What did you previously love that you now don't care for?

x1yyz

Hands on car customization.

Friends and I had our crazy, extensively modified off road trucks and suvs for years

I don't have any interest in building my own axle, or ripping out a pair of leaf springs I need out of the junkyard, or welding and grinding on my own vehicle again. It was fair work to maintain a ridiculous vehicle

Plus, everyone I knew got out of it too, and it's not a solo activity.

• Like 2

My sister.

Not sure I ever had a chance to like her as she is not kind. But...I hate saying this...she has proven I me that blood is not a reason to sustain a bond.

I would nearly make a statement that harsh about my own. She's also far from kind, thoughtful, or ethical. I know how it goes.

Sucks...26 years I've tried to understand her...I haven't spoken to her since May and I have continued to keep the silence going.

It is horrible to say but I have no feeling for her. Not one. I'm so cold in my emotions it's like she's a stranger to me that I met once in passing.

I have had endless support cutting her out which makes me wish I could change things.

But she refuses to mend anything. She is so lonely and lost, even with her husband.

But I can't do anything for someone so horrid.

I guess a bit of empathy exists.

Who knows.

I won't say "technology", but I think I've lost most of the desire to keep up with it and be amazed by technology ... Much of that comes from working on cars everyday, and seeing all the so called advances that are incorporated simply to appease the lazy, inept and unmotivated ..

If you can't parallel park on your own, you shouldn't have a driver's license

This kind of thing is no longer fascinating

To be honest, I look forward to driverless automated cars but I worry that it'll basically obsolesce driving as a passion and activity (especially if driving is outlawed to basically remove traffic accidents). Just as I was starting to enjoy it and "get" why car culture is a thing. Not only that, but being a passenger in a car that is driven with care by another person is a joy. The future generation might just never have that.

:musicnote: It's your turn to drive! :)

Rush.

oddly Enough.....going on vacations and traveling. Maybe it's because of the disability. but it's more hassle then it's worth these days.

Mick

My love for Rush has peaked. I am certain of it.

Bit brave of us to post this haha!

I've tried in recent weeks...HYF and MP and then...not much else...

• Like 1

Rush.

oddly Enough.....going on vacations and traveling. Maybe it's because of the disability. but it's more hassle then it's worth these days.

Mick

when i put them down in here it's not to say i hate them.......i do not.

it's just i think i've soaked in all i can from them. and there is diminishing returns for me.

Like i think they were a band i loved for just a chunk of my life. and that's ok, lol

Mick

Playing guitar. Just not finding any new material worth learning. I plug in once or twice a month to make sure the fingers still mostly work, but then I easily walk away from it. Back in the day it was nothing to play 2 or 3 hours straight, every day.

I commonly dabble in things and then my ADHD tendencies kick in and I move on to something else.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

I used to love getting drunk and/or stoned.

Then I grew up and started living. :sundog:

Oh yes, this. For too many years of my life my weekends were all about getting drunk. Now I can't even remember the last time I was drunk ... probably at least six years ago. I still enjoy drinking wine and beer, but stop as soon as I feel anything from it.

• Like 1

Rush.

Mick

when i put them down in here it's not to say i hate them.......i do not.

it's just i think i've soaked in all i can from them. and there is diminishing returns for me.

Like i think they were a band i loved for just a chunk of my life. and that's ok, lol

Mick

Same...but I just feel...they lead me to better things...

• Like 1

My sister.

Not sure I ever had a chance to like her as she is not kind. But...I hate saying this...she has proven I me that blood is not a reason to sustain a bond.

I would nearly make a statement that harsh about my own. She's also far from kind, thoughtful, or ethical. I know how it goes.

Sucks...26 years I've tried to understand her...I haven't spoken to her since May and I have continued to keep the silence going.

It is horrible to say but I have no feeling for her. Not one. I'm so cold in my emotions it's like she's a stranger to me that I met once in passing.

I have had endless support cutting her out which makes me wish I could change things.

But she refuses to mend anything. She is so lonely and lost, even with her husband.

Who knows.

:hug2: :hug2:

My sister.

My sister.

My sister.

Who knows.

This is something I can say for my first wife and daughter. After I returned from My Second Divorce proceedings, up north in Alcona County, She and I had a 'encounter' at my then house, where I lived with the kids, and she later called me telling me I had raped her. This confused me, since SHE had taken off 98% of her own clothes, and removed all of mine. :blink: [i think she was just feeling 'guilty' about making love to someone other than her girl partner.] Then, just after my return from living in Presque Isle in fall of 2012, My daughter, was WAY standoffish to me, and when a girl who went GA GA about my son, and her, and started stalking both of them, she got upset when I was friended by her on FARCEbook. I didn't know how to UNFRIEND anyone on that site until then. Now, she's told me to NEVER CONTACT her again. I'm still connected to my son, however... Life is SOOOOOO FUN!!!!!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Joyful%20bouncing%20banana.gif

I won't say "technology", but I think I've lost most of the desire to keep up with it and be amazed by technology ... Much of that comes from working on cars everyday, and seeing all the so called advances that are incorporated simply to appease the lazy, inept and unmotivated ..

If you can't parallel park on your own, you shouldn't have a driver's license

This kind of thing is no longer fascinating

To be honest, I look forward to driverless automated cars but I worry that it'll basically obsolesce driving as a passion and activity (especially if driving is outlawed to basically remove traffic accidents). Just as I was starting to enjoy it and "get" why car culture is a thing. Not only that, but being a passenger in a car that is driven with care by another person is a joy. The future generation might just never have that.

DOL, this is a good point that you bring up, and an entirely different topic on its own

I am fortunate to have had a wonderful and resourceful Dad who could repair anything - and from very early on, much of what I observed about "car culture" was a big time DIY ethic .. We had go karts and dirt bikes as kids, and it became second nature to tinker with them as they are very simple ..

Cars were jus bigger versions ..

Cars that were made prior to the boom in computer technology were easy to work on - and easy to modify .. When you bought a car, you were bonded with it, and took pride in it ..

Now, car dealers have exclusive tools and software - for example, Audi makes is very very difficult for anyone but Audi dealers to work on the cars .. Unique tools are needed ....

Thankfully, the DIY spirit that has kept some of the independent shops alive helps in being resourceful and circumventing Audi's exclusive nonsense :D

As long as there are people who want to be hands on, car culture will be alive and well ..

I used to love getting drunk and/or stoned.

Then I grew up and started living. :sundog:

Oh yes, this. For too many years of my life my weekends were all about getting drunk. Now I can't even remember the last time I was drunk ... probably at least six years ago. I still enjoy drinking wine and beer, but stop as soon as I feel anything from it.

I used to do some serious drinking in my early to mid twenties. I mean, a case of beer in a night kind of drinking. Then something happened to me. The hangovers got worse, and the recovery took longer. Hangovers occurred with less drinking. Around the time I turned 30, I decided it wasn't worth feeling like shit the next day, so I stopped drinking large quantities. I still like to drink in moderation, but I rarely have more than 2 drinks in an evening. I've known my wife for 16 years, and she has seen me drunk once, and that was on our wedding night. All my buddies kept bringing me Tanqueray and tonics all night. I think I drank 20 of them, but only went to the bar once! The plane ride out to Maui the next day wasn't fun. :LOL:
  • Like 1

being a passenger in a car that is driven with care by another person is a joy. The future generation might just never have that.

I love driving. I really enjoy it when traffic isn't bad. I even prefer to do my own shifting. It's kind of depressing to see how fewer and fewer cars are available with stick shift. I currently have a 2012 Audi A4 Sport because it was one of the few sedans that I could get with a manual trans.

Kids. i used to just love looking after them. used to do a lot of babysitting jobs. but man. and i guess it's more the parents.......cause they do not know how to raise these little demons anymore, lol.

i by extention no longer want my own.......god i just no longer have ANY desire to reproduce.

my hat is off to people who have.....but i'll leave you to it, lol

Mick

• Like 1

being a passenger in a car that is driven with care by another person is a joy. The future generation might just never have that.

I love driving. I really enjoy it when traffic isn't bad. I even prefer to do my own shifting. It's kind of depressing to see how fewer and fewer cars are available with stick shift. I currently have a 2012 Audi A4 Sport because it was one of the few sedans that I could get with a manual trans.

I'll still only consider manual transmission cars in my searches.

New Honda Accords are another choice still offering a 6 speed manual

• Like 2

I'll still only consider manual transmission cars in my searches.

New Honda Accords are another choice still offering a 6 speed manual

Strangely enough, I used to like the Chevy automatic trans with the Handle that you had to lift the center of the the 'H' handle. Never owned a Chevy, but my Best friend from my boyscout days had a '73 Camaro that I loved to drive that had one...My '79 Mustang Cobra Turbo was the first and ONLY manual I ever owned although I LOVED it.....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20on%2050s%20pick-up.gif

I used to love staying up late.

Then my youth jumped out of me and RAN FAR, FAR AWAY, NEVER TO RETURN........ :doh: :doh:

Myself. :o

You'll get over it....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Suave%20Banana.png

I always do. Hell, I loved myself just this morning..

• Like 1