Jump to content


Better Call Saul


  • Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

#341 Presto-digitation

Presto-digitation

    Creative Writing 101

  • Members
  • 10719 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Music, movies, my family....my goofy Shih Tzu.

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:14 PM

New season preview looks fab!!  23 Feb....



Sponsored Post

#342 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 25537 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:19 PM

Now I can finally watch a season having seen all of Breaking Bad.

:lol:

#343 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

    Member titles are overrated!

  • Members *
  • 19464 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:00 PM

View PostMaverick, on 11 February 2020 - 06:19 PM, said:

Now I can finally watch a season having seen all of Breaking Bad.

:lol:
What did you think of Breaking Bad?

#344 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

    Member titles are overrated!

  • Members *
  • 19464 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:51 PM

Finally finished season 4.

Spoiler


#345 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 74447 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 16 February 2020 - 09:40 AM

View Postthesweetscience, on 15 February 2020 - 11:51 PM, said:

Finally finished season 4.

Spoiler
Mike's story is the most interesting, I think.  I agree that Season 4 wasn't very strong.

#346 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 13674 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 16 February 2020 - 03:56 PM

View Postgoose, on 16 February 2020 - 09:40 AM, said:

View Postthesweetscience, on 15 February 2020 - 11:51 PM, said:

Finally finished season 4.

Spoiler
Mike's story is the most interesting, I think.  I agree that Season 4 wasn't very strong.

I was pretty down on the first half of the season. But they really turned it up with the last three or four episodes and it got me very interested in what happens next.

#347 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 74447 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:02 AM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 16 February 2020 - 03:56 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 16 February 2020 - 09:40 AM, said:

View Postthesweetscience, on 15 February 2020 - 11:51 PM, said:

Finally finished season 4.

Spoiler
Mike's story is the most interesting, I think.  I agree that Season 4 wasn't very strong.

I was pretty down on the first half of the season. But they really turned it up with the last three or four episodes and it got me very interested in what happens next.
strong finish, ftw

#348 Presto-digitation

Presto-digitation

    Creative Writing 101

  • Members
  • 10719 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Music, movies, my family....my goofy Shih Tzu.

Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:10 PM

Reminder for those watching “live” that Saul begins anew tonight with a second new episode tomorrow night as well.  

Cheers.

#349 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Sphere

  • Members *
  • 9802 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:44 PM

View PostPresto-digitation, on 23 February 2020 - 06:10 PM, said:

Reminder for those watching “live” that Saul begins anew tonight with a second new episode tomorrow night as well.  

Cheers.

Thank you. I did not know that.

#350 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2368 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri USA
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:51 PM

We're off to a good start!

#351 KenJennings

KenJennings

    Mr. Establishment

  • Members *
  • 21999 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:13 AM

Ever since Chuck died, I feel like Better Call Saul has just become Breaking Bad without Walter White. I care far less about Gus' lab and the business of the Cartels than I do about seeing Jimmy hustle and scheme in court, and find out what's going to happen with he and Kim. Unfortunately, while that is still present, I feel like it's being pushed to the background of the story.

It's still a fantastic show, but I feel like it's lost some of its luster.

#352 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

    Superconductor

  • Members *
  • 1398 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northampton England
  • Interests:Guitars, TV and films, Nature, Art/art history, US politics, Football (soccer) and most sports, Non-fiction, Not going out, Cats (especially black and white tuxedo cats)

Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:36 AM

The Gene intro was great stuff. E2 seemed to lose the momentum a little, but I do enjoy Lalo and Hector`s shenanigans.  Good to see Jimmy doing some actual legal work and how Kim seems likely to reach a bad end by not cutting ties. Blindingly obvious observation - Gus is very unconvincing as ten years younger than he was in BB.

#353 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 74447 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:27 PM

View PostKenJennings, on 26 February 2020 - 10:13 AM, said:

Ever since Chuck died, I feel like Better Call Saul has just become Breaking Bad without Walter White. I care far less about Gus' lab and the business of the Cartels than I do about seeing Jimmy hustle and scheme in court, and find out what's going to happen with he and Kim. Unfortunately, while that is still present, I feel like it's being pushed to the background of the story.

It's still a fantastic show, but I feel like it's lost some of its luster.
Good point.  That story arc was fantastic

#354 Snow Dog

Snow Dog

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio
  • Interests:Rush, Movies, Bass, Music in general.

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:45 AM

For a spinoff, Better Call Saul is fantastic!

#355 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 74447 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:50 PM

View PostSnow Dog, on 24 March 2020 - 12:45 AM, said:

For a spinoff, Better Call Saul is fantastic!
:yes:

#356 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2368 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri USA
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 28 March 2020 - 06:31 AM

View PostSnow Dog, on 24 March 2020 - 12:45 AM, said:

For a spinoff, Better Call Saul is fantastic!

I'd say it's fantastic, full stop!

I can't figure out Kim's motivations, though.

#357 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

    Superconductor

  • Members *
  • 1398 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northampton England
  • Interests:Guitars, TV and films, Nature, Art/art history, US politics, Football (soccer) and most sports, Non-fiction, Not going out, Cats (especially black and white tuxedo cats)

Posted 28 March 2020 - 08:59 AM

View PostNova Carmina, on 28 March 2020 - 06:31 AM, said:

View PostSnow Dog, on 24 March 2020 - 12:45 AM, said:

For a spinoff, Better Call Saul is fantastic!

I'd say it's fantastic, full stop!

I can't figure out Kim's motivations, though.
I liked the flashback of teenage Kim from last week`s episode.  It showed her smalltown background, morally ambiguous mother, single-mindedness, willingness to do the hard yards to get where she wants on her own - all that in a two minute scene where she barely had any lines,  So I think that her motivations are the time-honoured pull of who she is at her core from a genetic perspective, and who her ambition and drive wants her to be.  So she makes professional moves forwards whilst her innate character will always try to sabotage it - like Jimmy.  And like Walt before them.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users