Do you think any member of Rush has ever checked out these forums?

AnEggplant

Only tech savvy people can manage about TRF

An old high school pic of me, pre-internet. I was so tech savvy even in the 80s that I nearly started World War 3.

http://www.monkeytownhq.com/images/wargames.jpg

You can see my old high school flame in there too. But she dumped me soon after, became a basket case, then started dating some jock wrestler. Don't you forget about me.

That movie was awesome, I still remember the Apple 2 game at the beginning with the ice wizard or something like that.

• Like 2

An old high school pic of me, pre-internet. I was so tech savvy even in the 80s that I nearly started World War 3.

You can see my old high school flame in there too. But she dumped me soon after, became a basket case, then started dating some jock wrestler. Don't you forget about me.

That movie was awesome, I still remember the Apple 2 game at the beginning with the ice wizard or something like that.

"Movie"?

;)

Best line: "I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd help."

She didn't like the way you played Chess.

http://www.captainleisuretees.com/i/s_p/l__wargamesglobalthermonucleart-shirt.jpg

Footnote: Does the ability to double-quote qualify one as tech-savvy?

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

This is how I imagine 99% of this forum:

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/37603094.jpg

• Like 6

I really started a trend with this tech savy thing. :laughing yellow guy:

That's the spirit! Some might say "starting a trend", others might go with "ripping on you". ;)

Yes, I suppose that is a more accurate description. :P

Mike Portnoy regularly contributed to his own forum back in the day, might still do. Quite a few decent musicians contribute to threads about themselves in Musician's forums, Gavin Harrison certainly did for a long while

Gavin still posts regularly in his thread on drummerworld.com.

• Like 1

A few years back on the Counterparts board there was a poster under the moniker of Kroy Wen who got involved in a brief discussion with some guy (mechanic or something similar) and it was widely believed it was Neil himself as he was privy to some pretty confidential info that would have been hard to get hold of.

He/she wasn't Neil.

It was the "JoesMechanic" saga a few years ago. Michael Mosbach got deeply involved too and resulted in much hilarity for those of us not averse to pushing buttons.

Unfortunately that's all been lost when the board went down a few years ago. The JoesMechanic guy also had a thread here too.

Yes, Michael certainly knows about this board and he likes our Forum. So I would guess he told Neil at least, but probably all three of the boys about TRF.

Well just in case they do, I'm going to err on the side of caution and say...

I'm sorry Neil, please...enjoy your time off.

Edited by fraroc

Kroy Wen was Neil's wife.

Why do you think that?

There was a lot of speculation about it at the time. Kroy Wen claimed to be close to Neil and could have been Carrie but I don't think so. Besides the moniker suggests a New Yorker.

Whoever it was was close to Mosbach and there was a girl I knew on Counterparts who got close to Mosbach and was from New York which suggested that whilst Mosbach was based in LA he had connections in NY.

We knew she was female, and we knew she was with Neil at the birthday party for Freddie Gruber.

Then this year I found out the (now ex)drummer for my new band was working for DW in LA at the time and was also at that party. He saw Neil and his wife but never spoke to them.

The moniker wasnt ust New York backwards. There's a movie called "The Last Seduction" which the woman uses that name while in hiding. I pm'd her about it during the mechanic thread and also called her on being Neil's wife. She said yes to both.

Edited by edhunter

We knew she was female, and we knew she was with Neil at the birthday party for Freddie Gruber.

Then this year I found out the (now ex)drummer for my new band was working for DW in LA at the time and was also at that party. He saw Neil and his wife but never spoke to them.

Yes, we know Carrie was there but it's unlikely that Mosbach would attend without a plus one.

I remember from the Rolling Stone article they seemed aware of what others posted online but it was likely from Twitter or someplace.

During the show, Lee introduced the Permanent Waves track "Jacob's Ladder" as "a song we've never played live." "Ged is never wrong," says his brother — but in this case he was, flagrantly so: Not only had Rush played the song, as fans instantly pointed out online, it's on a live LP, 1981's Exit . . . Stage Left. Lee can't quite believe he made this flub; perched on a couch, he begins looking up Rush trivia on his phone. "I f***ed up," he says, eventually. "I have no memory of ever playing 'Jacob's Ladder.' "

Lifeson takes on the voice of an aggrieved fan: "I f***ing hate these guys! They're liars!"

I suggest that Lee continue to tell crowds that they've never played the song, just to drive the fans nuts. He warms to the idea. "I should say, 'People are insisting we played this before — they're full of shit!' "

Lifeson does a Cartman-as-Geddy voice: "I'm Geddy Lee, and if I say we didn't play it before, we didn't play it before!"

• Like 1

I remember from the Rolling Stone article they seemed aware of what others posted online but it was likely from Twitter or someplace.

During the show, Lee introduced the Permanent Waves track "Jacob's Ladder" as "a song we've never played live." "Ged is never wrong," says his brother — but in this case he was, flagrantly so: Not only had Rush played the song, as fans instantly pointed out online, it's on a live LP, 1981's Exit . . . Stage Left. Lee can't quite believe he made this flub; perched on a couch, he begins looking up Rush trivia on his phone. "I f***ed up," he says, eventually. "I have no memory of ever playing 'Jacob's Ladder.' "

Lifeson takes on the voice of an aggrieved fan: "I f***ing hate these guys! They're liars!"

I suggest that Lee continue to tell crowds that they've never played the song, just to drive the fans nuts. He warms to the idea. "I should say, 'People are insisting we played this before — they're full of shit!' "

Lifeson does a Cartman-as-Geddy voice: "I'm Geddy Lee, and if I say we didn't play it before, we didn't play it before!"

Perhaps they have then! That's really funny! :laughing guy:

Wasn't Geddy on some forum/group at one time? I seem to remember someone posting about it.

I seriously doubt it

But obviously you don't know that for sure. I'll have to ask around and see what I can find out.

I can't remember the forum either, but he would answer certain questions. It was pre-Twitter.

That's kind of what I remember but not specifics.

I was a member of the My Favorite Headache site back when that album came out. Could also be found at geddylee.net I think. Anyway, it must've been July 29th, 2000, forum members wrote comments wishing him a happy birthday and such. A day or two later he replied saying that he read all the comments (which he easily could've done since there were only maybe 100 or so posts with about 1-3 sentences per member). He did NOT reply to EVERYONE, just one general message. But he was very gracious. Remember, this was a time when he thought Rush was dead AND he was prepping for that one man promo tour of his to record shops.

((Edited to add: I vaguely remember a time when Geddy answered a few select questions. I don't remember if it was the MFH site or not though. Andrew McNaughton [R.I.P.] did so on the Counterparts site at one point)).

Yes - the questions were on the My Favorite Headache forum too. He answered maybe 15-20 of them and gave pretty lengthy detailed answers too. I bet the archives are long gone :( And I joined after he had stopped responding :/

• Like 1