R45 Will the Boys reunite in Three years?

losingit2k

Will the boys reunite for an R45 Tour?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Yes

• No
    • Only with they get a new drummer
    • More like R50 if they still can!

Well, they probably will have a dinner together

I'd be surprised if even that happens.

Edited by JARG
  • Like 1

Hate to say it but they may need a guest singer too, they could really do some killer old stuff. But let Geddy sing the lower keyed stuff.

I think if ged felt like he couldn't do a song they wouldn't play it ... I've always thought he should let the crowd sing for him on the ones he really just can't do .. They could even put the words up on the big screens and have a bouncing ball ... WE WILL SING FOR YOU GEDDY !!

I suggested this very thing for Fly by Night on R40. Would have been a nice thing for the fans.

I don't want to hear you sing goose! And you certainly wouldn't want to hear me sing either! ;)

• Like 2

Hate to say it but they may need a guest singer too, they could really do some killer old stuff. But let Geddy sing the lower keyed stuff.

I think if ged felt like he couldn't do a song they wouldn't play it ... I've always thought he should let the crowd sing for him on the ones he really just can't do .. They could even put the words up on the big screens and have a bouncing ball ... WE WILL SING FOR YOU GEDDY !!

I suggested this very thing for Fly by Night on R40. Would have been a nice thing for the fans.

I don't want to hear you sing goose! And you certainly wouldn't want to hear me sing either! ;)

I've got a great voice. Me and Treeduck even did an album of cover songs not too long ago...Migratin' with Goose and Duck.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/duck-goose-singing-microphone-isolated-white-34774475.jpg

• Like 5

Neil doesn't seem one for sentiment, so I doubt there would be anything done according to an anniversary .... Is there an album in the future, or perhaps a short stint of shows ?? .. maybe ... but with all due respect, Neil looked out of shape and stiff on this last tour, and he just seems to have lost the fire to play in Rush ..

But I think Geddy and Alex will definitely do something together in the next 3 years

My pick:

http://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/images.hellogiggles.com/uploads/2014/11/13/senrikawaguch550iu4-500x367c.jpg

:facepalm:

Neil has a life,

Recording music and touring for 40 plus years takes a toll on a person's body. Plus family priorities. He can kick any drummers a**! :Neil:

Troutman, come on now, where did I ever blame him ?? You know that I have been fine with his decision all along ( except for that last blog hiccup )

But that doesn't mean that the music has to stop

• Like 1

Neil doesn't seem one for sentiment, so I doubt there would be anything done according to an anniversary .... Is there an album in the future, or perhaps a short stint of shows ?? .. maybe ... but with all due respect, Neil looked out of shape and stiff on this last tour, and he just seems to have lost the fire to play in Rush ..

But I think Geddy and Alex will definitely do something together in the next 3 years

My pick:

http://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/images.hellogiggles.com/uploads/2014/11/13/senrikawaguch550iu4-500x367c.jpg

Neil has a life,

Recording music and touring for 40 plus years takes a toll on a person's body. Plus family priorities. He can kick any drummers a**! :Neil:

Troutman, come on now, where did I ever blame him ?? You know that I have been fine with his decision all along ( except for that last blog hiccup )

As a band,

Without Neil it does. No Rush. There is no way in Hell Alex and Geddy would carry on as Rush. Call it what you want with another drummer but it won't be Rush. If it is over, I hope Alex and Geddy do there own thing at this point.

• Like 1

I love the idea of a couple shows in Toronto and New York. I seriously doubt it will happen though.

Too many logistics for too few shows.

Three night at the Hollywood Bowl.

• Like 1

Singing along with Geddy is fine. However, I'm not down with singing INSTEAD OF Geddy. I've heard myself and Rush fans around me singing. It's usually not pleasant no matter how much we enjoy singing those lyrics

And for whatever reason, something about a bouncing ball over a scrolling set of lyrics seems in the realm of

Well, Geddy has a teleprompter so it would be no real effort to just broadcast that over the big screens.

...Superconductor.

Oh. Never mind.

• Like 1

Singing along with Geddy is fine. However, I'm not down with singing INSTEAD OF Geddy. I've heard myself and Rush fans around me singing. It's usually not pleasant no matter how much we enjoy singing those lyrics

And for whatever reason, something about a bouncing ball over a scrolling set of lyrics seems in the realm of

Well, Geddy has a teleprompter so it would be no real effort to just broadcast that over the big screens.

...Superconductor.

Oh. Never mind.

Yikes...Life imitates art. Art imitates life.

I love Art. Such a cool guy

• Like 1

My pick:

Neil has a life,

As a band,

Without Neil it does. No Rush.

Rush

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/rush%20undies3.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

My pick:

Neil has a life,

As a band,

Without Neil it does. No Rush.

Rush

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/nekolennon/rush%20undies3.jpg

Yup, this is true. Using an optimistic mind, it'd be Rush with a new drummer.

But, by definition, it wouldn't be a REUNITING of Rush which is what's said in the original post. That is, they can "reunite" using Mike Portnoy or anyone else since it'd be the first time. You know, bad wordage in that first post.

OK, there seems to be some confusion on the scorecard

- No, Rush will not reunite for a R45 Tour

- Yes, Geddy and Alex will make new music .. when asked, just imagine Neil saying

Yes, I know, it's nothing new

It's just a waste of time

I have no need for ancient ways

My world is doing fine

- What You're Doing never sounded better than when John Rutsey played it

I have been cooking wild rice now for what seems like 2 hours - the directions said 30-45 minutes

• Like 3

Seeing as how I got into Rush after the end of R40, it's very likely that I'll never see Rush in concert ever, and it's a little sad, but then again I imagine it's more sad for the people who actually have gone and seen them. Ged, Alex and Neil touring just seems impossible, but a Ged Alex and somebody else alliance does sound kind of nice.

I had an embarrassing amount of difficulty boiling potatoes all the way through last time I tried cooking.

• Like 1

- Yes, Geddy and Alex will make new music .. when asked, just imagine Neil saying

My world is doing fine

I have been cooking wild rice now for what seems like 2 hours - the directions said 30-45 minutes

Wild Rice is such a PITA, Wild Rice is the KISS of grains.

• Like 2

My world is doing fine

Wild Rice is such a PITA, Wild Rice is the KISS of grains.

This I agree with !!

Wild rice, when it is finally ready to eat, is the hottest band in the land

Seeing as how I got into Rush after the end of R40, it's very likely that I'll never see Rush in concert ever, and it's a little sad, but then again I imagine it's more sad for the people who actually have gone and seen them. Ged, Alex and Neil touring just seems impossible, but a Ged Alex and somebody else alliance does sound kind of nice.

I had an embarrassing amount of difficulty boiling potatoes all the way through last time I tried cooking.

Did you salt the water?? Important to keep a good boil on them and keep them covered with plenty of salty water. It should taste like ocean water.

Regular or red skin ??

• Like 1