Rush- Metal or not?

Eel Yddeg

So?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Is Rush Metal?

• Yes
    • Some Songs, but not as a whole
    • No

You know when a thread devolves into name calling and personal attacks about opinions it's time to hang it up.

Well, this thread was doomed regardless of how sincere the question was.

Yeah but it seems like so many threads turn out this way regardless of the original subject.

"Seems like" but not truly. I've visited a dozen+ threads in the last half hour and none of them have become name calling arenas.

I'm just talking about since I've been a member here. I've seen it happen so many times and it just gets worse when there's no tour or album coming up. Now that they're retired it's just stayed that way. The most innocuous threads sink to name calling.

I'm talking about the big picture.

What percentage of threads got to name calling? 50%? 20%? 10%? No, probably not even 5%. Are 5 threads out of 100 a lot? I don't know if it is. I do know that there are fewer instances of name calling than 10 years ago.

You're overthinking this. :LOL:

Not really.

I'm telling you you're finding too many negative points and forgetting all the normal, non-name calling conversations you've had and have read on here.

This place wouldn't have survived this long if it were as gloomy as it's sometimes painted.

I think shes only reading threads where Tony gets mad. Or appears at all.

I obviously don't read every thread on here but there has been a lot of negativity going on for the past year or so. There's a good reason that so many people have left.

Yes but there are so many new people that have come to the forum. Some have even returned from long droughts. Its just the nature of the internet.

Oh really? I hadn't noticed too many new people.

You know when a thread devolves into name calling and personal attacks about opinions it's time to hang it up.

Yeah but it seems like so many threads turn out this way regardless of the original subject.

"Seems like" but not truly. I've visited a dozen+ threads in the last half hour and none of them have become name calling arenas.

I'm just talking about since I've been a member here. I've seen it happen so many times and it just gets worse when there's no tour or album coming up. Now that they're retired it's just stayed that way. The most innocuous threads sink to name calling.

What percentage of threads got to name calling? 50%? 20%? 10%? No, probably not even 5%. Are 5 threads out of 100 a lot? I don't know if it is. I do know that there are fewer instances of name calling than 10 years ago.

Not really.

I'm telling you you're finding too many negative points and forgetting all the normal, non-name calling conversations you've had and have read on here.

This place wouldn't have survived this long if it were as gloomy as it's sometimes painted.

I obviously don't read every thread on here but there has been a lot of negativity going on for the past year or so. There's a good reason that so many people have left.

Yes but there are so many new people that have come to the forum. Some have even returned from long droughts. Its just the nature of the internet.

I have.

And I returned from a long drought (about a year and a half) last summer.

Not really.

I have.

And I returned from a long drought (about a year and a half) last summer.

Okay if you say so. :)

After all the words I have read here I still do not think Rush are metal.

But diamonds are harder than iron.....

They arent. But they have aspects of the form. To deny their influence on metal seems near sighted to me.

No one cany deny it; it's since the days of Robert Johnson that everyone influence someone else.

Not really.

:ph34r: ................ What am I chopped liver? :LOL:

• Like 1

Not really.

Who are the "so many good people" that have left?

It seems to me that you are looking for the worst here. I find it ironic that someone so concerned about "negativity" sounds rather negative about everything here.

• Like 2

What has Queen got to do with this discussion about Rush?

While I am at it: Metallica is more metal. So are Saxon, and Opeth.

• Like 1

Queen II-Ogre Battle.

more metal then anything Rush ever did.

What a track

Mick

The problem with the world is that everyone does not have a brain, but everyone does have an opinion.

Queen II-Ogre Battle.

What a track

Mick

Dont sleep on Stone Cold Crazy

You know

YES!!!!!

Man Queen was more Metal.

Mick

Son And Daughter, Modern Times Rock N Roll, and Gimmie the Prize make Ogre Battle look lightweight.

Not really.

Who are the "so many good people" that have left?

It seems to me that you are looking for the worst here. I find it ironic that someone so concerned about "negativity" sounds rather negative about everything here.

That doesn't make a lot of sense. I was just commenting on how it seems like there is a lot of name-calling and disrespect on this forum. Compared to what I'm used to, that is. And yes I do know that there are much worse ones than this. I'm not trying to be negative at all. I'm just making an observation and I think it's sad.

Edited by EagleMoon

Queen II-Ogre Battle.

What a track

Mick

Dont sleep on Stone Cold Crazy

You know

YES!!!!!

Man Queen was more Metal.

Mick

Son And Daughter, Modern Times Rock N Roll, and Gimmie the Prize make Ogre Battle look lightweight.

well i can't agree on lightweight. but they're ALL metal.

Queen was legit in the early days.

Mick

http://i64.tinypic.com/2rqyfci.jpg

More proof RUSH was at a point in their career Metal. End of thread.

Rush should be on the far right column since they passed a noble gas.

Still can't see the validity of bringing Queen up in this thread.

Yes, that really made a fair point on the topic of Rush.

Queen II-Ogre Battle.

What a track

Mick

The problem with the world is that everyone does not have a brain, but everyone does have an opinion.

Whats your excuse?

My excuse for you?

Genetic defect? Inbreeding?

Queen II-Ogre Battle.

What a track

Mick

Whats your excuse?

My excuse for you?

You are the one who's British!!

;)

Queen II-Ogre Battle.

What a track

Mick

Whats your excuse?

My excuse for you?

You are the one who's British!!

;)

Thank goodness I only live here.

South African/Dutch blood ftw!

• Like 1

Queen, Dragon Attack, oh yeahh. nothing to do with metal probably, just popped in my mind (or whatever it is i have)

by the way, Rush are about as metal as Cheap Trick :)

mann, Brian May was awesome. only rock guitarist i'd put in same bracket as Al in the imagination department.

Edited by lifeson90
  • Like 2