370 replies to this topic

#21 WavesandWindows

WavesandWindows

The Seeker

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:54 AM

View Postjimmylerxst, on 23 July 2015 - 05:59 AM, said:

Not sure about the exclusive TS and SOL set list but man I admire your passion. Hope they extend the tour to a city near you!

I kid of course, none of us would enjoy that as much as we are this tour. Hope they extend it, but they aren't going to come to Australia anyway, so it wouldn't really matter much

Sponsored Post

#22 hcm

hcm

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:10 AM

"putting out a DVD would remove the incentive for some to see the show if they can just buy the DVD"  Are you serious!  No way can a DVD replace the experience of seeing them live if at all possible.

I don't know about the release of the live CD or DVD but I do think if a second leg is coming it would be spring of 2016...that is the way it has gone in the past.

#23 GeddysMullet

GeddysMullet

Non-Binary

• Members
  • 5293 posts
  • Interests:music, books, documentary films, parrots, long hair, big noses

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:16 AM

View PostGabrielgil513, on 23 July 2015 - 02:21 AM, said:

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 22 July 2015 - 09:51 PM, said:

They wouldn't add leg 2 after they put out the live album. They'd lose money if they did that.

Someone pointed out SnA did exactly that, tour, live album/DVD, tour leg 2. If they would add a second leg (pigs fly tour?) they'd hold off on the blue ray. As far as losing money,  R40 grossed $24 million on their first 22 shows, and that's with an average ticket price of $85. I've been looking up and down secondary (and ticketmaster sites), nothing online for anything close to $85 on the eastern part of the tour.

My point is, this tour is in the stratosphere monetarily for Rush, and the tickets, if the $85 average is correct, were way underpriced, according to the resale market, where lower bowls were minimum $300 on the resale market.

Actually, they did not release the Snakes And Arrows DVD before the tour was over.  They released the live audio recording after the first leg, but the DVD did not come out until after the second.

#24 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:25 AM

View PostDigital Dad, on 23 July 2015 - 01:12 AM, said:

I've already got a third leg, so...

I'm good.
:laughing guy: ....

#25 Rushman14

Rushman14

Mr. Hollywood

• Members *
  • 11062 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

View PostGeddysMullet, on 23 July 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

View PostGabrielgil513, on 23 July 2015 - 02:21 AM, said:

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 22 July 2015 - 09:51 PM, said:

They wouldn't add leg 2 after they put out the live album. They'd lose money if they did that.

Someone pointed out SnA did exactly that, tour, live album/DVD, tour leg 2. If they would add a second leg (pigs fly tour?) they'd hold off on the blue ray. As far as losing money,  R40 grossed $24 million on their first 22 shows, and that's with an average ticket price of $85. I've been looking up and down secondary (and ticketmaster sites), nothing online for anything close to $85 on the eastern part of the tour.

My point is, this tour is in the stratosphere monetarily for Rush, and the tickets, if the $85 average is correct, were way underpriced, according to the resale market, where lower bowls were minimum $300 on the resale market.

Actually, they did not release the Snakes And Arrows DVD before the tour was over.  They released the live audio recording after the first leg, but the DVD did not come out until after the second.

you are correct, because the DVD included tunes recorded on the 2nd leg.

#26 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:03 AM

View PostDisembodied Spirit, on 22 July 2015 - 11:28 PM, said:

The 2016 Tour will be a cross country jaunt of places they May have not played in many, many moons.
As that Broad who sings for Aerosmith sang...'Dream On.

R40-2016 Summer Tour West to West
San Diego
Albuquerque
San Antonio
Pensacola
Memphis
Louisville
Indianapolis
Pittsburgh (Fine, we get it, u think your special!) <<This will actually Be printed ON the Tour T Shirt
Cleveland (See Pittsburgh)
Dover (Have you been to Dover before)
Providence
Halifax
Quebec City
Ottawa
Winnipeg
Milwaukee( Because Summerfest is there and they have beer)
Fargo
Saskatoon or Regina TBD
Spokane (So Lorraine can go) <<This will actually Be printed ON the Tour T Shirt

I fixed it a little.  That will look nice on the tour t-shirt too.  :)

#27 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:05 AM

hahahaha

Got so excited I posted the same thing twice.

Edited by Lorraine, 23 July 2015 - 11:06 AM.

#28 Bard

Bard

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1164 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:41 PM

I take it all back.

Of course there's going to be a second leg.

And a European and South American leg.

And obviously they're going to circle around for Cleveland.

On a few select dates, Neil will be taking over guitar duties, Ged will don his DJ gear and spin house dubs from a Mac turntable while Alex plays bongos, forging a cutting edge New Millennium EDM-folk-Dixie fusion edition of Countdown.

Fear not, selfless fanboys. Your greatest hopes will soon be rewarded.

#29 Eja Cool8

Eja Cool8

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:15 PM

View Postgeezer, on 23 July 2015 - 12:45 AM, said:

So let's dream and add

Milan
Edinburgh
Frankfurt
Stuttgart
Rotterdam

But feel free to have a one week residency in London

I live in Edinburgh, and you can cross that right out. People have been talking about building a decent 10-12000 seater indoor arena here for decades and it's never happened, they've handed that gig to Glasgow, 50 miles to the west. They have a nice new 12.500 seat arena next to the old SSEC hall 4, where Rush have played many times. If Scotland is on Rush's radar for this tour-and I've got every digit on my body crossed that is, me and thousands of other Scots-the the Hydro Arena, as it's called, will be the place they'll play.

Please make it so...

Posted Image

#30 geezer

geezer

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1856 posts
  • Interests:unsuccessfully trying to live untroubled

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:22 AM

View PostEja Cool8, on 23 July 2015 - 11:15 PM, said:

So let's dream and add

Milan
Edinburgh
Frankfurt
Stuttgart
Rotterdam

I live in Edinburgh, and you can cross that right out. People have been talking about building a decent 10-12000 seater indoor arena here for decades and it's never happened, they've handed that gig to Glasgow, 50 miles to the west. They have a nice new 12.500 seat arena next to the old SSEC hall 4, where Rush have played many times. If Scotland is on Rush's radar for this tour-and I've got every digit on my body crossed that is, me and thousands of other Scots-the the Hydro Arena, as it's called, will be the place they'll play.

Please make it so...

Posted Image

I went to Glasgow SECC for my only TM tour date (if I remember correctly I chose that destination because it was on saturday and I had to get a flight to see at least one date anyway)
I know all the arena shows in Scotland are held on Clyde shores but I added Edinburgh in my list cos I remember an Edinburgh Playhouse bootleg during Signals tour.
Say 'Hi' to Auld Reekie for me; it's one of my favourite places. Slainte!

#31 Catch The Mystery

Catch The Mystery

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:51 AM

View PostBard, on 23 July 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

I take it all back.

Of course there's going to be a second leg.

And a European and South American leg.

And obviously they're going to circle around for Cleveland.

On a few select dates, Neil will be taking over guitar duties, Ged will don his DJ gear and spin house dubs from a Mac turntable while Alex plays bongos, forging a cutting edge New Millennium EDM-folk-Dixie fusion edition of Countdown.

Fear not, selfless fanboys. Your greatest hopes will soon be rewarded.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd love to see Ged as DJ :7up: I think he would be a great DJ. He can easily fit in with the rest of the superstar DJs. I can already see him with a cool pair of headphones wrapped around his neck doing his thing :lol: He can wear his current stage outfit(s) for those DJ gigs as well! :D

And as for Alex: your EDM prediction actually seems correct. He's told Eddie Trunk that he's (maybe) doing some work for an EDM artist... The fact that his son is into making EDM (trance) makes it almost believable  :lol: :lol: :lol:

#32 Eja Cool8

Eja Cool8

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:44 AM

View Postgeezer, on 24 July 2015 - 12:22 AM, said:

So let's dream and add

Milan
Edinburgh
Frankfurt
Stuttgart
Rotterdam

Please make it so...

Posted Image

I went to Glasgow SECC for my only TM tour date (if I remember correctly I chose that destination because it was on saturday and I had to get a flight to see at least one date anyway)
I know all the arena shows in Scotland are held on Clyde shores but I added Edinburgh in my list cos I remember an Edinburgh Playhouse bootleg during Signals tour.

Hi to you as well geezer!

But that Signals show wasn't from the Playhouse theatre (nice old Victorian theatre, about 3000 capacity, right in the city centre), but would have been one of two shows in May 1983, at the Royal Highland Exhibition Hall, at Ingliston, which is out to the west of the city, near the airport. Just a glorified shed really, even worse than hall 4 at the SSEC Glasgow-and that's saying something. :codger:

#33 FOH Lights

FOH Lights

The Seeker

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:49 AM

View Postlosingit2k, on 22 July 2015 - 09:45 PM, said:

This is such a great Tour. I think its the Tour most RUSH fans have been waiting for. I believe it deserves a second leg. I think it will happen but not in the usual way. I think they will take the rest of the Winter off. Release the live DVD/CD around the holidays then Announce the 2nd leg of the Tour in support of the live album. Then start touring again in April of 2016. I think RUSH fans everywhere deserve to see this tour. Anyway those are my thoughts on it. What do you guys think about it?

:rush: :rush: :rush:
:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:
The emperor Peart has declared:

Posted Image

#34 Eja Cool8

Eja Cool8

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:17 AM

He's "declared" nothing of the sort.

#35 Digital Dad

Digital Dad

The Dad Abides

• Members
  • 10260 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:02 AM

Nope. He has declared nothing at all.

#36 geezer

geezer

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1856 posts
  • Interests:unsuccessfully trying to live untroubled

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostEja Cool8, on 24 July 2015 - 06:44 AM, said:

View Postgeezer, on 24 July 2015 - 12:22 AM, said:

So let's dream and add

Milan
Edinburgh
Frankfurt
Stuttgart
Rotterdam

Please make it so...

Posted Image

Hi to you as well geezer!

But that Signals show wasn't from the Playhouse theatre (nice old Victorian theatre, about 3000 capacity, right in the city centre), but would have been one of two shows in May 1983, at the Royal Highland Exhibition Hall, at Ingliston, which is out to the west of the city, near the airport. Just a glorified shed really, even worse than hall 4 at the SSEC Glasgow-and that's saying something. :codger:

You're right about the venue! My memory starts failing but at the moment I can still use the excuse of the many bootlegs I have seen thru the years!
P.S.: I was at the Playhouse in 1987 for three Marillion shows.

Edited by geezer, 24 July 2015 - 12:06 PM.

#37 Bard

Bard

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1164 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostDigital Dad, on 24 July 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Nope. He has declared nothing at all.

Waiting for a declaration from Sir Peart would be unwise. :)

#38 Merely Space

Merely Space

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3951 posts
  • Interests:Acting, music, gaming, model making, military history.

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:56 PM

The logic of the OP is sound, but I just don't see it happening.  Would love to be wrong.

#39 Bard

Bard

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1164 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:08 PM

No second leg for R40.

Perhaps a one-off in Toronto, LA or NY in a couple years.

#40 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:39 PM

As silly as this will sound to some, I will ask it anyway.

Any chance Neil is actually having a good time this tour and will reconsider his earlier decision?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users