New Metallica song out !

toscanobarga

Metallica is one of my favorite bands! They are not a joke Treeduck!

Maybe not to you but to me they certainly are.

Why do you think they are a joke?

Bad songs, poor musicianship, fake heaviness, they're like a bad metal parody band to me. I got Master of Puppets when it came out in 1986 and I wanted to like it but it just didn't happen. I ended up burying it in the far field. I had to have it gone from my sight it bothered me...

There songs are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad songs, poor musicianship, fake heaviness, they're like a bad metal parody band to me. I got Master of Puppets when it came out in 1986 and I wanted to like it but it just didn't happen. I ended up burying it in the far field. I had to have it gone from my sight it bothered me...

Not to my ears.

One of the best bands ever!!

Not since the 80s.....it all went Pete Tong with the Black Album...Nothing else Matters...urgh!

And that seems to be the song that a lot of these crappy "classic rock" radio stations play.

Not since the 80s.....it all went Pete Tong with the Black Album...Nothing else Matters...urgh!

And that seems to be the song that a lot of these crappy "classic rock" radio stations play.

yeah...ugh

It's interesting hearing you mention MOP....I remember when it came out not liking the guitar tone, as I thought RTL was sonically brilliant, but I have revised my opinion over the years...If I were to put my finger on it, it would be the fact that the bass is buried in the mix, thus the guitars lack a certain bottom end.

I started listening to Metallica after the Black Album. Overall, a great band. Take chances, screw the fans. What's more rock and roll than that?

There's about a billion other things more rock and roll than Meh-tallica.

yeah...ugh

It's interesting hearing you mention MOP....I remember when it came out not liking the guitar tone, as I thought RTL was sonically brilliant, but I have revised my opinion over the years...If I were to put my finger on it, it would be the fact that the bass is buried in the mix, thus the guitars lack a certain bottom end.

Didn't they mix the bass completely off of ...And Justice for All?

• Like 1

yeah...ugh

I just couldn't get into it. And I thought I'd listen to it again the other week with it being 30 years so I had blast on youtube, but it all came back to me, sounded just as bad as ever.

I started listening to Metallica after the Black Album. Overall, a great band. Take chances, screw the fans. What's more rock and roll than that?

Did you come up with that yourself? It's pretty funny.

• Like 1

Did you come up with that yourself? It's pretty funny.

Yeah I made that one up, as far as I know. Although it's likely someone else has thought of it and used it elsewhere.

yeah...ugh

Yes, it was the ridiculous descision to "haze" Jason Newsted, as if it was his fault Cliff died....the album really suffered because of it.

yeah...ugh

Yes, it was the ridiculous descision to "haze" Jason Newsted, as if it was his fault Cliff died....the album really suffered because of it.

Is that why he left the band?

yeah...ugh

He left the band because the treated him like crap. At least that's the impression I got watching the documentary. They are a-holes, but I do like their music.

• Like 1

yeah...ugh

He left the band because the treated him like crap. At least that's the impression I got watching the documentary. They are a-holes, but I do like their music.

I wonder why the other guy joined/stays then? Money?

Edited by treeduck

yeah...ugh

They gave the new bassist one million dollars up front when they asked him to join.

yeah...ugh

They gave the new bassist one million dollars up front when they asked him to join.

That's the guy who was hired to re-record the bass on the first two Ozzy albums isn't he?

• Like 1

yeah...ugh

That's the guy who was hired to re-record the bass on the first two Ozzy albums isn't he?

Yep. He's obviously a whore.

• Like 1

yeah...ugh

They've restored the originals with the latest reissues thankfully.

• Like 1

I like Metallica, but have to agree with Treeduck on the fake heaviness. The band doesn't seem to like metal anymore these days, but got back to their old formula once they realized it was the only way to carry on. But the agressiveness of their early years is clearly not there anymore.

I missed the chance of seeing them live in 1989, and since then Hetfield has changed his banters with the crowd, from "hell yeah, motherfcukers" to "are you having fun my friends?". No way I'm paying to see that.

Not to my ears.

I really respect this.

Good on you for being vocal! Especially ad I know how devoted you are to music.

A bit like me and Pink Floyd haha

• Like 1

yeah...ugh

never heard infectious grooves or suicidal tendencies? trujillo's a great bassist, he's just made nothing but bad career moves (musically, not monetarily) since around 1992 or so... he certainly lacks integrity though, as do his bandmates

I'll always love the first 3 metallica and considering kill em all is basically the thrash blueprint, I can't agree with their "fake heaviness" but their phony "return to roots" of the past decade is so obviously forced and awkward sounding. I almost have more respect for st anger despite it being completely awful, but its at least unique and not pretending like it's still 1987
  • Like 2

I didn't like it honestly. I suppose my tastes have changed, I would have loved to hear this a couple of years ago. I hope I like the rest of the album. The album cover is alright.