good as they did on this tour. There is no shame in walking away from it if you either feel that you physically can't do it anymore, or emotionally, you do not want to do it anymore. Neil feels that he's done... he knows his physical and emotional limitations and in the end, I'd rather trust his feelings about his decision than anyone else's. I read a quote recently that Ged feels that Neil is so strong that he still has enough in the tank to continue a few more years. If that's true, but Neil doesn't WANT to play, then that says a lot. The guy feels like he's done. Leave the man be. All I know is, unless they all WANT to do it, and can play at a very high level, I'm not sure I'd want to see them playing below the standard that I've become accustomed to. I'd rather see them walk away now then witness that.
  • Like 1

But I don't expect it.

This kinda makes sense. They would probably tour ala: Page / Plant did back in the 90's. A would love to see a Lee/ Lifeson Tour. Set list below:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Driven (With Bass Solo)

Cut to the Chase

My Favorite Headache

Promise

Mal-Nar

Limelight

Freewill

Headlong Flight

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

New World Man

Clockwork Angels

Don't Care

Working at Perfekt

Distant Early Warning

Red Barchetta

La Villa Strangiatto

Hemispheres (Prelude)

Cygnus X-1

Xanadu

2112 (O/T/F)

Encore:

The Anarchist

YYZ

Working Man

I'd pay to see this!

:Alex: :NP: :geddy:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

But I don't expect it.

This kinda makes sense. They would probably tour ala: Page / Plant did back in the 90's. A would love to see a Lee/ Lifeson Tour. Set list below:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Driven (With Bass Solo)

Cut to the Chase

My Favorite Headache

Promise

Mal-Nar

Limelight

Freewill

Headlong Flight

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

New World Man

Clockwork Angels

Don't Care

Working at Perfekt

Distant Early Warning

Red Barchetta

La Villa Strangiatto

Hemispheres (Prelude)

Cygnus X-1

Xanadu

2112 (O/T/F)

Encore:

The Anarchist

YYZ

Working Man

I'd pay to see this!

You and your endless set lists.

I bet you have a "Geddy solo tour" set list, a "Geddy/Alex" set list (as seen here), an "Alex solo tour" set list, a "Geddy/Alex unplugged" set list, a "full Rush band" set list, a "one off gig full Rush band" set list, and "B" & "C" alternate set lists for each of those tours don't you? :LOL:

• Like 1

Rush should not come back. Let it lie. :)

Yes I agree. They need to stop while they're on the top of their game. No one wants to see them decline. Just the threads about Geddys voice for the last 10 years or so should prove that point.

But I don't expect it.

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Driven (With Bass Solo)

Cut to the Chase

My Favorite Headache

Promise

Mal-Nar

Limelight

Freewill

Headlong Flight

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

New World Man

Clockwork Angels

Don't Care

Working at Perfekt

Distant Early Warning

Red Barchetta

La Villa Strangiatto

Hemispheres (Prelude)

Cygnus X-1

Xanadu

2112 (O/T/F)

Encore:

The Anarchist

YYZ

Working Man

I'd pay to see this!

You and your endless set lists.

I bet you have a "Geddy solo tour" set list, a "Geddy/Alex" set list (as seen here), an "Alex solo tour" set list, a "Geddy/Alex unplugged" set list, a "full Rush band" set list, a "one off gig full Rush band" set list, and "B" & "C" alternate set lists for each of those tours don't you? :LOL:

Possibly!

Honestly I would be okay if they toured with Portnoy but it's not gonna happen. I'm pretty sure they're done as far as touring goes unfortunately. That said I still hold hope for one more album!

Boys? They're almost OAPs!

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/194324/golden_girls-1p0f_medium.png

They're the same age now as 3 of these girls (older than 1 by nearly a decade) were when this show kicked off! Not even joking.

So they're not "the boys" they're the Golden Boys!

Boys? They're almost OAPs!

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/194324/golden_girls-1p0f_medium.png

They're the same age now as 3 of these girls (older than 1 by nearly a decade) were when this show kicked off! Not even joking.

So they're not "the boys" they're the Golden Boys!

Estelle Getty Lee

• Like 1

If we're talking about the 3 of them, I don't see a tour of any significant length taking place again. Maybe the odd performance or performances (Massey Hall/Radio City) but can't see them doing the 30-40 show tours anymore. It's just too much for Neil. I don't think he believes he has the physical capacity to pull it off at the level he expects from himself. Even though it's no longer profitable to, I could see them recording new material and trying to figure out the business model after that. (it's just a gut feeling).

R50!

Neil will look like Charlie watts but who cares!

(You know I'm a Rush fan when my phone auto corrects r50 to r40..:/)

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 2