2019 MLB Season Thread! Harper? Vlad Jr.? A's New Stadium? Play Ball!!

RUSHHEAD666

One down, 3 to go.

A little too much scoring, but since it was close it's OK.

Now we need the Astros to win the next one. 7 games of this would be great.

The Yankees won game one as well before basically being blown out for the rest of the series. The ALCS was never really in question.

The Astro's are heavy favorites. I would love to see the Nat's go up by 2 games just to create some urgency. The last thing I want is for the Astro's to run off 4 in a row which is what will probably happen if they win Game 2.

Blown out? Each team had two easy wins and the Astros other two wins were walk-offs in the 9th and Extra Innings. Definately not a blowout. The Yanks should be kicking themselves for giving the series away.

And the prelims on the ratings show a dip from last year.

Meh, the Yankees were never in contention.

The Nat's probably aren't either but a win in game two would make thing's interesting.

The Nationals are a far superior team to the Yankees. The Yankees didn't honestly have a chance against Houston, but I think the Nationals actually match up with them pretty well.

������������������

Speaking of butthurt . . .

It was just such a cute attempt....

At what? Pointing out what anyone with any familiarity with baseball can see with their own eyes?

At trolling. Most people at least know enough of what they're talking about to sound credible. I'm really sorry the Sox choked on their own dicks this year but at least try to stay sane. Stanton, Encarnacion, and Sanchez disappeared when it mattered. But no intelligent person would claim a team that snuck into the playoffs in the final week of the season, and had to rally to win the wildcard game is a better team than one that had their division wrapped up by August. And I'll put my money where my mouth is. I'll give you $100 bucks to call Felger and Mazz tomorrow and say that on the air. Go for it...

Like I said, butthurt. The Yankees got sent packing in October. Again. I guess you can take solace that at least this year the Sox didn’t do it to them.

Why would I need to tell Felger and Mazz what I’m sure they know? Everyone who knows anything about baseball does.

Yep. That's what I thought....

You're right. The Nationals probably aren't on the Yankees level. If only we had a common opponent against whom they played at around the same time to assess the situation . . .

The offer still stands. I will venmo you the money.

$100 to say the Nationals are better than the Yankees? 2-6 is their show, right?

Yes.Get on. Say they're better and try and back it up.

Can I mention Scherzer, Strasberg, Corbin and Sanchez?

You probably would need to start with that. If you just get right on and say the Nats better than the Yankees you won't get the chance

One down, 3 to go.

The Yankees won game one as well before basically being blown out for the rest of the series. The ALCS was never really in question.

The Astro's are heavy favorites. I would love to see the Nat's go up by 2 games just to create some urgency. The last thing I want is for the Astro's to run off 4 in a row which is what will probably happen if they win Game 2.

Blown out? Each team had two easy wins and the Astros other two wins were walk-offs in the 9th and Extra Innings. Definately not a blowout. The Yanks should be kicking themselves for giving the series away.

The Nat's probably aren't either but a win in game two would make thing's interesting.

The Nationals are a far superior team to the Yankees. The Yankees didn't honestly have a chance against Houston, but I think the Nationals actually match up with them pretty well.

������������������

At what? Pointing out what anyone with any familiarity with baseball can see with their own eyes?

At trolling. Most people at least know enough of what they're talking about to sound credible. I'm really sorry the Sox choked on their own dicks this year but at least try to stay sane. Stanton, Encarnacion, and Sanchez disappeared when it mattered. But no intelligent person would claim a team that snuck into the playoffs in the final week of the season, and had to rally to win the wildcard game is a better team than one that had their division wrapped up by August. And I'll put my money where my mouth is. I'll give you $100 bucks to call Felger and Mazz tomorrow and say that on the air. Go for it...

Like I said, butthurt. The Yankees got sent packing in October. Again. I guess you can take solace that at least this year the Sox didn’t do it to them.

Why would I need to tell Felger and Mazz what I’m sure they know? Everyone who knows anything about baseball does.

You're right. The Nationals probably aren't on the Yankees level. If only we had a common opponent against whom they played at around the same time to assess the situation . . .

$100 to say the Nationals are better than the Yankees? 2-6 is their show, right?

How about their ability to bunt runners over and slap base hits into the holes when runners are in scoring position?

Also things the Yankees can't/don't do.

ETA: I am a Yankee fan by birth but their style of home run or strike out baseball has grown tiring.

Edited by thesweetscience

One down, 3 to go.

������������������

How about their ability to bunt runners over and slap base hits into the holes when runners are in scoring position?

ETA: I am a Yankee fan by birth but their style of home run or strike out baseball has grown tiring.

That's not just the Yankees though. No one bunts anymore

One down, 3 to go.

������������������

That's not just the Yankees though. No one bunts anymore

Oh I forgot, you weren't watching last night.

I for one, am thrilled for the Nats. So glad they're doing this after Harper left.

Some of us just like to see what fans of lesser players are talking about. It's usually Harper.

Plus ca change. ;)

The intentional walk the Astros issued to Juan Soto was their first of the year, in their 175th game.

But I guess all but 21 of them were against other AL teams so from that perspective it's not THAT remarkable.

Does anyone think the series isn't over?

What a choke job. Typical DC team.

They're playing one of the best teams if not The best team in MLB. This is a heavyweight slugfest. It may go all 12 rounds.

Watching the use of the shift, I can't help but think of calls to ban its use. Anyone have a problem with the shift?

Nope. Teams should be able to align their players as they wish.

Watching the use of the shift, I can't help but think of calls to ban its use. Anyone have a problem with the shift?

Agreed. If you can't (won't?) hit to an open field of grass, go play another sport.
  • Like 2

Agreed. If you can't (won't?) hit to an open field of grass, go play another sport.

It's Major League Baseball. These players are supposed to be the best of the best, so shift away! Beating the shift provides great entertainment!

What other sport requires a comparable skill set? Cricket?

;)

I would think that a major league hitter could do well enough to hit away from the shift and negate the advantage of putting one on. Hitters seem so disinclined to do this though.

Or maybe its just harder for them to do than i think it would be.

Edited by thesweetscience