Rush- Metal or not?

Eel Yddeg

So?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Is Rush Metal?

• Yes
    • Some Songs, but not as a whole
    • No

Yes you can rest easy in your beds tonight RUSH fanatics, RUSH are indeed METAL!! :haz: :haz: :haz:

Now why didn't i start a thread like this? :smoke:

Absolutely Duck!!!

RUSH IS METAL!!!!

The people who waver on this reality are the ones who are probably into WHAM! and CULTURE CLUB!

Bastille Day, Anthem definitely

But even then they had a lot of craft and subtlety to them

On balance I would not say Rush were ever a "metal" band. But they had the ability to be if they wished.

I think in the early days perhaps, but they have always been a "progressive rock" power trio IMO

Geddy definitely had the power and range of any metal singer out there and Alex had the sound and ability. But Neil's drumming was always more intricate and cultured than any metal drummer.

Just my opinion

Steve

I voted "some songs but not as a whole" and to be honest I even felt funny voting that. Why? Because even those songs would probably not qualify as metal these days in the same way most people would not call Led Zeppelin metal these days or Thin Lizzy's "the boys are back in town" metal. The closest Rush ever got to metal imo were a few songs on their very first album and overture and the temples of syrinx. Not much else. Some other stuff is very heavy but it's more like heavy prog and not what we would call prog metal these days. All IMO of course.

I voted "some songs but not as a whole" and to be honest I even felt funny voting that. Why? Because even those songs would probably not qualify as metal these days in the same way most people would not call Led Zeppelin metal these days or Thin Lizzy's "the boys are back in town" metal. The closest Rush ever got to metal imo were a few songs on their very first album and overture and the temples of syrinx. Not much else. Some other stuff is very heavy but it's more like heavy prog and not what we would call prog metal these days. All IMO of course.

Anthem is Metal IMO. Especially that live version from Different Stages. Anthrax covered it recently.

Ozzy's Boneyard isn't a metal station. They play Zep, they play AC/DC, they play Van Halen, they play Queen.

Ozzy' Boneyard is a metal station, classic heavy metal and hard rock is in the official description.