R40 Leg 2

losingit2k

It's upsetting to me to see how many people would actually be okay with replacing Neil...

Do you have a favorite sports team? If so, NONE of the players on that team were present when your grandfather was cheering for the same team. You still love the team just as much. I don't see why bands can't continue the same way.

Menudo was a good example of this.

I think KISS intends to do the same thing...read something Gene said over the summer... they intend to continue to licence the charachters after Gene and Paul retire. So the band can live on. Because KISS is bigger than any of them. Or something to that effect.

Gene is the king of rock & roll marketing, and will squeeze every nickel he can out the Kiss brand. His/their main motivation has always been the all mighty dollar - crappy music, & over the top theatrics, by semi-talented "artists/musicians". As opposed to Rush, whose main motivation was just making great music. Incredibly complicated compositions played by highly accomplished, talented, and true musicians. There is a difference.

Oh, I agree. A purely creative band is a mich different thing.

Was simply pointing out that some entites have or are planning to stay on the shelf past their expected lifespan.

Oh please. Anyone can start a rumor.

This is from a man that works in music, and that doesn't speak if it's not necessary.

It's certainly a rumour, but of the best kind ;)

Like I said. Anyone can start a rumor.

Oh please. Anyone can start a rumor.

This is from a man that works in music, and that doesn't speak if it's not necessary.

It's certainly a rumour, but of the best kind ;)

Like I said. Anyone can start a rumor.

Of course. Rumours create religions.

• Like 2

It's upsetting to me to see how many people would actually be okay with replacing Neil...

Do you have a favorite sports team? If so, NONE of the players on that team were present when your grandfather was cheering for the same team. You still love the team just as much. I don't see why bands can't continue the same way.

See Yes.

Okay, so then picture this. You play in a band until you're in your sixties. You put literal years of work into all the material your band puts out, slaving over albums and tours for decades on end. You decided after forty some-odd years that you're done, hooray. Then some prick joins your other buddies and replaces you in the band, which uses the same name it did when you were there. Essentially, the aforementioned prick is taking credit for all the work that you did. What did he do for the band until this point? Nada. It's someone writing his name on your project when you did all the work. Sports teams are different—you don't see Van Halen trading Eddie to U2 for The Edge, do you? Music doesn't work that way. They're two totally different things. :)

Edited by Disk98

And I was all ready to start a rumor that they agreed to play five nights in a row in the Pacific Northwest early next year.

:sigh:

Oh well. Next time.

Onto R50!

Yep, Neil will be well-rested by then. :LOL:

• Like 1

What happened that posts got deleted?

I am not sure, as I don't recall how long this thread once was. I would have thought the "Is Neil a selfish prick?" thread would be a better target for that myself, but.... :huh:

What happened that posts got deleted?

I am not sure, as I don't recall how long this thread once was. I would have thought the "Is Neil a selfish prick?" thread would be a better target for that myself, but.... :huh:

or the drunk girls thread. :facepalm: But, what do we know? :huh:

• Like 2