Most Boring Concert

toymaker

Here's one. Saw him in Dallas. Kitaro. His concerts will flat lull you into sleep.

I love his music. If you've never listened to Marty Friedman's "Scenes" make every effort to get it. He produced side two, and played on it. His music is like valium:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNn4hGPcDQQ

Wow, really? How can somebody responsible for songs like Tornado of Souls be boring?

That sucks!

I meant the artist Kitaro who performs on Scenes

Hard to believe but for me, it was Pink Floyd on the Wall tour.

It just didn't seem to work live, especially building that bloody wall. Plus, there was no encore

featuring other material, which really was a downer.

Must admit, I'm not a huge Floyd fan, so that probably didn't help.

• Like 1

I have a couple of contenders for the title of "Most Boring Concert". They include:

Tesla - Good opening act. Then saw them as a headliner at SPAC in 1993. The opening act, Friehouse, was GREAT - one of the best acts I have ever seen. Tesla then sucked big time. Flat. No energy. Walked out on them. It was either that or fall asleep.

Arowsmith - Saw them in 1988 with Guns and Roses opening up. G & R was not good. Not at all. But the guys from Boston sucked big time. Again, flat, no energy. Saw them in the early 2000's with KISS and it was the same thing. KISS was dissapointing - not special. Again the Boston band sucked. I had seen KISS back in 1989 / 1990 with Winger & Slaughter and that was a great show. Slaughter and Winger were both very strong and KISS rocked.

Motley Crue. Saw them a few years back with Poison. Poison was great (no shock there - every time I have seen them they have rocked big time) but Motley Crue stunk. SPAC emptied out big time fast that night.

I have a couple of contenders for the title of "Most Boring Concert". They include:

Tesla - Good opening act. Then saw them as a headliner at SPAC in 1993. The opening act, Friehouse, was GREAT - one of the best acts I have ever seen. Tesla then sucked big time. Flat. No energy. Walked out on them. It was either that or fall asleep.

Arowsmith - Saw them in 1988 with Guns and Roses opening up. G & R was not good. Not at all. But the guys from Boston sucked big time. Again, flat, no energy. Saw them in the early 2000's with KISS and it was the same thing. KISS was dissapointing - not special. Again the Boston band sucked. I had seen KISS back in 1989 / 1990 with Winger & Slaughter and that was a great show. Slaughter and Winger were both very strong and KISS rocked.

Motley Crue. Saw them a few years back with Poison. Poison was great (no shock there - every time I have seen them they have rocked big time) but Motley Crue stunk. SPAC emptied out big time fast that night.

Poison is a massively underrated live act. Great party band. People are snobby about them though.

What no? Just boring no spoiler, no details.

reported!

It might not even be boring. I have questionable taste.

John mellencamp. Company had a seminar in Vegas and he was our entertainment as he was in town prepping for upcoming tour. All his songs were arranged in a much slower tempo and it just wasn't working. Stayed for about 5 songs and then rolled. He also had zero enthusiasm,

reported!

Seriously? It's a matter of opinion. He didn't say "they played ____, therefore it is boring". I thought it was exciting. There, now you're no longer spoiled.

Edited by Union 5-3992

reported!

Seriously? It's a matter of opinion. He didn't say "they played ____, therefore it is boring". I thought it was exciting. There, now you're no longer spoiled.

reported again!

• Like 1

I saw the GNR/Aerosmith tour too. I thought they both rocked. If you're saying that Winger, Slaughter and Poison were examples of great shows you've seen, that might be the problem right there. ;)

• Like 2

I saw the GNR/Aerosmith tour too. I thought they both rocked. If you're saying that Winger, Slaughter and Poison were examples of great shows you've seen, that might be the problem right there. ;)

The GNR/Aerosmith show was not good. Not at all. GNR was disappointing. Aerosmith was just flat, bad. No energy. I might have been jaded in a way because the night b4 I had seen Judas Priest with Cinderella opening. Cinderella was great and then Priest came out and just blew them off the stage. To this day it remains perhaps the best show I have ever seen. So I might have been jaded but I could just feel that the entire place was on the edge of its seat with GNR & Aerosmith, just waiting to explode and you could slowly feel the air leaking out. It was a huge crowd at SPAC and you could just feel the pace going flat. Real bad experience.

As for Poison, every time I have seen them they have delivered a very good show. Once with Quiet Riot, twice with Def Leppard and the one time with Crue. They just play well live. Get a beer or 3, hang out on the lawn (I have always seen them outdoors at SPAC) and enjoy.

As for Winger & Slaughter, I had not expected much from them and was very pleasantly surprised. They were much better than what I had anticipated. KISS was very good. Strange show. It was at the now Times Union Center in Albany NY and was very few people attended it because the same night David Bowie played SPAC and 30K+ went to SPAC. My feel was that the groups were not happy at the very small attendance in Albany and they took it out, in a good way, on those who went to their show. In fact KISS basically said something along those lines to the crowd.

I stand by what I said - the entire show, including Winger, Slaughter & KISS was great. Never got to see Winger or Slaughter live again so perhaps I just got lucky.

That being said, the Cinderella & Priest show - wow. By far the better show. That was some show. I was not a Priest fan and went to the show more for Cinderella but the show made me a Priest fan.

You guys don't know boring until you've seen a ton of industrial/electronic bands. Many of these bands are just one or two guys onstage with laptops or samplers (they are described as "laptop bands") and often have NO stage presence. Think about it--two guys standing there, looking at their laptops, not looking at the audience, no jumping or dancing around, and they are not even actually playing their own music! BORING.

This! I love front 242 and VnV Nation, but god do they suck live

• Like 1

Wang Chung! Saw them open for the Cars years back...the first song they played was great, then the next 40 minutes was a wtf/sleep fest! They ended with Dance Hall Days and thankfully left!

The GNR/Aerosmith show was not good. Not at all. GNR was disappointing. Aerosmith was just flat, bad. No energy. I might have been jaded in a way because the night b4 I had seen Judas Priest with Cinderella opening. Cinderella was great and then Priest came out and just blew them off the stage. To this day it remains perhaps the best show I have ever seen. So I might have been jaded but I could just feel that the entire place was on the edge of its seat with GNR & Aerosmith, just waiting to explode and you could slowly feel the air leaking out. It was a huge crowd at SPAC and you could just feel the pace going flat. Real bad experience.

As for Poison, every time I have seen them they have delivered a very good show. Once with Quiet Riot, twice with Def Leppard and the one time with Crue. They just play well live. Get a beer or 3, hang out on the lawn (I have always seen them outdoors at SPAC) and enjoy.

As for Winger & Slaughter, I had not expected much from them and was very pleasantly surprised. They were much better than what I had anticipated. KISS was very good. Strange show. It was at the now Times Union Center in Albany NY and was very few people attended it because the same night David Bowie played SPAC and 30K+ went to SPAC. My feel was that the groups were not happy at the very small attendance in Albany and they took it out, in a good way, on those who went to their show. In fact KISS basically said something along those lines to the crowd.

I stand by what I said - the entire show, including Winger, Slaughter & KISS was great. Never got to see Winger or Slaughter live again so perhaps I just got lucky.

That being said, the Cinderella & Priest show - wow. By far the better show. That was some show. I was not a Priest fan and went to the show more for Cinderella but the show made me a Priest fan.

I saw Priest when they were backed by Maiden. They were unbelievable live.

• Like 2

I saw Priest when they were backed by Maiden. They were unbelievable live.

Yes, every DVD & live CD I have of Priest is just fantastic. I would have loved to have seen the show you saw. I only got to see Priest one other time and it was on the Painkiller tour (the time with Cinderella was on the Ram it Down tour). On the Painkiller tour they had Megadeth opening and the show was very good but not great. I am not a fan of Megadeth (not at all) so perhaps the overall show suffered from a less than thrilling (to my ear) opening act. Plus perhaps after the fantastic Cinderella show I just had unreasonably high hopes.

Maiden I only got to see once and it was in Rochester NY on the Somewhere in Time / Stranger in a Strange Land tour in 1987. They had Waysted opening and Waysted was ok. Not great but not bad. Maiden was good but not great. The thing that stands out for me was that it was a loud show.

Would love to see Priest or Maiden again. I guy I work with got to see Priest on the most recent tour and he said it was a really good show.

Really envious that you got to see them together.

• Like 1

You guys don't know boring until you've seen a ton of industrial/electronic bands. Many of these bands are just one or two guys onstage with laptops or samplers (they are described as "laptop bands") and often have NO stage presence. Think about it--two guys standing there, looking at their laptops, not looking at the audience, no jumping or dancing around, and they are not even actually playing their own music! BORING.

This! I love front 242 and VnV Nation, but god do they suck live

That's why you do something like this if you can: