New Metallica song out !

toscanobarga

Oh and I will never grow up so yes, I love when members create a thread to bash something. METALLICA is one of the most overrated, commercial hard pop bands on the planet with one of the worst drummers in the world!!

Once Cliff Burton passed this band was OVER.

MetallicaTV.

Says the Dokken, Ratt fan...tell me...how are they less mainstream and generic than Metallica?

because they suck :)

Dude I'm defending Metallica here...

Who are you referring too?

(I like all three...I just don't get how you can slate one band for these reasons but love otherwise very generic metal of the sort Metallica never dabbled in).

Sorry, I was referring to Dokken and Ratt :)

Say what you want about Metallica but no one can say they have ever been as generic and cheesy as those two bands.

• Like 1

Oh and I will never grow up so yes, I love when members create a thread to bash something. METALLICA is one of the most overrated, commercial hard pop bands on the planet with one of the worst drummers in the world!!

MetallicaTV.

Says the Dokken, Ratt fan...tell me...how are they less mainstream and generic than Metallica?

(I like all three...I just don't get how you can slate one band for these reasons but love otherwise very generic metal of the sort Metallica never dabbled in).

Say what you want about Metallica but no one can say they have ever been as generic and cheesy as those two bands.

No, not by a long shot. They have their own unique sound and energy and aside from that three album abortion they put out, ive loved everything. I even did love Until it sleeps and would gladly trade it for Unforgiven. I can't stand that damn song.

Anyway, I find Dokken, Ratt and most of those poser hair bands to be generic shit and aside from a small few, most of it is absent from my music collection, which is approaching 6,000 albums and cds.

I will admit to.owning some.WASP

MetallicaTV.

They're not mainstream they're just shit, always have been. I had a listen to Master of Puppets the other day after 30 years and it still sounds as bad as ever. I just don't get what everyone sees in this band.

you'd probably like their 90s output considering it's watered down, wimpy, and unheavy

MetallicaTV.

They're not mainstream they're just shit, always have been. I had a listen to Master of Puppets the other day after 30 years and it still sounds as bad as ever. I just don't get what everyone sees in this band.

you'd probably like their 90s output considering it's watered down, wimpy, and unheavy

He listens to a lot of heavy already...not sure why this post was needed?

• Like 1

I think once metallica had money they no longer had a reason to write songs. they most likely would've ended up burnouts or living with their parents without that initial anger that fueled them
  • Like 1

MetallicaTV.

I don't find e'nuff z'nuff or tesla too heavy personally

MetallicaTV.

No that stuff is even worse. Metallica aren't really heavy at all to me, they're almost a parody of a thrash band. Their early stuff is weak, their newer stuff is embarrassing. Even the name is like something from Spinal Tap. The better thrash comes from Overkill, Testament and Exodus.

MetallicaTV.

I don't find e'nuff z'nuff or tesla too heavy personally

Never owned any albums by these bands, nor Poison or Cinderella or White Lion.

I like a lot of other so called "Hair metal" bands though. Maybe "Hairspray" metal bands would be a better word since most metal bands have (or started off with) hair.

I think once metallica had money they no longer had a reason to write songs. they most likely would've ended up burnouts or living with their parents without that initial anger that fueled them

Well they certainly wouldn't have been any use as guitar teachers.

MetallicaTV.

I don't care what you say I'd rather listen to Dokken and Ratt over Metallica any day of the week, and that's the bottom line.

MetallicaTV.

No, not by a long shot. They have their own unique sound and energy and aside from that three album abortion they put out, ive loved everything. I even did love Until it sleeps and would gladly trade it for Unforgiven. I can't stand that damn song.

Anyway, I find Dokken, Ratt and most of those poser hair bands to be generic shit and aside from a small few, most of it is absent from my music collection, which is approaching 6,000 albums and cds.

I will admit to.owning some.WASP

That's up to you shorty!

but really f**k this band after the 80s

f**k hair metal

also testament is a 2nd rate metallica

and just for good measure, um, f**k dream theater.

Give it up metallica are a joke. Their lead guitar player can't even play the band's own riffs. The drummer can't keep simple time!

• Like 1

MetallicaTV.

He's just having a little fun, even he knows that 90's Metallica is absolute garbage.

Metallica is one of my favorite bands! They are not a joke Treeduck!

Maybe not to you but to me they certainly are.

Why do you think they are a joke?

Bad songs, poor musicianship, fake heaviness, they're like a bad metal parody band to me. I got Master of Puppets when it came out in 1986 and I wanted to like it but it just didn't happen. I ended up burying it in the far field. I had to have it gone from my sight it bothered me...