I enjoy these 5!

I have to say I am in love with the British music scene right now:

Biffy Clyro

Bring Me The Horizon

Young Guns

Mallory Knox

Royal Blood

I enjoy these 5!

I highly recommend Fightstar (Biffy meets Deftones meets Muse (try Be Human (Deluxe Edition)). As Lions are awesome. Debut came out this year and the lead singer is the son of Bruce Dickinson.

The Amazons are a highly promising new indie band.

But off my list I think you'd love Fightstar. They are British scene heroes.

• Like 1

I have to say I am in love with the British music scene right now:

Biffy Clyro

Bring Me The Horizon

Young Guns

Mallory Knox

Royal Blood

I enjoy these 5!

I highly recommend Fightstar (Biffy meets Deftones meets Muse (try Be Human (Deluxe Edition)). As Lions are awesome. Debut came out this year and the lead singer is the son of Bruce Dickinson.

The Amazons are a highly promising new indie band.

But off my list I think you'd love Fightstar. They are British scene heroes.

I'll have to check them out soon!

Rosetta - In a post-Isis (the band) world, I think Rosetta are the best band lumped under the "post-metal" scene that is NOT Neurosis and/or Cult of Luna and like most bands in the genre, it took me a lot of time (in this case two years) before I came to realize the beauty and charm of this band.

Elder - I gotta thank custom55 and the Sludgy Stoner Doomish stuff thread for this band cause they're fantastic and their newest album has year end list credential. Just listened to their Lore album today and it was amazing!

• Like 1

Rosetta - In a post-Isis (the band) world, I think Rosetta are the best band lumped under the "post-metal" scene that is NOT Neurosis and/or Cult of Luna and like most bands in the genre, it took me a lot of time (in this case two years) before I came to realize the beauty and charm of this band.

Elder - I gotta thank custom55 and the Sludgy Stoner Doomish stuff thread for this band cause they're fantastic and their newest album has year end list credential. Just listened to their Lore album today and it was amazing!

Reflections of a Floating World-----------------------Album of the Year.
  • Like 2

Elder and King Buffalo are playing in Brooklyn in Oct and I'm thinking of going. It's a pain to get to Saint Vitus Club but I think I'll Uber it from NJ.

Elder and King Buffalo are playing in Brooklyn in Oct and I'm thinking of going. It's a pain to get to Saint Vitus Club but I think I'll Uber it from NJ.

If I don't see Elder this go around, I'll definitely see them the next time they come by the area. I go to Vitus often (I was last there for Planning For Burial's album release show in March) so its location wouldn't be a factor in why I'd pass on seeing them in October. I'm gonna let the summer pass by a bit before I jump on the gun w/seeing Elder live. I've got a fair amount of shows lined up this summer and there's at least two bands I know are touring in the autumn but haven't release dates yet so I'm waiting on news for those first before I made a decision.
  • Like 1

If I don't see Elder this go around, I'll definitely see them the next time they come by the area. I go to Vitus often (I was last there for Planning For Burial's album release show in March) so its location wouldn't be a factor in why I'd pass on seeing them in October. I'm gonna let the summer pass by a bit before I jump on the gun w/seeing Elder live. I've got a fair amount of shows lined up this summer and there's at least two bands I know are touring in the autumn but haven't release dates yet so I'm waiting on news for those first before I made a decision.

Do you recommend driving from NJ to Vitus or mass trans ? It looks to be a 20 min walk from the nearest train and I'm not familiar with that neighborhood.

Thanks

I just remember this whole country was obsessing about the Tragically Hip last year and the government is giving them the OC. This morning I checked their accounts and they have only 401K Facebook likes and 170K Twitter followers. Hedley and Marianas Trench have more fans than them. Outside of Canada, The Hip just weren't very successful. TBH I only liked their first album.

Do you recommend driving from NJ to Vitus or mass trans ? It looks to be a 20 min walk from the nearest train and I'm not familiar with that neighborhood.

Thanks

It depends on how close you are to the NJ Transit. Since I live next to a widely used bus stop, I take the bus to the Port Authority whenever I go to NYC period even though I do drive. In the case of Vitus I take the 7 train on the subway from Port Authority and I get off at the Vernon Blvd - Jackson Av station (first stop on the 7 train in Queens/outside Manhattan) and once I'm above ground there's a bridge nearby that connects from Queens to the northernmost section of Brooklyn where Vitus is that has a pedestrian walkway that will get you to Vitus. Sometimes, especially in the summer on weekends I have to get back to Port Authority using a different route cause they close the station for maintenance. Since the show's in the fall and on a weekday, there shouldn't be a problem getting to and from Manhattan at night. This diagram should show you a rough idea on how to get there from Vernon Blvd - Jackson Av:

eocmph.png

Since the building is virtually unmarked, often times first timers can't seem to find the building but it should be easier to spot when there's a group of metal looking dudes hanging and smoking in the front of a building that's adorned in black. This is what the outside of Vitus looks like.

• Like 1

Thanks

It depends on how close you are to the NJ Transit. Since I live next to a widely used bus stop, I take the bus to the Port Authority whenever I go to NYC period even though I do drive. In the case of Vitus I take the 7 train on the subway from Port Authority and I get off at the Vernon Blvd - Jackson Av station (first stop on the 7 train in Queens/outside Manhattan) and once I'm above ground there's a bridge nearby that connects from Queens to the northernmost section of Brooklyn where Vitus is that has a pedestrian walkway that will get you to Vitus. Sometimes, especially in the summer on weekends I have to get back to Port Authority using a different route cause they close the station for maintenance. Since the show's in the fall and on a weekday, there shouldn't be a problem getting to and from Manhattan at night. This diagram should show you a rough idea on how to get there from Vernon Blvd - Jackson Av:

eocmph.png

Since the building is virtually unmarked, often times first timers can't seem to find the building but it should be easier to spot when there's a group of metal looking dudes hanging and smoking in the front of a building that's adorned in black. This is what the outside of Vitus looks like.

thanks. I'm there

Twenty One Pilots

I really couldn't care less what anyone thinks when half the stuff they listen too I personally think is pure crap. I juat dont feel the need to constantly point it out.

count me in on your opinion^^^. I'm a big fan of Twenty One Pilots right now.

I can't trust anyone with music opinions who think the utterly boring RHCP are good

Edited by DistantEarlySignals
  • Like 1

Twenty One Pilots

I really couldn't care less what anyone thinks when half the stuff they listen too I personally think is pure crap. I juat dont feel the need to constantly point it out.

count me in on your opinion^^^. I'm a big fan of Twenty One Pilots right now.

I can't trust anyone with music opinions who think the utterly boring RHCP are good

I saw them last year and they were phenomenal. Blurryface is one of my favourite albums currently!

• Like 1

Graham Parker.'

My days easily one the best musical discoveries i've made in a long time.

not a bad album. weaker ones. but literally no bad ones.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Blink-182. I've always liked their radio singles but never have actually owned an album, I will be getting on iTunes tonight. Plus I'm slightly crushing on Travis right now :heart: And they will be playing in my city in September and I'm going to try my best to go.
  • Like 2

Went to a Don Felder, Styx, REO Speedwagon concert really just to see REO.

I left the amphitheater with a copy of Styx's "The Mission"

I love Styx.

• Like 1