John v. John v. John

JJJ  

30 members have voted

1. 1. John?

Which John who plays bass do you prefer? John Deacon of Queen, John Paul Jones of Led Zep, or John Entwhistle of The Who?

I voted Deacy, for obvious reasons. I especially love how much he added small unnoticed bits in the background that you never hear till you thought you already knew the song, but those parts were always amazing.
  • Like 1

Wow, I was thinking the vote would be a bit more even. Maybe with some more time.

john myung :smoke:

I'm taking a liking to Entwistle! I never listened to The Who until this weekend. I've been missing out.

Edited by Day of Light
  • Like 2

john myung :smoke:

I'm taking a liking to Entwistle! I never listened to The Who until this weekend. I've been missing out.

Enjoy your listening time! You will find The Who has much to explore and enjoy. They are one of my top favorites and one of the best groups ever.

Love all three

And John Wetton...there's another bass playing John for you...oh, and John Glascock from Jethro Tull

• Like 2

Ox would probably be my top bass player so I voted for him. But it was tough not to vote for Jonesy.

John Deacon is such an underrated musician and an incredibly gifted songwriter.

http://static.queenonline.com.s3.amazonaws.com/cms_page_media/1257/deaky_resize_720_360.jpg

Couldn't agree with you more. I find all three of these guys to be excellent bassists with remarkable similarities in style and role, but Deacy just takes the cake for me with his so many so easily unnoticed moments of genius. Some of my favs of his are on ADATR I would say. That trio of Long Away, The Millionaire Waltz, and You and I is just filled with some of his most gorgeous playing, and with some extra breathing room to boot.

• Like 2