last movie you watched

sonicjams

Moana

Much better second time around! Yup this one is special.

i knew it, lol. I love it.

i still say their best animated film Since Wreck-it-ralph which I LOVED BTW

Mick

I don't like Wreck It Ralph that much.

I will rank the Disney animation since 2009 as I'm that bored:

1. Tangled

2. Big Hero 6

3. Zootopia

4. The Princess And The Frog

5. Frozen

6. Moana

7. Wreck It Ralph

If rank all the Pixar films about Moana and Wreck It Ralph as well aside from Inside Out (clever but a one time watch really) and Cars 2.

Mine would go like this

1. Tangled

2. Wreck it Ralph

3. Moana

4. ootopia

5. Big Hero 6

6. Princess and the Frog

7. Frozen

Mick

Moana

Mick

1. Tangled

2. Big Hero 6

3. Zootopia

5. Frozen

6. Moana

7. Wreck It Ralph

If rank all the Pixar films about Moana and Wreck It Ralph as well aside from Inside Out (clever but a one time watch really) and Cars 2.

Mine would go like this

1. Tangled

2. Wreck it Ralph

3. Moana

4. ootopia

5. Big Hero 6

6. Princess and the Frog

7. Frozen

Mick

I even like this list haha!

Gonna be honest, I say I don't like it but truth be told I've thought every film from Frog onwards has been a delight. Some more than others. Although I prefer the run of films from Mermaid through Tarzan, I've adored this new era! More so than Pixar in fact...ever...

• Like 1

Moana

Mick

1. Tangled

2. Big Hero 6

3. Zootopia

5. Frozen

6. Moana

7. Wreck It Ralph

Mine would go like this

1. Tangled

2. Wreck it Ralph

3. Moana

4. ootopia

5. Big Hero 6

6. Princess and the Frog

7. Frozen

Mick

Gonna be honest, I say I don't like it but truth be told I've thought every film from Frog onwards has been a delight. Some more than others. Although I prefer the run of films from Mermaid through Tarzan, I've adored this new era! More so than Pixar in fact...ever...

yea i hear you. like as much as i've never gotten the rabid frozen love.........i still can enjoy it.

i enjoy it way more now than in 2013.

it's overrated but it's enjoyable in it's own way.

Mick

Moana

Mick

1. Tangled

2. Big Hero 6

3. Zootopia

5. Frozen

6. Moana

7. Wreck It Ralph

Mine would go like this

1. Tangled

2. Wreck it Ralph

3. Moana

4. ootopia

5. Big Hero 6

6. Princess and the Frog

7. Frozen

Mick

yea i hear you. like as much as i've never gotten the rabid frozen love.........i still can enjoy it.

i enjoy it way more now than in 2013.

it's overrated but it's enjoyable in it's own way.

Mick

I don't think it's overrated. I just think it's one of those Disney films that appeal more to the younger generation as Alladin did ours. It's great and deserves it's success.

I can see amd hear why it did better than Moana. But not Tangled.

The Incredibles. Thought I would give it another shot after several years but it still doesn't thrill me. One of my least favorite Pixar films so far.
  • Like 1

The Incredibles. Thought I would give it another shot after several years but it still doesn't thrill me. One of my least favorite Pixar films so far.

i agree. i saw it in theaters. full of kids mind you. Such a sour mopey depresssing film at it's core.

Wow.

no kids were into it, BTW.

Big Hero six was a much better animated hero/aventure film........still not perfect but much better.

Mick

• Like 1

i agree. i saw it in theaters. full of kids mind you. Such a sour mopey depresssing film at it's core.

Wow.

Big Hero six was a much better animated hero/aventure film........still not perfect but much better.

Mick

I'd give both an almost 10 and rank both amongst the greatest movies of the millennium.

Better than the half assed, if decent, Moana. Seriously shocked lol

Anastasia

Underrated animation. Rightly developed a strong cult following since it's 1998 release.

Wow.

Mick

I'd give both an almost 10 and rank both amongst the greatest movies of the millennium.

i could never get behind Incredables

but i wholeheartedly give you big Hero 6

that film is a delight.......one of the best voice casts as well. A genuinely funny Disney film too. not that disney is bad at humor. but This one had me laughing out loud the most. i was thinking why did i say it wasn't perfect. for me it took the film a bit to tell me where it was going. for upwards of 30 mins i was ok movie where are you going? When it got rolling i was on board though.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Wow.

Mick

i could never get behind Incredables

but i wholeheartedly give you big Hero 6

that film is a delight.......one of the best voice casts as well. A genuinely funny Disney film too. not that disney is bad at humor. but This one had me laughing out loud the most.

Mick

Agreed.

Another one I love is DreamWorks Megamind. LOVE THAT!

Don't worry about not getting behind The Incredibles. I found Inside Out really cringey the second time. And I will never understand why more parents couldn't get behind a simple, old fashioned story like The Good Dinosaur. "Its cliched and run of the mill!".

Take your kids it's got: Cute. Talking. Dinosaurs. WITH A PET BABY CHILD!!

Flip sake I love that movie it's not healthy.

Who Is Harry Nilsson (And Why Is Everybody Talkin' About Him)? - [8/10]

He was a tragically talented artist who drank himself to death at an early age.

His two best known songs were the lovely classic melodic theme from the great film "Midnight Cowboy" with Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight in 1969.

And the other was "Without You" which is regarded as a work of genius.

I like to pride myself on music history knowledge but stupidly thought up until recently that he sang "All By Myself" when it was infact the wonderful Eric Carmen from The Rasperies. The songs sound so similar.

Steve

Steve, keep in mind that Without You was originally recorded by the very underappreciated band Badfinger, and written by two of the members Pete Ham and Tom Evans, both who ( supposedly ) committed suicide in the 1970s

Fantastic song, and I prefer the original

I did not know that Lucas!!!

I know that Badfinger were a greatly talented young band that were signed by Apple records and recorded the Paul McCartney song "If You Want It" and had a hit.

It all went pair shaped when The Beatles split up and Apple collapsed and I know a couple of the guys took their own lives.

So so sad dude :( :( :( :( :(

But thanks anyway, nice to share knowledge and info to fill in the gaps XXX

Smitty :) :)

Did you know that it was nominated for an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay? The film may have been animated, but it was more for adults than for kids.

The slick James Bond themes and imagery, the metaphors for the 1960's Red Scare, the issue of fearing people who are gifted or different, and the very poignant issue of Society keeping great people down and preventing them from being great.....

For me, it was the smartest animated film ever made. :haz:

• Like 3

Did you know that it was nominated for an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay? The film may have been animated, but it was more for adults than for kids.

The slick James Bond themes and imagery, the metaphors for the 1960's Red Scare, the issue of fearing people who are gifted or different, and the very poignant issue of Society keeping great people down and preventing them from being great.....

It's definitely my favorite Pixar flick for all the reasons you stated perfectly. And more! I love that it actually takes the piss out of the entire superhero genre too.

• Like 1

It's definitely my favorite Pixar flick for all the reasons you stated perfectly. And more! I love that it actually takes the piss out of the entire superhero genre too.

"No capes...!"

:LOL:

• Like 2

"No capes...!"

That whole scene with all those caped heroes biting it one after the other due to their capes was hilarious!

E: Do you remember Thunderhead? Tall, storm powers. Nice man. Good with kids.

Bob: Listen, E...

E: November 15th of '58. All was well, another day saved when his cape snagged on a missile fin.

Bob: Thunderhead was not the brightest bulb...

E: Stratogale! April 23rd '57. Cape caught in a jet turbine.

Bob: E, you can't generalize about these things.

E: Meta-man, express elevator. Dynaguy, snag on take off. Splashdown, sucked into a vortex. No capes! Now go on. Your new suit will be finished before your next assignment.