Soundalike Songs

AC/DC has two songs that sound almost identical to me. Can't remember their names, though...

Shut yours eyes, pick two random ACDC albums, and place a finger on each of the tracklists.

BINGO! You found the identi-tracks!

• Like 2

AC/DC has two songs that sound almost identical to me. Can't remember their names, though...

Shut yours eyes, pick two random ACDC albums, and place a finger on each of the tracklists.

:P

Friday Funnies!

Stratovarius' "Glory Of The World" was ripped off in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai with the song "Move Forward Fearlessly".

The Hippie Battle theme in the Mother series sounds just like Johnny B. Goode. "Battle Against A Weak Opponent" (also from Mother) sampled "Tequila" by the Champs. Edited by Super25Smasher

ELO - Sweet Talking Woman/Huey Lewis - Do You Believe In Love?

Springsteen - Radio Nowhere/Tommy Tutone - 8675309

Green Day - Waiting/Downtown

Sugar Ray - Every Morning/Beatles - I Should've Known Better

Neil Young - Bite The Bullet/Tom Petty - You Wreck Me

Pearl Jam - Given To Fly/LZ - Going To CA

Audioslave - Cochise/LZ - Whole Lotta Love

Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood/Killing Joke - Love Like Blood

• Like 1

http://s7.tinypic.com/96xlkw_th.jpg

• Like 1

Stratovarius' "Glory Of The World" was ripped off in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai with the song "Move Forward Fearlessly".

Wow! indeed it was.

But Strato have also been known to do some ripping off themselves

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 1

Wow! indeed it was.

Hunting High And Low was also ripped off in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai as the song "Challengers" The similarities is incredibly blatant!

• Like 1

Wow! indeed it was.

Hunting High And Low was also ripped off in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai as the song "Challengers" The similarities is incredibly blatant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8jao-NNNVY

That game still had a great soundtrack.

Holy shit - going back to this something funny happened today... My Dad and I were listening to the radio, Nights With Alice Cooper™, when an AC/DC song starts. Neither of us are AC/DC fans by any means, in fact my Dad hates them because of Anus Young's vocals, but I digress... We're familiar with their hits and some other songs but we do anything but listen to them willingly... So as the song starts my Dad goes, "Oh, he's back in black huh?"

"No, this is TNT!"

The chorus comes on and it turns out it's Highway to Hell :facepalm:

You can attribute that to our ignorance more so than similarity if you'd like, I'll call it both ;)

Edited by Mr. Not

Holy shit - going back to this something funny happened today... My Dad and I were listening to the radio, Nights With Alice Cooper™, when an AC/DC song starts. Neither of us are AC/DC fans by any means, in fact my Dad hates them because of Anus Young's vocals, but I digress... We're familiar with their hits and some other songs but we do anything but listen to them willingly... So as the song starts my Dad goes, "Oh, he's back in black huh?"

"No, this is TNT!"

You can attribute that to our ignorance more so than similarity if you'd like, I'll call it both ;)

I'm a pretty big AC/DC fan, and I can find something I like about all of their albums. Which song is the one that has Angus' vocals that your Dad dislikes?

"No, this is TNT!"

I'm a pretty big AC/DC fan, and I can find something I like about all of their albums. Which song is the one that has Angus' vocals that your Dad dislikes?

All of them I guess, he just dislikes his vocals for being too scratchy.

"No, this is TNT!"

All of them I guess, he just dislikes his vocals for being too scratchy.

Then you mean Bon Scott or Brian Johnson. Angus is the lead guitarist. I was scratching my head trying to figure out what song features his voice prominently.

The main theme from Phantom of the Opera bears a "striking" resemblance to the main theme of Pink Floyd's Echoes! (Which is probably why Roger Waters busts Andrew Lloyd Webers chops in It's a Miracle on Amused to Death....)
  • Like 1

Since it hasn't seemed to be mentioned yet, there's a website dedicated to this http://soundsjustlike.com

For whatever reason though, the website doesn't have a search function :huh: it has an index / genre sortings, but that's still a bitch to browse through if you're looking for something in particular :huh:

So go to google and search "[band name] site:soundsjustlike.com" if you're curious about a certain band.

I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, so I apologize if someone's already mentioned Triumvirat, AKA "The German ELP." At times they wore their influence very prominently on their sleeves, to put it kindly. If you can get past that the Spartacus album is a pretty entertaining experience.

Exhibit A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt-sfNULEzE&feature=youtu.be&t=29s

Edited by gudbuytjane
  • Like 1

Tesla's "Government Personnel" is a great song, but the acoustic riff sounds WAY too much like "With A Gun" by Steely Dan, which predates it by 17 years.

With A Gun:

Government Personnel:

For those who don't know (maybe it's even been mentioned in this thread already) there's an entire website dedicated to this: http://www.soundsjustlike.com/

I don't know how much these two sound alike exactly, but whenever I hear one I'm reminded of the other:

The Scorpions - No One Like You

Dio - Rainbow in the Dark

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 2