R45 Will the Boys reunite in Three years?

losingit2k

Will the boys reunite for an R45 Tour?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Yes

• No
    • Only with they get a new drummer
    • More like R50 if they still can!

Seeing as how I got into Rush after the end of R40, it's very likely that I'll never see Rush in concert ever, and it's a little sad, but then again I imagine it's more sad for the people who actually have gone and seen them. Ged, Alex and Neil touring just seems impossible, but a Ged Alex and somebody else alliance does sound kind of nice.

I had an embarrassing amount of difficulty boiling potatoes all the way through last time I tried cooking.

Regular or red skin ??

Regular white potatoes. Never had much trouble boiling red potatoes; they're smaller.

• Like 1

Seeing as how I got into Rush after the end of R40, it's very likely that I'll never see Rush in concert ever, and it's a little sad, but then again I imagine it's more sad for the people who actually have gone and seen them. Ged, Alex and Neil touring just seems impossible, but a Ged Alex and somebody else alliance does sound kind of nice.

I had an embarrassing amount of difficulty boiling potatoes all the way through last time I tried cooking.

Did you salt the water?? Important to keep a good boil on them and keep them covered with plenty of salty water. It should taste like ocean water.

I had no idea I had to salt the water. I learn new things every day!

Seeing as how I got into Rush after the end of R40, it's very likely that I'll never see Rush in concert ever, and it's a little sad, but then again I imagine it's more sad for the people who actually have gone and seen them.

"Sadder still to watch it die than never to have known it."

• Like 1

Regular or red skin ??

What are regular potatoes? Russets? If they are russets you may want to quarter them.

Regular or red skin ??

What are regular potatoes? Russets? If they are russets you may want to quarter them.

yes, I meant russets !! ... I couldn't think of the name

I always / only buy the little red / purple ones

• Like 1

This forum is turning into a total "Totem" turn off!!

Forget about Ged and Alex trying to find another drummer. How dumb. That Clipper in "The Wreckers" has finally sailed and it crashed into the Rush Red Rocks Of The Red Tide Rectum.

Don't get me wrong. I feel solemnly sad for you folk who were too late to the Rush Live Party.

But please move on. Remember I'm a selfish prick. I've devoted most of my free time to the band. 60 times. Means nothing to me. I've met men from Europe who have seen the band 124 times. Alas I am satisfied and have no regrets.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

If you choose to pay your money to see Geddy and Alex play with Danny Carey then good for you.

Fukk that shit.

Instead of bitching about a new Rush drummer, you should pray to the Neo-Neil Peart God that Jim doesn't shut down his Rush Forum Creation!!!

Jesus Genesis Revelations Christ!!!

Amen!!!

"Animate!!!"

I prefer "Alien Shore!"

Even E.T. The Extra-Testicle can't save Rush!!!

Signed,

"Testicle For Echo"

I believe there's a ghost of a chance this forum will stay intact and thrive.

Get in my Red Barchetta bitch, it's my turn to drive!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Seeing as how I got into Rush after the end of R40, it's very likely that I'll never see Rush in concert ever, and it's a little sad, but then again I imagine it's more sad for the people who actually have gone and seen them.

"Sadder still to watch it die than never to have known it."

I'm reading too fast. I thought you were referring to DOL'S potatoes..

• Like 1

I don't even think we'll see another album. There's no money in albums. If Neil runs out of petty cash, maybe he will agree to a few nights at one arena.

Does anyone know if Neil still practices every day?

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I feel it should be pointed out that the OP asked if 'the Rush camp' would push for an R45 tour. That could mean Ray Danniels. And in that case, the answer is, could be. :huh:

But if you leave it up to the band to decide? All three of them coming to an agreement to put on a tour, four years from now?

Highly illogical.

Mark my words: I doubt it.

• Like 1

Maybe not in the intensity/frequency he used to when the band was in full flight.

Does anyone know for certain? Or has he pulled the plug on everything?

Well, I don't think that even Geddy or Alex would know that for certain. And anything we surmise about it is just conjecture.

But that being said, I think he most likely has hung it up completely, at least for the time being. I imagine he may want to play again, at some point, but that would be simply of his own free will.

Or maybe his daughter might influence him somewhat- I can see him just kind of playing around on the drums, if it's something that she wants him to do, and it makes her smile. I like the thought of that.

Maybe not in the intensity/frequency he used to when the band was in full flight.

Does anyone know for certain? Or has he pulled the plug on everything?

Well, I don't think that even Geddy or Alex would know that for certain. And anything we surmise about it is just conjecture.

But that being said, I think he most likely has hung it up completely, at least for the time being. I imagine he may want to play again, at some point, but that would be simply of his own free will.

Or maybe his daughter might influence him somewhat- I can see him just kind of playing around on the drums, if it's something that she wants him to do, and it makes her smile. I like the thought of that.

I think he mentions in Ghost Rider that he used to play a song or two with Selena in the Christmas festivities.

My point in asking is that if he doesn't keep up with his drumming, forget about any new album. Somehow I can't see him practicing months and months just to get in shape for recording a few songs that won't reap him any financial profit.

He'd do it because he loves us. He's an artist who puts his art above money.
  • Like 3

My point in asking is that if he doesn't keep up with his drumming, forget about any new album. Somehow I can't see him practicing months and months just to get in shape for recording a few songs that won't reap him any financial profit.

He'd do it because he loves us. He's an artist who puts his art above money.

Forgive me. You are right. I must have lost my head for a moment.

• Like 1

Rush is over as we knew them.

Hell of a ride folks. 40 years strong.

• Like 2

I seriously doubt Neil is practicing every day. I think he's enjoying his retirement. He doesn't strike me as someone who would continually practice unless he had something he was working towards like a tour or album.
  • Like 1

He is worth 25 million, I doubt he is worried about money.

I can't imagine that he'll never sit down at a drum kit again (barring physical issues that would keep him from doing so). I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't done anything drumming related since the tour finished, but if he loves the instrument as much as it appears he does, he'll drum again at least for his own personal enjoyment. Heck, maybe he'll even go into his daughter's elementary school for "career day" and play a thing or two.

They will absolutely do a 45 show tour for R45, with John Mayer filling in on drums and name the group...

Rush & Company

I seriously doubt Neil is practicing every day. I think he's enjoying his retirement. He doesn't strike me as someone who would continually practice unless he had something he was working towards like a tour or album.

yep!

They will absolutely do a 45 show tour for R45, with John Mayer filling in on drums and name the group...

Rush & Company

Actually I just found on the Internet that indeed Simon Kirke will be playing the drums with Geddy and Alex! Recoding will commence in early 2017. The will be called RUSH AND BAD COMPANY!

I wonder if Peart even has a kit at his place in Cali. Seems like he'd just put his drums in storage somewhere.

In a few years we'll probably see him playing on some kit during some surprise studio recording pop-in with his buddy Matt Scannell. Not that Peart would record a song with him before Lee & Lifeson, BUT I can envision Scannell on some YouTube vid he (Scannell) recorded. I can imagine Scannell being giddy and doing the bowing/"I'm not worthy" gestures while Peart messes around (just because he's there) on the studio drums.

• Like 1