New Metallica song out !

toscanobarga

The whole 8.20 Minneapolis concert is available to stream on Pandora for any user who wants to check it out. Edited by A rocket that ignites itself
  • Like 2

Pure thrash without delving into a thousand riffs, melodic outros, or proggy changes. Simple and effective.

Yep! Pure is a great word to describe it. Vibe is intense and Hetfield is snarling. Hopefully they put as much passion as Megadeth did with Dystopia

There was absolutely no need to stretch this song out.....the better decision was to keep it short and sweet with those lyrics. Good song it will be interesting where it will be placed on the album with the other songs.....it could really stand out then. Nov 18 is the release date I want to stack it up against Dystopia or if this new album can stand on its own.

• Like 2

Can they play that any faster? lol

Imagine this in the setlist?

Now we know how Lars is gonna' die!

Lars still plays all the old stuff live. Don't see why Hardwired would be such a problem for him :huh:

The two sections of hummingbird bass drums come to mind!

Can they play that any faster? lol

Imagine this in the setlist?

Now we know how Lars is gonna' die!

Lars still plays all the old stuff live. Don't see why Hardwired would be such a problem for him :huh:

The two sections of hummingbird bass drums come to mind!

I'm not a musician, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

• Like 1

Oh and I will never grow up so yes, I love when members create a thread to bash something. METALLICA is one of the most overrated, commercial hard pop bands on the planet with one of the worst drummers in the world!!

Once Cliff Burton passed this band was OVER.

MetallicaTV.

• Like 1

Oh and I will never grow up so yes, I love when members create a thread to bash something. METALLICA is one of the most overrated, commercial hard pop bands on the planet with one of the worst drummers in the world!!

MetallicaTV.

well Cliff died a long time ago Edited by satchmothesnowdog

MetallicaTV.

Says the Dokken, Ratt fan...tell me...how are they less mainstream and generic than Metallica?

• Like 5

MetallicaTV.

Says the Dokken, Ratt fan...tell me...how are they less mainstream and generic than Metallica?

I think the issue Earl has with Tallica is they still have the image of a bad ass thrash metal band from the 80s but they lost their edge some time ago. Unlike bands like Slayer and Anthrax, Tallica changed direction the most.. Not a bad thing, but I don't look at them the same the way I did back in 86 when I first heard MOP..

• Like 1

MetallicaTV.

I think the issue Earl has with Tallica is they still have the image of a bad ass thrash metal band from the 80s but they lost their edge some time ago. Unlike bands like Slayer and Anthrax, Tallica changed direction the most.. Not a bad thing, but I don't look at them the same the way I did back in 86 when I first heard MOP..

The only way Metallica can still have that image is if you're a fan who refuses to move on and let go of that image. Yeah, they lost their edge a long time ago but most who have made the millions they have probably would have as well. I honestly don't blame the band for not having as much fire or that chip on their shoulder anymore. They're far too successful at this point.

Edited by J2112YYZ

MetallicaTV.

The only way Metallica can still have that image is if you're a fan who refuses to move on and let go of that image. Yeah, they lost their edge a long time ago but most who have made the millions they have probably would have as well. I honestly don't blame the band for not having as much fire or that chip on their shoulder anymore. They're far too successful at this point.

I also think they have only ever released good music, at the very least.

Death Magnetic, for all its technical faults, was a raging masterpiece of sorts.

MetallicaTV.

They're not mainstream they're just shit, always have been. I had a listen to Master of Puppets the other day after 30 years and it still sounds as bad as ever. I just don't get what everyone sees in this band.

• Like 1

MetallicaTV.

They're not mainstream they're just shit, always have been. I had a listen to Master of Puppets the other day after 30 years and it still sounds as bad as ever. I just don't get what everyone sees in this band.

Really?

I must admit I think Testament is so much better and a couple of other bands (one is Overkill, thanks mate!) really stood out.

Metallica is my favourite of the so called big four...but to my ears that's not a great bunch.

MetallicaTV.

Really?

I must admit I think Testament is so much better and a couple of other bands (one is Overkill, thanks mate!) really stood out.

Metallica is my favourite of the so called big four...but to my ears that's not a great bunch.

When it comes to Metallica it all sounds bad to me.

• Like 1

MetallicaTV.

Really?

Well they are a band I like. Don't love. But I always put it down to not really being a thrash fan.

Interesting to note a huge metal fan hates them. You surprise me! I like it. You are definitely no sheep!

MetallicaTV.

Really?

Well they are a band I like. Don't love. But I always put it down to not really being a thrash fan.

Interesting to note a huge metal fan hates them. You surprise me! I like it. You are definitely no sheep!

What do your posh girlfriends think of them?

MetallicaTV.

Really?

What do your posh girlfriends think of them?

Erm...lol...

They like Coldplay. Hehe...

MetallicaTV.

because they suck :) Edited by satchmothesnowdog
  • Like 1

MetallicaTV.

because they suck :)

Dude I'm defending Metallica here...

Who are you referring too?

(I like all three...I just don't get how you can slate one band for these reasons but love otherwise very generic metal of the sort Metallica never dabbled in).

MetallicaTV.

because they suck :)

Dude I'm defending Metallica here...

Who are you referring too?

(I like all three...I just don't get how you can slate one band for these reasons but love otherwise very generic metal of the sort Metallica never dabbled in).

Sorry, I was referring to Dokken and Ratt :)