R40 Leg 2

losingit2k

No, I think they accomplished their goals with one leg. (See image!). No more legs!

http://i.imgur.com/9w7avub.jpg

Hah, someone got a picture of Geddy's basement. That's the $60 million they got from their publishing deal last year. It's right next to his wine celler that contains over 12,000 bottles of wine! Yep, life just keeps getting better for them.

R40 Second Leg Setlist

Set 1

Set 2

Encore

That's my prediction

I know People in Europe, South America, and some parts of North America are hopeful that Rush go out for a second leg, but its just not realistic. Id day there is a 5% chance they would do it but that's being very generous. Alex has even said in an interview after the last show that him and Geddy would be getting together in the fall to start jamming on a new album.

R40 Second Leg Setlist

Set 1

Set 2

Encore

That's my prediction

I know People in Europe, South America, and some parts of North America are hopeful that Rush go out for a second leg, but its just not realistic. Id day there is a 5% chance they would do it but that's being very generous. Alex has even said in an interview after the last show that him and Geddy would be getting together in the fall to start jamming on a new album.

I would say there is a 5% chance they get together in the Fall.

I spoke more in-depth with one of my Rush friends who stayed at the hotel where most of the stage crew was staying near LAX. He was still up having a nightcap at around two or three in the morning when the crew started arriving after breaking down the stage.

He talked to several of the crew, including production manager Craig Blazier, and asked if there was any chance of more shows being added to the tour. Blazier said certainly not for this tour, and highly unlikely for any in the future. He said that, at this point, Neil is just tired of touring altogether, citing his advancing age and the much published desire to spend time with his family.

I hold out hope for the future, but if this was the end of the touring road for them, I'll consider myself lucky that I was able to hitch my wagon to a band for 35 years.

• Like 1

It's probably been noted before but it occurs to me that Neil's (public) lack of interest in touring happened right after the band sold their publishing catalog last year. If memory serves, he wrote in Ghost Rider how his accountant warned him about getting low on assets.

So he probably has been touring since 2002 strictly for the income, as we all know album sales don't really add to the bottom line any more. The motorcycle rides between cities was probably the only thing he enjoyed about touring.

I have to admit I have been a little down on him lately but when I think about what he went through, and his motivations for making music & touring since that time, I feel bad about thinking negatively towards him. And if I can retire comfortably at 62 you can bet I will take that opportunity.

• Like 2

40-plus years is an almost unimaginable run for any band. I don't think I could name 3 other bands that remained together with the exact same line-up for nearly that long and kept playing and writing for most of that time--they only took one break for 4 years while Neil was in mourning. Most other bands anywhere close to 40 years old lost and/or replaced a member or two, whether temporarily or permanently. In fact I'm not sure I can even name one other band that stayed unchanged for that long.

I spoke more in-depth with one of my Rush friends who stayed at the hotel where most of the stage crew was staying near LAX. He was still up having a nightcap at around two or three in the morning when the crew started arriving after breaking down the stage.

He talked to several of the crew, including production manager Craig Blazier, and asked if there was any chance of more shows being added to the tour. Blazier said certainly not for this tour, and highly unlikely for any in the future. He said that, at this point, Neil is just tired of touring altogether, citing his advancing age and the much published desire to spend time with his family.

I hold out hope for the future, but if this was the end of the touring road for them, I'll consider myself lucky that I was able to hitch my wagon to a band for 35 years.

Apparently Neil told Jack Black at the end-of-tour after party that he was done. Rush, I think, no matter what Geddy and Alex may suggest, is finished. I don't think there's going to be any more shows of any kind, no new music, no activity beyond maybe future re-releases. Heck, maybe they've been socking away an extra song or two per record so maybe there might be "new" recordings to be released (but I doubt it, everything I've heard suggests they're very efficient at what gets written ending up on albums).

This is it folks. Maybe Neil will outright admit it, maybe he'll hold back from telling the fans what he seems to have told whatever passes for his inner circle these days, out of respect for Alex and Geddy,

I think Geddy's still got the fire, and I think maybe Alex does too. There might not be any more Rush, but I'll wager we'll see something from the two of them. But Rush is finished.

• Like 1

Apparently Neil told Jack Black at the end-of-tour after party that he was done. Rush, I think, no matter what Geddy and Alex may suggest, is finished. I don't think there's going to be any more shows of any kind, no new music, no activity beyond maybe future re-releases. Heck, maybe they've been socking away an extra song or two per record so maybe there might be "new" recordings to be released (but I doubt it, everything I've heard suggests they're very efficient at what gets written ending up on albums).

This is it folks. Maybe Neil will outright admit it, maybe he'll hold back from telling the fans what he seems to have told whatever passes for his inner circle these days, out of respect for Alex and Geddy,

I think Geddy's still got the fire, and I think maybe Alex does too. There might not be any more Rush, but I'll wager we'll see something from the two of them. But Rush is finished.

I agree with what you have written. In one of the Rush books I have, Geddy said they have some stuff in their "vault." Maybe they will release that one day. And I think the only way Neil will come back is if he needs money. I don't know, but I get the impression he has spent what he has made more recklessly than Alex and Geddy, both of whom have their money invested and are set for life.

I agree with what you have written. In one of the Rush books I have, Geddy said they have some stuff in their "vault." Maybe they will release that one day. And I think the only way Neil will come back is if he needs money. I don't know, but I get the impression he has spent what he has made more recklessly than Alex and Geddy, both of whom have their money invested and are set for life.

Maybe the Molson show was what they had in the vault?

Edited by EagleMoon

Speaking of R40, I noticed something in the video bootlegs I have more than in past tours - does Neil have respiratory problems that we know of?

He smokes.

Speaking of R40, I noticed something in the video bootlegs I have more than in past tours - does Neil have respiratory problems that we know of?

He smokes.

Yes, I know he smokes, but did you notice how he kept hunching over to catch his breath between songs, or during a brief pause in the song? I never noticed him doing that before.

He smokes.

Yes, I know he smokes, but did you notice how he kept hunching over to catch his breath between songs, or during a brief pause in the song? I never noticed him doing that before.

Well he did play some pretty technical energetic stuff that he hadn't played in a lot of years, but yeah I did notice a couple of times.

Lorraine, wow, great observation. I noticed something I've never seen in all my years of seeing them live at the show in Boston. Neil was breathing hard thru his mouth,(like a fish out of water), during and after most songs.Check the DVD's, he's never done that. I kind of felt sad, the age thing catching up with him. No one can win that battle.

The 2016 Tour will be a cross country jaunt of places they May have not played in many, many moons.

As that Broad who sings for Aerosmith sang...'Dream On.

R40-2016 Summer Tour West to West

San Diego

Albuquerque

San Antonio

Pensacola

Memphis

Louisville

Indianapolis

Pittsburgh (Fine, we get it, u think your special!) <<This will actually Be printed ON the Tour T Shirt

Cleveland (See Pittsburgh)

Dover (Have you been to Dover before)

Providence

Halifax

Quebec City

Ottawa

Winnipeg

Milwaukee( Because Summerfest is there and they have beer)

Fargo

Saskatoon or Regina TBD

Boise (So Lorraine can go) <<This will actually Be printed ON the Tour T Shirt

Pensacola would be awesome. What great reason to go on a vacation since I have a place to stay. Mabe I can talk my mom into going to a show. (She Just doesnt get it she thinks its junk)

I love this band as much as I possibly can. They've changed my life in so many ways. They've given me more than I could ever ask for and as I see it, I owe them much more than they owe me. If Neil has had enough, and he/they choose to pack in, though I'll miss what they've given me, I'll remind myself how lucky I am to have something so special to miss.
  • Like 1

This is such a great Tour. I think its the Tour most RUSH fans have been waiting for. I believe it deserves a second leg. I think it will happen but not in the usual way. I think they will take the rest of the Winter off. Release the live DVD/CD around the holidays then Announce the 2nd leg of the Tour in support of the live album. Then start touring again in April of 2016. I think RUSH fans everywhere deserve to see this tour. Anyway those are my thoughts on it. What do you guys think about it?

:rush: :rush: :rush:

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

Step One Accomplished Dvd/Cd on November 20th. I expect the announcement for the R40 Live Tour Second leg around January 2016 Or after Christmas 2015.