Let's cut Neil some WELL DESERVED slack!

Thunder Bay Rush

If Neil wants to retire, he should just open his mouth and say it. Don't drag the fans along, don't drag Geddy and Alex along, just either confirm or deny you're done with Rush. I'd have a LOT more respect for him if he would just be honest with himself and say it.

Can I just say you sound like you have a real lack of understanding? Hey, I said it. Fans aren't being dragged anywhere. Neil said "There's no strict answer" in the latest issue of Modern Drummer when asked about the future. Geddy and Alex don't know what the future holds. No one does. Stop being pissed at Neil for not charting out the next few years for you. What happens will happen, or not. The band is on "holiday". Geddy says they'll talk about a new album next year. Just be happy Neil hasn't said he's done with Rush, or said he's retired from drumming. That would be stupid. He is honest. Like Johnny told you in another thread, you just don't like the answers.

Ugh!

Thanks. :)

As I was reading your post I was thinking, "Yup I agree...yup...totally...yup yup..." then I saw my name. You say it better here than I briefly did in that other thread.

Thanks. I must say I'm a fan of your rational point of view-type posting style. I hope I wasn't too rude to fraroc, but it was the second time this morning that I read essentially the same post from him in two different threads. Gahh! :LOL:

Thanks for the great compliment! :cheers:

• Like 1

I don't need,

To give him any slack. He can do what ever he wants to. It's that simple.

You know if you are going to go Full Shatner your post should look more like this...

"I don't need,

To give him, any,

slack. He can do,

what ever he wants, to.

It's that, simple."

................................................Scotty!!!!!

Mick

• Like 1

I don't need,

To give him any slack. He can do what ever he wants to. It's that simple.

You know if you are going to go Full Shatner your post should look more like this...

"I don't need,

To give him, any,

slack. He can do,

what ever he wants, to.

It's that, simple."

http://www.strangecelebrities.com/images/content/141316.jpg

• Like 1

Neil has worked very hard to become one of the best rock drummers out there. 40 years or so on the road... he went through some personal crap that many people could not have made it through... He has a wife and a young daughter (I am so happy that he found a "second chance" at a great family life.) If he doesn't want to tour anymore, I can understand why. Pretty obvious, really.

Don't forget... the man is 62. Anyone here ever thought about retiring? I hear some pretty insensitive things about Neil and it bugs the sh** outta me. We should all be thankful that we ever had the chance to hear and see him play, read his lyrics and books. The man is getting some bad arrows slung in his direction and it’s not fair. Stop being so selfish.

I hope he does retire.

You won't get any argument from me. I've been thinking Rush needed to retire ever since VT came out.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone ever said he didn't have a right to retire; they have just questioned the manner in which it took place. You may or may not agree with their opinion on it, but "it is what it is."

So, we can have 36 pages of this back and forth all over again, or we can agree to disagree and just move on already.

http://dailynewsdig.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Cutest-Baby-Animals-top-10-3.jpg

Hey there, 'sup?

Looking back......the tragedy happened. but yea.........we wouldn't really have missed anything if that was it truthfully.

Mick

Ouch.

Truthfully, you say?

That can be your truth, my friend. ;) But mine is different.

• Like 1

Looking back......the tragedy happened. but yea.........we wouldn't really have missed anything if that was it truthfully.

Mick

Ouch.

Truthfully, you say?

Yea.......VT-CA. much as i like Snakes. it ain't essential. VT is an abomination. and CA jusr needs to go far away.

Mick

Mick

Ouch.

Truthfully, you say?

Yea.......VT-CA. much as i like Snakes. it ain't essential. VT is an abomination. and CA jusr needs to go far away.

Mick

I agree they did their best stuff prior to the tragedy, not including VT's. Afterwards things really took a slide.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

Mick

Ouch.

Truthfully, you say?

Mick

You can send me your copies. I'll take good care of them. ;)

• Like 1

Mick

Ouch.

Truthfully, you say?

Mick

Then send it far away.

Mick.

http://www.tunes4thetroops.20m.com/

• Like 1

Mick

Ouch.

Truthfully, you say?

i'm with you blue j. i love all three of those albums.

• Like 2

I will not get involved.

I will not get involved.

I will not get involved.

I will not get involved.

I will not get involved.

if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

I will not get involved.

Did you click your heels together?

Mick

Ouch.

Truthfully, you say?

i'm with you blue j. i love all three of those albums.

I love Clockwork Angels, and I like the other two, about equal to one another.

I'm not getting rid of any of them!

• Like 1

:Neil:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :ebert: :clap:

:ebert: :clap: :clap: :ebert:

:clap: :clap: :ebert:

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

If Neil wants to retire, he should just open his mouth and say it. Don't drag the fans along, don't drag Geddy and Alex along, just either confirm or deny you're done with Rush. I'd have a LOT more respect for him if he would just be honest with himself and say it.

I fail to see what respect has to do with anything? He said....he doesn't know....that is the answer.....none of them know. That's .....it.

I see a failure of some fans to accept a perfectly reasonable answer at this juncture....its got nothing to do with earning anyones respect....if you dont know what you are going to do..really don't know......you say so.

He did.

Edited by JBsDWdrums
  • Like 5

But what if he doesn't know if he wants to retire for sure? We don't know what the interaction is between him, Alex, and Geddy, so anything said about that will just be speculation.

• Like 2