Workin' Them Angels vs. Secret Touch

rocket ignites

Workin' Them Angels vs. Secret Touch  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which song do you prefer?

• Workin' Them Angels
    • Secret Touch

I love both these. Today it's Secret Touch.
  • Like 1

This is a toughie because I am about equally indifferent to both of them. I think Secret Touch probably wins by a hair, at least today.

Secret Touch.

While I prefer Snakes to Vapor Trails, Secret Touch is the high point that occasionally makes me want to give the album a spin.

• Like 1

Working Them Angels exemplifies everything that is wrong with a weak album. Secret Touch exemplifies most of what is good on a very good album. Not even close.

For me this is not even remotely close.

Secret Touch is an ok Rush song - by the standards of the album its on. Fair at best. The problem is that album is my least favorite Rush album of all. If I were to rank Rush's songs, the very bottom 2 would be Dog Years & Virtuality. Then all of VT (the original mix). Then The Fountain of Lamneth & The Necromancer. Its possible Peacable Kingdom & Ghost Rider from the original mix might beat out these 2 songs from CoS. Then all of VT (the re-mix). As far as I am concerned the re-mix is basically an entirely different album from the original. Its much better but still not to my tastes.

Workin' Them Angeles is my favorite song from S&A. IMO, S&A is the best Rush album this side of Counterparts. Possibly even since Presto. And yes, I am including CA in those rankings. Thats how much I like S&A.

Workin Them Angeles gets my vote big time.

• Like 1