The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

Any idea on price range? What do Maiden nosebleeds usually go for?

f**k nosebleeds. Maiden has general admission on the floor when they do arenas. Splurge on that.

Are there seats in the GA floor? I don't mind standing the whole time but I'm gonna want a chair so I feel like I have my own space, you know? Also, do you happen to know the usual price for those tickets?

No, there are no seats on the floor. That's why it's called general admission lol. I think I paid around $100 for mine on the last tour.

f**k nosebleeds. Maiden has general admission on the floor when they do arenas. Splurge on that.

Are there seats in the GA floor? I don't mind standing the whole time but I'm gonna want a chair so I feel like I have my own space, you know? Also, do you happen to know the usual price for those tickets?

No, there are no seats on the floor. That's why it's called general admission lol. I think I paid around $100 for mine on the last tour.

100 eh? I'll think about it. For one thing that's insanely cheap to be on the floor at a major band's concert. On the other hand, I really do prefer to have a seat, and I know if my dad goes with me he's not getting a ticket without a seat included.

100 eh? I'll think about it. For one thing that's insanely cheap to be on the floor at a major band's concert. On the other hand, I really do prefer to have a seat, and I know if my dad goes with me he's not getting a ticket without a seat included.

It's totally worth it. Even if there's a person totally grossing everyone out by farting up a storm in the crowd before Maiden came on. Which happened last time I saw them. It's like step to the back of the floor man lol.

• Like 2

On the Book of Souls tour I was on Janick's side off the floor, first tier up, those went for about $60 I think. Sound was excellent from that position.

60 and you were how close? I assumed Maiden would be in the Metallica range for tickets. Sounds like they're actually perhaps the cheapest band in their league!

On the Book of Souls tour I was on Janick's side off the floor, first tier up, those went for about $60 I think. Sound was excellent from that position.

60 and you were how close? I assumed Maiden would be in the Metallica range for tickets. Sounds like they're actually perhaps the cheapest band in their league!

Oh it was a little further back, probably just behind the soundboard.

Oh it was a little further back, probably just behind the soundboard.

But nowhere near the nosebleeds, right?

Iron Maiden, Within Temptation and Trivium...

...did I just die and go to heaven!?

• Like 3

It's not all three for the whole tour. Trivium does the first half of the tour then Within Temptation takes over for the second half. I wonder which band Maiden fans will be more receptive to?

It's not all three for the whole tour. Trivium does the first half of the tour then Within Temptation takes over for the second half. I wonder which band Maiden fans will be more receptive to?

Solution: Fly out to Spokane for their last show with Trivium, then follow them to Sioux Falls for their first show with Within Temptation, then fly home.

You know, provided you can get the time off from work and afford the travel expenses.

Solution: Fly out to Spokane for their last show with Trivium, then follow them to Sioux Falls for their first show with Within Temptation, then fly home.

You know, provided you can get the time off from work and afford the travel expenses.

Who the hell do you think I am? Earl? Lol.

I don't like any band enough to travel to the other side of the country to see them. I drove five hours to see Rush once. That's about my limit when it comes to seeing a show.

• Like 1

I don't like any band enough to travel to the other side of the country to see them. I drove five hours to see Rush once. That's about my limit when it comes to seeing a show.

I didn't say it was a good solution, but it is a solution, lol.

Trivium is a much better fit to be the opener in this bill imo. Within Temptation is a great band, which I got to know when I interviewed their singer, but I think the audience will have a harder time to embrace them. We'll see.

Trivium is a much better fit to be the opener in this bill imo. Within Temptation is a great band, which I got to know when I interviewed their singer, but I think the audience will have a harder time to embrace them. We'll see.

Within Temptation does have the advantage of having a nice looking female singer which could help to keep the attention of the mostly male audience. I think a lot of Maiden fans might have a harder time embracing Trivium's harsher vocals though.

Within Temptation supported Maiden in the UK before to rapturous reviews and fan response was positive.

But I can't speak for the US.

Within Temptation supported Maiden in the UK before to rapturous reviews and fan response was positive.

There's a good chance there will be people at the shows who know them. Both are established in the metal world and have been doing it for 20 years. It's not like the last tour where absolutely nobody knew who The Raven Age was. I still don't think anyone knows who they are now lol.

But European metal fans are much more dedicated and knowledgeable than American ones when it comes to metal over the last few decades. So who knows?

Edited by J2112YYZ

There's a good chance there will be people at the shows who know them. Both are established in the metal world and have been doing it for 20 years. It's not like the last tour where absolutely nobody knew who The Raven Age was. I still don't think anyone knows who they are now lol.

But European metal fans are much more dedicated and knowledgeable than American ones when it comes to metal over the last few decades. So who knows?

I really enjoy The Raven Age. Promising young band, I suggest giving them a glance.

But honestly I'd much rather have bands like Trivium and Within Temptation playing!

Tampa Show......we are going to that one for sure.

I really enjoy The Raven Age. Promising young band, I suggest giving them a glance.

But honestly I'd much rather have bands like Trivium and Within Temptation playing!

Oh, I gave them a pretty good glance when I saw them open for Maiden. They were good and the crowd liked them but after Maiden's set they really were an afterthought. That's the problem when a legendary band takes an unknown on tour with them. It's hard for people to really remember that band when the headliner puts on such a great show.

Oh, I gave them a pretty good glance when I saw them open for Maiden. They were good and the crowd liked them but after Maiden's set they really were an afterthought. That's the problem when a legendary band takes an unknown on tour with them. It's hard for people to really remember that band when the headliner puts on such a great show.

Ghost opened for Maiden in 2017 and they were excellent. I can't get behind the camp and schtick of Ghost's theater, but their music has become some of my absolute favorite.

Maiden still blew their doors off when they took the stage but it definitely introduced me to great albums like Meliora in a big way.

Ghost opened for Maiden in 2017 and they were excellent. I can't get behind the camp and schtick of Ghost's theater, but their music has become some of my absolute favorite.

Maiden still blew their doors off when they took the stage but it definitely introduced me to great albums like Meliora in a big way.

Ghost was hardly an unknown band when they opened for Maiden though. The were riding the biggest surge in their popularity and had a "hit" with Square Hammer. Cirice had also been nominated for a Grammy before that. Combine that with the memorable look, catchy songs and riffs that get everyone moving, you have a band that people will remember. I remember Raven Age being good but nothing about them really stood out.

• Like 1

Got two tickets for the Toronto show in October. Now the debate begins...who should I bring, my wife or my daghter? I brought my wife in 2019, so I was thinking now it's time to bring Stella...she will be 8 next year, and I don't think there will be many chances of seeing Maiden in the years to come.

LOL!

I've cut back on the travel.

Would rather take Lisa on a trip down south or Maui for the beach!

That being said I am getting Maiden tickets tomorrow. They are playing 3 miles from my house!

Also picked up STYX, REO and Loverboy tickets for a July gig.

Also have Tears For Fears tickets with Garbage opening.

• Like 2

LOL!

I've cut back on the travel.

Would rather take Lisa on a trip down south or Maui for the beach!

That being said I am getting Maiden tickets tomorrow. They are playing 3 miles from my house!

Also picked up STYX, REO and Loverboy tickets for a July gig.

Also have Tears For Fears tickets with Garbage opening.

Earl where you been hiding again?