Entire album

I agree. hemispheres would be number 1 for me. Excellent beginning to end. But permanent waves is more realistic.
  • Like 2

Permanent Waves, although Hemispheres would allow me a beer and piss break.

There would be no line for either service.

• Like 8

Permanent Waves in it's entirety....would've could've been great.

If Rush would have announce this as the Tour highlight....

Then #1...the set list speculations would have been tempered.

And #2...there probably would have been more venue sell-outs.

• Like 1

I would pick Hold Your Fire, so many songs I want to hear from that album

Ahh, my good friend Mr. Patch...I would too, but alas, the chances are not good for it, I don't think.

• Like 2

It would have to be Permanent Waves. Not too long to still get through a bunch of songs from throughout their career, not to high for Ged to sing (most of the time), a great album in its own right and probably their second or third biggest after Moving Pictures and 2112, and I think about everyone would be pleased, which is great. I'd also love to hear A Farewell To Kings all the way, but that's kind of impossible, so just play Xanadu and we'll all be happy. ;)

It's not just about which are the best albums, but which have the most songs I haven't seen live. I've seen all of MP, 4 of 8 from Signals, 4/8 p/g, 6/8 PoW, even 5/10 from RTB... not a lot of new experiences available there. All of 2112 would be incredible, but Geddy would die sometime during "Presentation" :oops:

I guarantee you I'm the only one who'll say this, and it will NEVER happen:

Presto.

It's the album that introduced me to :rush: , but I didn't get to a concert until the VT tour. The only songs I've seen live are The Pass and Presto. Just getting ONE of the other 9 on R40 would make my night :dweez:

Counterparts would be second: Cut To The Chase, Cold Fire, Everyday Glory and Double Agent :7up:

Edited by Pause Rewind Replay

The only one that makes any sense is Permanent Waves. Set list below:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Driven ( With bass Solo)

Cut to the Chase

Roll The Bones

Limbo- Drum Solo #1

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 (O/T/F)

Set 2:

Permanent Waves (Entirety)

The Anarchist

Red Barchetta

Distant Early Warning

New World Man

YYZ -Drum Solo #2

Alex Solo- The Trees

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

R40 Instrumedley: Working Man/ Fly By Night/ The Necromancer/ Something for Nothing/ A Farewell to Kings/ La Villa Strangiatto

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 3

The only one that makes any sense is Permanent Waves. Set list below:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Driven ( With bass Solo)

Cut to the Chase

Roll The Bones

Limbo- Drum Solo #1

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 (O/T/F)

Set 2:

Permanent Waves (Entirety)

The Anarchist

Red Barchetta

Distant Early Warning

New World Man

YYZ -Drum Solo #2

Alex Solo- The Trees

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

R40 Instrumedley: Working Man/ Fly By Night/ The Necromancer/ Something for Nothing/ A Farewell to Kings/ La Villa Strangiatto

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Wayyyyyy too much Clockwork Angles in this set son.

4 songs?? Enough already!!!

:beathorse:

Saw enough of that trainwreck last tour.

Not Happening.

• Like 1

If the band were to play an album in its entirety I'd like to hear Permanent Waves from start to finish.

This is what I have always said.

Playing Perm Wave in it's entirety is not far fetched, they are already playing 1/3

with SPOR and Freewill.

Here's an idea

End Set 1 with Perm Waves- it's only 36 minutes long.

Never gonna happen but Caress of Steel... The Fountain and Necromancer in the same night! Would blow my mind. Second would be AFTK or 2112, now realistically speaking Permanent Waves.

Absolutely. We have almost nothing from this album on live releases already, so we're getting more "new" stuff than any other album could provide. That it's the band's best album just sweetens the deal. Of course, it would never happen, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

• Like 5

I know this will be even less popular than CoS, but I'd love to see Test for Echo live. We only have 3 songs on live CDs, the album is guitar heavy and imminently singable by now-Geddy, and the worst songs from the album do not nearly reach the depths of the worst songs off anything from GuP-CP, meaning that we don't have to suffer through as much.

Also, the album works well as a setlist. The first 3 songs are accessible, upbeat, and great. Then we slow it down a little to get the great The Color of Right, get darker/heavier with Time and Motion, and then get more accessible and upbeat with Totem. Dog Years would be fun live, and Virtuality was amazing live. Slow it down again for Resist, take a break with Limbo and end with another rocker. The last two songs don't work incredibly well as a setlist, but they work better than almost any other album.

As a trade off for getting so much T4E, would could say that we won't get any music at all from Counterparts, which should be cause of much rejoicing.

I would love to hear Permanant Waves in one night, just so I can finally here Alex finish that guitar solo on different strings.

I'd also perfer AFTK of Hemispheres or the whole Cygnus X1 suite