Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

Chris Rea

Survivor.

Shame i get mostly Crickets here mentioning Rea.  Some of you are missing something special.

and i been  playing survivor cause i need something breezy and fun.

Mick

• Like 1

I wouldn’t call it an obsession or a band, but two of the new songs Miley Cyrus put out this year have been living rent free in my head every morning for the last two weeks: Jaded and Rose Colored Lenses

• Like 2

^ Have been listening to Creed lately too. A dangerous admission in some parts, as they had an underserved bad reputation. Granted they produced some schlock that got overplayed. That being said, Tremonti is a true beast and more importantly, has a unique and recognizable style. I like Stapp's voice way more than Myles Kennedy's. Call them PJ knockoffs, but I'll put them on before I put on PJ.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wandering Hermit said:

^ Have been listening to Creed lately too. A dangerous admission in some parts, as they had an underserved bad reputation. Granted they produced some schlock that got overplayed. That being said, Tremonti is a true beast and more importantly, has a unique and recognizable style. I like Stapp's voice way more than Myles Kennedy's. Call them PJ knockoffs, but I'll put them on before I put on PJ.

about myles.  I used to enjoy his voice more than i do know.  Somewhere along the way.  he decided nose singing sounded good.

AB's discography is real hit or miss for me.

Also.....i love PJ's first 3 albums then..........:zzz::zzz:

Mick

12 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

about myles.  I used to enjoy his voice more than i do know.  Somewhere along the way.  he decided nose singing sounded good.

AB's discography is real hit or miss for me.

Also.....i love PJ's first 3 albums then..........:zzz::zzz:

Mick

The only Alter Bridge album that is a miss for me is The Last Hero. I pretty much love everything else. As for the changes in Myles voice, he probably had to switch things up as he got older and his voice changed. As long as he doesn't end up sounding like a goblin on their deathbed like Rob Halford does when singing Painkiller these days I don't have any problems with Myles voice.

5 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

The only Alter Bridge album that is a miss for me is The Last Hero. I pretty much love everything else. As for the changes in Myles voice, he probably had to switch things up as he got older and his voice changed. As long as he doesn't end up sounding like a goblin on their deathbed like Rob Halford does when singing Painkiller these days I don't have any problems with Myles voice.

He has said his live vocals are the way they are to help preserve his voice.

Which slightly bugs me, I wish he would write songs that fit his natural voice in a live setting better. Because he belts a lot these days, whereas early AB and The Mayfield Four, his vocal choices were more balanced and nuanced. And his solo albums...I cant say I've been impressed with the production, his voice is always so overly produced. Which is odd as the songs sound suited to a more grounded, intimate production.

I genuinely feel Tremonti has the better voice now. I love his studio work and his live vocals. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

To be fair Rob has always sounded like that when he sings painkiller 

• Like 2

Listening to a lot of Alter Bridge, Creed, Pearl Jam and Masterplan

Love me some big fat rock anthems

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

He has said his live vocals are the way they are to help preserve his voice.

Which slightly bugs me, I wish he would write songs that fit his natural voice in a live setting better. Because he belts a lot these days, whereas early AB and The Mayfield Four, his vocal choices were more balanced and nuanced. And his solo albums...I cant say I've been impressed with the production, his voice is always so overly produced. Which is odd as the songs sound suited to a more grounded, intimate production.

I genuinely feel Tremonti has the better voice now. I love his studio work and his live vocals. 

I will be seeing Alter Bridge next week so I will get to hear Myles voice in person. I guess I will be able to judge how much I like his current live voice better after that. They haven't been here since AB III. So it's been a long time since I have seen them live. They were supposed to come here in 2020 but everything got cancelled. I'm glad it seems that maybe their management remembered that and got them a show here this time around. I know they don't mess with the setlist too much but this is the first show of this leg of the tour. So I wonder if anything will be different.

Mike Portnoy Calls New Avenged Sevenfold's Album a 'Masterpiece': 'THAT is the True Meaning of PROGRESSive'

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/mike_portnoy_calls_new_avenged_sevenfolds_album_a_masterpiece_that_is_the_true_meaning_of_progressive.html

7 hours ago, treeduck said:

And especially the song "Eye of the Tiger" yeah?

I love Survivor...but I never liked that song. I only gave them a chance because I saw some people here praise their actual albums.

Stone Sour.

I will admit, I've never been the HUGEST Slipknot fan. In fact these days what I do like of Slipknot kinda sounds closer to Stone Sour than early Slipknot.

Playing Stone Sour is fantastic, they are very underappreciated, and I love them a lot more than Slipknot as a whole.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I love Survivor...but I never liked that song. I only gave them a chance because I saw some people here praise their actual albums.

It's the heaviest metal song that you'll ever live to see! :pirate:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, treeduck said:

It's the heaviest metal song that you'll ever live to see! :pirate:

Shit has weight. Is that what you're saying? 

Taylor Swift

Early Lacuna Coil

Listening to LC in their early days, I can't help but feel they have lost their soul somewhere along the road. Or it could just be that the lineup from HalfLife EP through to Broken Crown Halo just had the vest studio vibes.

I miss them. Struggling with their current evolution kinda leaves me aching a little.

• Like 1