Best Solo Beatle

Union 5-3992

Best Solo Beatle  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which Beatle Wrote The Best Post Beatles Music?

• George Harrison
    • John Lennon
    • Paul McCartney
    • Ringo Starr

I'd say it's a very difficult choice between George and Paul. All Things Must Pass is my all time favorite Solo Beatles record, but I really like only 2-3 Harrison records beyond that. While Paul doesn't have my favorite album, he has written more really good ones (in my opinion) so I'd pick him.

Best for me post Beatles is George. More interesting to me. Ringo had some hits but we're almost novelty songs. Paul too pop or not enough energy for me. John was hit and miss.

Guess what! Surprise, surprise, I'm going with John Lennon.

His solo career started off with an incredible one, two punch. Then he became a political mouthpiece. Then he lost his way. Then he found his way back.

Cold Turkey

Instant Karma

Mother

I Found Out

Love

Crippled Inside

Gimme Some Truth

How?

Mind Games

Out the Blue

#9 Dream

Stand By Me

Watching the Wheels

Nobody Told Me

I don't know about you, but I find that an impressive group of songs.

Paul reached incredible heights as a solo artist. So maybe I should go with him. The man is artistically fearless.

George, after All Things Must Pass, was hit and miss. His mid-1970s albums are murky with some gems included. His solo career was book-ended with his best albums. Brainwashed is really good. The Traveling Wilburys are simply fun.

Ringo recorded "Photograph". I love it. Ringo is a really good pop album. Goodnight Vienna is also good.

Yeah, it's still John for me.

• Like 1

George released the best album. But it wasn't until the Cloud 9 he got back to making great albums. John occasionally showed what he was capable of doing early on. Whatever Gets You Through The Night might be the best song any of them released. But Double Fantasy, sadly, was his best complete album. We won't know what he could have done if he had truly decided to lose the avant garde rebel persona. Ringo, had a few great songs, as he did WITH the band.

For me it's Paul. Other than Band on the Run and Venus and Mars his albums in the 70s were spotty. My favorite albums are Tug of War, which was inspired by John's death, and Flowers in the Dirt, where he let Elvis Costello work on the songs.

For me.....George. he had a string of great albums. much more consistent too..

Commercial standpoint it's Paul........he wrote my fav beatle solo album.....Ram

John had Plastic Ono band but solo he's way overrated and his death cast his solo work in a golden light.

Ringo.......i don't care.

but again for me it's George.

Mick

George, for All Things Must Pass just by itself. (It's not just one LP, it's three!).

And he released some great things after that, too.

George, for All Things Must Pass just by itself. (It's not just one LP, it's three!).

And he released some great things after that, too.

Paul has actually been on a streak since Run Devil Run. Maybe George would have done the same with Cloud 9, Brainwashed . . .