R40 Leg 2

losingit2k

I think that we probably spend more time discussing the future than any member of the band ever has...

I would agree with that why.....because we want what they don't want. We are just a bunch of selfish ?@${€¥£$

They should do some standing shows in LA. Ged and Al can fly in their families, Neil could be with his fam. Every day or two, Neil could bike over to the venue, soundcheck, play the show with Ged and Al, and go back home. Maybe every other day for two or so weeks. Maybe playing setlists from tours Vapor Trails up. Or maybe some select albums (Maybe MP, PeW, CA, S&A, PoW or something?). I'm sure fans would fly in from all over the country to see them.

Another album would be fantastic, especially considering that they could do it in LA or Toronto, even in their own homes.

.....Or possibly do the same thing from Las Vegas Britney Spears.I'd fly there to see shows over let's say a two month set of shows. Not much travel, touring costs would be low and Neil wouldn't be too far from home. I don't know just hoping for more shows with less wear and tear on the band.

I don't think Rush would be into a residency in Vegas. It just doesn't seem to be "them". But, money talks!

Their fans would flock to Sin City if they indeed did something like this. And the $$$ would be huge.

That would actually be a dream. LOL.

As far as a second leg. Fingers are crossed. Another 20 dates next year would be platinum. But like many have said. It is all up to Neil.

I think that we probably spend more time discussing the future than any member of the band ever has...

Unfortunately, you are probably right.

The thought of countless "Do you think Rush will ever tour again?" threads is more than I can bear.

Unfortunately, you are probably right.

The thought of countless "Do you think Rush will ever tour again?" threads is more than I can bear.

I kind of agree. How many do we need? Nobody knows the answer to that except them and I don't even think they know for sure. It does no good to speculate.

• Like 1

I can't believe that anyome would seriously suggest that Rush playing a Vegas residency was even remotely possible. Sorry, it's just too bizarre. :blink:

Lot of negativity on this thread, sadly, regarding a second leg. Thing is though; Alex already said that this was their last "proper" tour but they may do shows later. What did he mean by that exactly? We'll just have to wait and see. Speculation is probably pointless at this time.

Hope, however, springs eternal... :madra:

• Like 1

This is such a great Tour. I think its the Tour most RUSH fans have been waiting for. I believe it deserves a second leg. I think it will happen but not in the usual way. I think they will take the rest of the Winter off. Release the live DVD/CD around the holidays then Announce the 2nd leg of the Tour in support of the live album. Then start touring again in April of 2016. I think RUSH fans everywhere deserve to see this tour. Anyway those are my thoughts on it. What do you guys think about it?

:rush: :rush: :rush:

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

IDK. I don't think there will be one, they just seem... done; however, I find it odd they didn't end the tour in Toronto. I would think they would have a huge grand finale in their hometown.

Absolutlely!

They should do some standing shows in LA. Ged and Al can fly in their families, Neil could be with his fam. Every day or two, Neil could bike over to the venue, soundcheck, play the show with Ged and Al, and go back home. Maybe every other day for two or so weeks. Maybe playing setlists from tours Vapor Trails up. Or maybe some select albums (Maybe MP, PeW, CA, S&A, PoW or something?). I'm sure fans would fly in from all over the country to see them.

Another album would be fantastic, especially considering that they could do it in LA or Toronto, even in their own homes.

.....Or possibly do the same thing from Las Vegas Britney Spears.I'd fly there to see shows over let's say a two month set of shows. Not much travel, touring costs would be low and Neil wouldn't be too far from home. I don't know just hoping for more shows with less wear and tear on the band.

I don't think Rush would be into a residency in Vegas. It just doesn't seem to be "them". But, money talks!

Their fans would flock to Sin City if they indeed did something like this. And the $$$ would be huge.

That would actually be a dream. LOL.

As far as a second leg. Fingers are crossed. Another 20 dates next year would be platinum. But like many have said. It is all up to Neil.

Alex has explicitly said that they would never do a residency in Vegas. However, a week in New York, he said, might be possible.

They wouldn't add leg 2 after they put out the live album. They'd lose money if they did that.

Why would you say that? The Exit Stage Left Tour was one of their best Tours ever. Believe me they didn't lose any money there and they Wouldn't here. All of the UK, Europe and South America are just dying to see this Tour. This R40 Tour couldn't lose $$$ if it tried.

:codger:

In the ESL era, most bands hoped to break even on touring. It was a way to promote album sales, which is where most musicians made the lion's share of their earnings.

Today, that paradigm has shifted, with downloading cutting so heavily into their profits. Bands now make most of their money from touring and the associated merchandising.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the ESL tour was only marginally lucrative.

This is such a great Tour. I think its the Tour most RUSH fans have been waiting for. I believe it deserves a second leg. I think it will happen but not in the usual way. I think they will take the rest of the Winter off. Release the live DVD/CD around the holidays then Announce the 2nd leg of the Tour in support of the live album. Then start touring again in April of 2016. I think RUSH fans everywhere deserve to see this tour. Anyway those are my thoughts on it. What do you guys think about it?

IDK. I don't think there will be one, they just seem... done; however, I find it odd they didn't end the tour in Toronto. I would think they would have a huge grand finale in their hometown.

Absolutlely!

Well LA is now Neil's hometown.

Edited by Rushman14
  • Like 2

Absolutlely!

Well LA is now Neil hometown.

...and they could bring in more bucks in LA.

I would think they would have a huge grand finale in their hometown.

But they had Grand Finale in every town...

:laughing yellow guy:

Come on guys! I've been typing that they will end their career in Toronto for YEARS!

All good. Whatever happens happens Roll The Fukking Bones.

The only 2 Legs I will be seeing now are the two plastic ones wrapped around my sad Rushhead.

Couldn't you try Heather Mills at least?

• Like 1

Putting a candle in the window of sorts in hope of Leg 2!! (Now Rush related since it was in The Camera Eye vid on the Time Machine Tour!) :)http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/a_christmas_story_leg_lamp.jpg Edited by Supersyl
  • Like 2

A few years of domestic life of giving Olivia rides to school, chores around the house and he'll be on the phone with Geddy.

Yeah, we can always hope the wife and kid nag him enough that the road starts to look good again. :P
  • Like 1

I hope they end it here. Enjoy their quality time with they're still physically about to do so.

Fans are well meaning but can be greedy selfish bitches.

• Like 1

I hope they end it here. Enjoy their quality time with they're still physically about to do so.

And seem to forget these men aren't in their thirties anymore when they could just pick up where they had left off a few years before without any real effort.

And seem to forget these men aren't in their thirties anymore when they could just pick up where they had left off a few years before without any real effort.

Yeah I don't get that either. People who want them to keep going act like they're still young. These guys deserve some family time and to learn to be normal human beings again.