Any thoughts on Joe Bonamossa

Rhyta

I just watched some his show at Red Rocks and he is good. I have a relative that is going to see him this month at Carnegie Hall. Just wanted to see what others here think of him

He is a FANTASTIC blues and rock guitarist, one of my very favorites. We've got a thread for him buried somewhere in MotS, but damn I love this guy.

You and Me, John Henry, and Different Shades Of Blue are three contemporary blues albums worth listening to over and over again.

If you're trying to get into him, the best place to start is probably his Royal Albert Hall concert from 2009 or buying one of the three albums I mentioned above. But you really can't go wrong with live Joe.

• Like 2

He is a FANTASTIC blues and rock guitarist, one of my very favorites. We've got a thread for him buried somewhere in MotS, but damn I love this guy.

You and Me, John Henry, and Different Shades Of Blue are three contemporary blues albums worth listening to over and over again.

If you're trying to get into him, the best place to start is probably his Royal Albert Hall concert from 2009 or buying one of the three albums I mentioned above. But you really can't go wrong with live Joe.

I've been watching some YouTube tonight and have been impressed with what I saw. John Henry was one of the clips and then I found some ones with him and Eric Clapton :o and Jethro Tull even :cool: .

He's a great player. The first time I saw him in concert he was still a kid and touring with his group Bloodline. I agree that the Royal Albert Hall concert DVD is a great one to introduce you to his music.
  • Like 2

He's a great player. The first time I saw him in concert he was still a kid and touring with his group Bloodline. I agree that the Royal Albert Hall concert DVD is a great one to introduce you to his music.

If I had to pick on DVD to use to introduce people to him, it would be the RAH DVD, as well.

• Like 2

If I had to pick on DVD to use to introduce people to him, it would be the RAH DVD, as well.

:goodone: The version of Sloe Gin from RAH is one of the best guitar songs of all time, ever, in the history of forever.

• Like 3

Was he in Black Country Communion?

I loved that band back in the day (not that long ago).

• Like 2

Was he in Black Country Communion?

I loved that band back in the day (not that long ago).

Yes! Excellent band that also had Glenn Hughes, Jason Bonham and Derek Sherinian. I think he and Glenn Hughes had clashing personalities, so they broke up. Then, Bonamassa told them they couldn't work under the name Black Country Communion. Or something drama-queenish like that. I've been pretty peeved at Bonamassa since that and since tickets to his shows all of a sudden doubled after the BCC releases.

Edited by sullysue
  • Like 3

He's got lots of fans here in TRF. BowlCity and I are probably two of his bigger fans.

Cough, cough!

I've been a fan of his for over 10 yrs and have seen him live several times.

He's fantastic live, jaw-droppingly good.

• Like 5

I've seen him many times. He is a great player and puts together great backup bands.

And his last name is spelled Bonamassa. ;)

Oops! it was late, sorry :blush:

• Like 2

I love him. Have all of his solo albums and loved his work in Black Country Communion.

He has a new album out in March (Blues Of Desperation) and the new trailer for it (look it up on YouTube) looks awesome. Can't wait.

I heard a clip of the title track last night, sounds really good. thanks everyone for clue-ing me in!

Seen him play Cardiff last year.. he/they sounded great but the stage set was pretty spartan and the neon LED lighting they seem to favour these days takes some getting used to. Edited by Fred Star