2019 MLB Season Thread! Harper? Vlad Jr.? A's New Stadium? Play Ball!!

RUSHHEAD666

The ALCS was the real World Series.

Nah...this was one for the ages.

I agree, I enjoyed it, tonight's game especially. Wonder if someone is going to run screaming through the Nats' clubhouse "I'm glad they got Osuna!"

• Like 2

This Just In: Brewer fans have voted on the World Series Most Valuable Player award.

In a unanimous vote, the winner is JOSH HADER.

The Nationals would have never sniffed a World Series much less a Championship without Hader's contributions..... :P :P

My kids were upset the Masked Singer wasn't on.

"Wasn't it over when the Yankees lost?"

That actually happened. I've trained them well.������

Happy for the Nats.

Are your kids even old enough to remember when the Yankees season didn't end in defeat?

Regardless of warped baseball loyalties, I never thought I'd see, and never have to hope to encounter again, the words "The Masked Singer" in a sentence including the words "trained right"...

That's a lot of talk for a guy whose team sent four generations to the Grave waiting.

Hey, when the other choices are Dance Moms or the Hallmark Barf-a-thon I'll take the Masked Singer any day of the week.

Edited by edhunter

I would also like to welcome Gerrit Cole to the Yankees! That dude has already checked out in a major way. Madison Bumgarner also is available, and perhaps they could even lure Stephen Strasburg to opt out of his deal. This winter is shaping up nicely already.

I would also like to welcome Gerrit Cole to the Yankees! That dude has already checked out in a major way. Madison Bumgarner also is available, and perhaps they could even lure Stephen Strasburg to opt out of his deal. This winter is shaping up nicely already.

The Yankess will not get any of those three players.

Of those three, Cole is the most likely. I thought I remember reading that Bumgarner wants to stay in smaller markets, and I'm not sure Strasburg would have the balls to opt out and leave right now.

Of those three, Cole is the most likely. I thought I remember reading that Bumgarner wants to stay in smaller markets, and I'm not sure Strasburg would have the balls to opt out and leave right now.

Cole is going out west, Strasburg will stay put and I don't know about Bumgarner but my gut says he isn't coming to New York. Edited by thesweetscience

Such a strange series. Both teams so Jekyll and Hyde - dominant on the road, anemic at home. Although I was hoping the Astros would pull it out, you can't not be impressed with the Nats. Just so many clutch hits and pitching performances. A lot of guys to like on that team (Soto being the exception for me, though the Stros certainly have some immature hot dogs of their own). And AJ Hinch should already have been fired. Maybe they still lose, but his pitching moves last night made it almost look like he'd been paid off to blow it. After a 107 win season, you shouldn't get to keep your job after losing ALL FOUR HOME games in a WS. Goes to show you can have the best analytics department in the world and still fall on your face if you lack natural baseball instincts. Kinda serves them right after that idiotic Osuna rant by the team rep. Congrats to the Nats!
  • Like 1

Cole's a West Coast guy.

Madbum's a country guy through and through. No way he's going to deal with a fan base with that many assholes.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

5 ex-tigers pitchers on the championship teams the past few years.

Gee, wonder why Detroit didn't win one series before they became a single A team.

Thank the terrible Illitches.
  • Like 1

The White Sox gave Yasmani Grandal $73,000,000.00 to play baseball for them. I wonder if the Brewers even bothered to make an offer.