The R40 Tour: Was Geddy the only member that was happy?

22 replies to this topic

#21 fraroc

fraroc

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2649 posts
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 28 July 2019 - 12:32 PM

View Postgrep, on 28 July 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

View PostThree Eyes, on 28 July 2019 - 03:48 AM, said:

I definitely noticed a more serious, less jovial Alex when I saw them do their last show in LA on 8/1/15. I guess you could also float the theory that he was angry it was the last tour and he wasn't ready to end it but that doesn't hold much water.

Neil wrote something about how he had some kind of end of the road t-shirts printed up and passed them around. Alex got pissed off and threw his in the trash.  Something like that.

So yeah, Lerxst wasn't happy.

I'd hate to say this, but sometimes it does seem that Alex (and to an extent Neil) felt some kind of resentment towards Ged as he's the one who really wanted this tour to just happen in the first place, let alone extend it (which never happened).

Its kind of sad to think about this, but any sort of tour extention could have meant the permanent end of their friendship.

Sponsored Post

#22 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1517 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:46 PM

Regarding fraroc's comments, in relation the 'Time Stand Still documentary sums up what's printed here in 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

Edited by RushFanForever, 28 July 2019 - 08:49 PM.

#23 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4766 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:10 AM

View Postfraroc, on 27 July 2019 - 10:37 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 27 July 2019 - 04:41 AM, said:

View Postfraroc, on 25 July 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

Well specifically, one of the clips I was talking about was Jacob's Ladder from Vegas. Neil was being normal stoic Neil so that's to be expected, but Alex on the other had such an angry, disgusted expression on his face at times that he looked like he was going to punch someone. Meanwhile, Ged was the polar opposite, having fun, smiling...

https://www.youtube....h?v=KVVCBwDJ5rI

THAT was supposed to show how angry Lifeson was during that tour?! "Punch someone"?!
Yeah, you're reading too much into it.

Haven't you ever been so concentrated on something that you weren't smiling? Of course you've been there! We all have.

One of the most enjoyable things to me is playing racquetball and tennis. Without a doubt, I'm certain I'm not smiling much of the time playing either sport. But no way am I angry or would I like to punch anyone no matter what the corners of my mouth look like.

Come on, man. Think about it.

Mostly, I'm basing my comparison on that clip of Jacobs Ladder and the R40 DVD with the Clockwork Angels live DVD.  It just seemed like his overall demeanor was a different, and as sad as it is to say, kinda seemed like he lost his enjoyment of playing live.

I know Alex doesn't smile 100% percent of the time, but he did a lot more on the CA tour than R40.

Still don't understand how a judgement on an entire tour demeanor could be made on a single video clip.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users