Beatles Get Back documentary by Peter Jackson now NOT in theaters

I've watched the first two parts and I'm loving it. Parts are monotonous but there's a lot of great information and footage.

I'm not saying more because you should see it if you appreciate The Beatles.

It's on Disney+?
  • Like 1

I've watched the first two parts and I'm loving it. Parts are monotonous but there's a lot of great information and footage.

It's on Disney+?

\

Yes. My buddy's wife works for ABC/Disney so we had two marathon sessions. We're watching part 3 on Friday.

• Like 1

It's on Disney+?

\

Yes. My buddy's wife works for ABC/Disney so we had two marathon sessions. We're watching part 3 on Friday.

:ebert:

I'm in!

• Like 2

It would have been so much better in the theaters, this stinks. :boo hiss: Thought you were better than this Jackson... :16ton:

Have you seen Bad Taste? He`s really not better than this :tsk:

Feebles, Dead Alive (which I love, though), the overrated King Kong and disappointing Lovely Bones.

Frighteners is still my favorite of his.

As I near the end of part 1, I'm wondering it isn't broken into shorter episodes. There's story development, but it feels under-emphasized due to the long format.
  • Like 1

I am going to be watching later this week, we ended up getting the bundle with Disney, ESPN+ (hockey) and Hulu. I read another person's comments and it sounds like it will be good but I thought it was going to be a 6 parter...guess they decided for 3 larger episodes.

Still think it would have been cool on the big screen but glad that it happened after all.

• Like 4

I felt like I was hanging them in the studio. Felt like the longer episodes were immersive, and just the right length for what they were. They looked and sounded fantastic.

One minor spoiler that really changed my perception of things: Paul defending John and Yoko. Paul basically said it wasn't his place to say anything about Yoko being there because she and John just wanted to be together.

So after that, I'm not really sure if I should still be seeing Yoko as a factor in the breakup.

• Like 2

Will buy it on Blu-ray when it comes out (if?).

• Like 1

After watching the first episode it's perfectly clear why they broke up. And it's not Yoko...

it never WAS yoko. that is just the accepted line.

Mick

Of course not. I know it was never Yoko. The first episode makes it perfectly clear why they eventually broke up. And it shows Paul desperately trying to compensate and fill in for the reason. You can tell Paul does not want the Beatles to break up.

• Like 4

Without Paul's efforts the band would have disintegrated after Brian Epstein died. Macca was the driving force behind Magical Mystery Tour, the White Album, Get Back, Abbey Road. He did a great job steering the ship for two more very productive years.

John said the Beatles end was "a slow death" but Paul ensured it wasn't an abrupt one.

Edited by Lurkst
  • Like 3

After watching the first episode it's perfectly clear why they broke up. And it's not Yoko...

Mick

I'm about halfway through the second episode. I think saying "it was Yoko's fault," is more an oversimplification. But what is clear is that John was more interested in his relationship with her than the Beatles. He was more interested in his drug habit too, which didn't help matters. It's also clear that George had had enough of everyone on the planet recognizing his greatness except John and Paul.

My wife sat down in the room while I was watching Days 1-7. She sat for about 5 minutes and said, "People find this interesting?" and got up and left the room. So much for thinking you don't have to be a Beatle person to enjoy it. :lol:

• Like 4

Mick

I'm about halfway through the second episode. I think saying "it was Yoko's fault," is more an oversimplification. But what is clear is that John was more interested in his relationship with her than the Beatles. He was more interested in his drug habit too, which didn't help matters. It's also clear that George had had enough of everyone on the planet recognizing his greatness except John and Paul.

My wife sat down in the room while I was watching Days 1-7. She sat for about 5 minutes and said, "People find this interesting?" and got up and left the room. So much for thinking you don't have to be a Beatle person to enjoy it. :lol:

well i agree there too. john was a heroin addict about this time i believe. and wouldn't have been much use to a fully invested Beatles anyway. I think much of his solo career proves that too.......sue me i find much his solo stuff just a lethargic drag.

still facinating watch.

Mick

• Like 1

My wife is a fan but I don't even think she's down for eight hours of Beatles jamming, so I watched it by myself. Surpassed that long ass version of Fanny and Alexander as the longest thing I've watched in one sitting.

• Like 1

Mick

well i agree there too. john was a heroin addict about this time i believe. and wouldn't have been much use to a fully invested Beatles anyway. I think much of his solo career proves that too.......sue me i find much his solo stuff just a lethargic drag.

still facinating watch.

Mick

Yes, you can tell by looking at him that he's using. He often has a "glazed" look.

John's solo work is the very definition of "spotty," IMO. Sadly, by the time he grew up and stopped being so angry and preachy it was too late. Double Fantasy is some of his best work.

• Like 5