R40 Leg 2

losingit2k

I don't know if any of you have thought of this, but.................

Let's say they take two years off. Sometime in early 2018 they decide to do a few shows. That will bring them up to 65/66 years of age. All those years off, Neil has, on rare occasion, taken to banging around on his drums but hasn't kept up on any routine to keep himself in shape and up to speed.

If I recall correctly, it took him one year of hours of daily practice to get him back up to what he had been in the nineties before they did VT.

They just can't pick up in three years where they left off. Especially not at their age.

If they do any additional shows at all, I can see them doing them in either California close to where Neil lives, or maybe Toronto, their hometown, of course. Beyond that, I really wouldn't speculate too much.

Thats why I think they will tour next year. They just itch to play. I hate all the naysaying around here. Neil is done etc. bullhockey.

No one knows. No one here knows f**k all. I dont care what anyone thinks they know. Rush will tour again. Just not on the scale they've been doing. They said that. They probabaly wont just do "a few shows". It takes 6 months to mount a tour playing the kind of shows they do. They wont do 5 shows after all the prep. They wont make up the $$$.

Neil is done after Saturday.

Believe it.

He's earned it. It's all good.

Does that include no more albums? Because if so, I'll make you a little side bet :)

There will be no albums. They will not be writing love letters to fans solely for the purpose of expression. Dropping albums requires touring behind them.

And they are DONE touring.

Bank on it. :)

Believe it.

Does that include no more albums? Because if so, I'll make you a little side bet :)

There will be no albums. They will not be writing love letters to fans solely for the purpose of exp<b></b>ression. Dropping albums requires touring behind them.

I hope you enjoy the taste of crow.

I don't know if any of you have thought of this, but.................

Let's say they take two years off. Sometime in early 2018 they decide to do a few shows. That will bring them up to 65/66 years of age. All those years off, Neil has, on rare occasion, taken to banging around on his drums but hasn't kept up on any routine to keep himself in shape and up to speed.

If I recall correctly, it took him one year of hours of daily practice to get him back up to what he had been in the nineties before they did VT.

They just can't pick up in three years where they left off. Especially not at their age.

You already know the logic in your theory is sound. :)

Tendonitis and arthritis do not get miraculously cured. They can be managed. They will only get worse with repeated stick banging or high energy finger tapping.

They're not going to pick up in two to three years.

This is the end of Rush's tenure. And a solid, well rounded, miraculous tenure it was. Far more than most bands.

I don't understand the fans who continually lament retirement. It's really self gratuitous, given what we've already gotten. Strange.

Thats why I think they will tour next year. They just itch to play. I hate all the naysaying around here. Neil is done etc. bullhockey.

No one knows. No one here knows f**k all. I dont care what anyone thinks they know. Rush will tour again. Just not on the scale they've been doing. They said that. They probabaly wont just do "a few shows". It takes 6 months to mount a tour playing the kind of shows they do. They wont do 5 shows after all the prep. They wont make up the $$$.

No, they won't.

But it's your prerogative to believe otherwise.

Ask yourself. What happens if they don't?

Nothing, that's what.

You'll keep living your life.

And so will they.

Believe it.

There will be no albums. They will not be writing love letters to fans solely for the purpose of expression. Dropping albums requires touring behind them.

There's a fine line between hope and denial. :)

Ride 'em, cowboy. :D

Believe it.

There will be no albums. They will not be writing love letters to fans solely for the purpose of exp<b></b>ression. Dropping albums requires touring behind them.

There's a fine line between hope and denial. :)

Ride 'em, cowboy. :D

Yee Haw!!

No, they won't.

Nothing, that's what.

And so will they.

I knew u would jump all over that. Like a bee to a honeycomb or another similie I won't make here.

No, they won't.

Nothing, that's what.

And so will they.

What happens if they don't? Then they don't. My life continues unabated.

Just dont say its a sure thing if no one else hasn't.

Edited by Digital Dad

No, they won't.

Nothing, that's what.

And so will they.

He's just being a troll. Alex himself said most likely there is another album or two.

No, they won't.

Nothing, that's what.

And so will they.

I knew u would jump all over that. Like a bee to a honeycomb or another similie I won't make here.

You mean metaphor. :)

Proclamations are great and all, but hopes and predictions are not backed up by evidence. The reasons why retirement is at hand are.

No, they won't.

Nothing, that's what.

And so will they.

Again...they're not going to say it outright. They're allowing for possible future appearances, that's all.

If you can't interpret what's been said to date, that's on you.

You're one of the many folks hereabouts who won't believe it until they take out a full page ad in the New York Times with the headline We Are Done. :)

No, they won't.

Nothing, that's what.

And so will they.

He's just being a troll. Alex himself said most likely there is another album or two.

To what purpose would I have in asserting what the evidence presented this year has indicated?

Only realities.

You guys want to play the idealism card, that's your right.

But you don't get to cry about it later if you do.

Remember. :)

No, they won't.

Nothing, that's what.

And so will they.

To what purpose would I have in asserting what the evidence presented this year has indicated?

Only realities.

None of us know what's going to happen, including you. I'm just basing my opinion on recent interviews with Alex. This coming Saturday at the forum will mark my 60th Rush show. If it is indeed the end, I am fulfilled.

I always wondered if they would do a show that was mainly instrumental to save Geddy's voice. After reading the RS article I doubt it though, didn't Alex or someone say that the instrumental heavy songs were tougher?

Alex has said that, but I keep feeling like it's just a way of denying the "Last Tour" moniker that R40 has become. To even record new material is going to mean Alex and Neil have to stay in reasonably good shape; regularly practice, and not have their infirmities get in the way.

I know Geddy has this expensive new studio, and I have every expectation that we will be hearing solo stuff from him, but I have real doubts that Alex or Neil will play any significant part in it.

I'd view any new Rush material or performances as icing on the cake, but I honestly think when they leave the stage on Saturday, that's the last of Rush as a performing or even recording band we're likely to see.

• Like 1

As much as I would love that they continue to tour...I would rather as a long time Rush fan see them retire on top and happy to have been playing...nobody wants to watch them get old and crotchety on stage....well at least not more than Neil already has. :eyeroll:
  • Like 2

No, they won't.

Nothing, that's what.

And so will they.

Only realities.

None of us know what's going to happen, including you. I'm just basing my opinion on recent interviews with Alex. This coming Saturday at the forum will mark my 60th Rush show. If it is indeed the end, I am fulfilled.

I do know. And FOH knows. And some select few know.

The band knows, too.

I'll be at the Forum show myself.

The Last Rush Show.

History.

Every Rush fan deserves to see this incredible show, but just don't see a 2nd leg happening. LA will be it.

Prediction is theyll release a new album in a couple years, and then, for the satisfaction of playing said album live, will have a handful of shows at smaller venues (ie. radio city, massey, etc), no residencies. There wont be an album tour, or any trips down memory lane - thats what R40 has been.

That's what I'm thinking.