Do you think any member of Rush has ever checked out these forums?

AnEggplant

For their sakes, I hope not. Being in the public eye is one thing, but having everything you do relentlessly dissected would be rough sometimes.
  • Like 3

They don't strike me as the most tech savy people

Really? With all the juggling with bass/keyboards/foot pedals/vocals that Geddy does, you don't think he is? Plus, he's admittedly a tinkerer so I'm guessing at least he's very capable.

About visiting TRF...

On tour, Lifeson spends time playing golf with some of the road crew. One of those road crew members has a second cousin whose neighbor's friend knows a guy that posted on here ONCE ten years ago. Sure, the post only consisted of this: :)

but this means that Rush are deeply involved in this board.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 3

Really? With all the juggling with bass/keyboards/foot pedals/vocals that Geddy does, you don't think he is? Plus, he's admittedly a tinkerer so I'm guessing at least he's very capable.

About visiting TRF...

On tour, Lifeson spends time playing golf with some of the road crew. One of those road crew members has a second cousin whose neighbor's friend knows a guy that posted on here ONCE ten years ago. Sure, the post only consisted of this: :)

They are musical tech savy, but as far as the internet and social media are concerned not so much. At least that's the impression I get.

Edited by AnEggplant

About visiting TRF...

They are musical tech savy, but as far as the internet and social media are concerned not so much. At least that's the impression I get.

Come on, the band who wrote and recorded Virtuality not tech savvy? :wtf:

• Like 1

Yea, but they got banned

A few years back, Alex was on a bad high and signed up under the monicker Melodic777 to troll folks on Ged's bass tone. Got run off pretty quick. Neil's an occasional visitor ...calls himself Segue-something, as I recall. Other than that...nah, they steer clear.
  • Like 3

Seriously, I would think there would be interest from management and promotion that would definitely look at discussion forums ..

It would be surprising if there weren't

We now have credit cards with microchips now to track purchases, and all kinds of expensive technology that wants to know how better to sell their product to you

The forums online are GIVING this info out

Maybe not Geddy, Alex and Neil, but I would bet my bag of Tate's chocolate cookies that people involved in the band DO check this site

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

Based upon the fact they have clearly taken fan polling into account with some songs on their recent set lists, it's obvious that someone connected to them is looking from time-to-time. Probably across all the major boards.

I would doubt they personally bother, though. Not unless they are truly masochists.

All that said, one time many years ago, on a completely unrelated forum I frequented, a fairly well known athlete was discovered and outed trolling a board related to their team and league. This was, though, in the very early days of the publicly available internet. One would think people would have learned something since then.....

:scared:

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime

About visiting TRF...

I wouldn't call "tech savvy" as being able to post in threads about Geddy watching baseball (as I just did) or arguing the merits of their 90s albums. But, okay.

Seriously, I would think there would be interest from management and promotion that would definitely look at discussion forums ..

It would be surprising if there weren't

We now have credit cards with microchips now to track purchases, and all kinds of expensive technology that wants to know how better to sell their product to you

The forums online are GIVING this info out

Maybe not Geddy, Alex and Neil, but I would bet my bag of Tate's chocolate cookies that people involved in the band DO check this site

:yes: Jacob's Ladder. 'Nuff said.
  • Like 1

About visiting TRF...

It doesn't exactly require an engineering degree to do a Google search on yourself. And if I were them, I think I'd have to check out a forum like this at least once out of curiosity.

• Like 1

About visiting TRF...

It doesn't exactly require an engineering degree to do a Google search on yourself. And if I were them, I think I'd have to check out a forum like this at least once out of curiosity.

I just meant that they may not care much for social media, including this forum. I would certainly like to think they've checked it out though.

For their sakes, I hope not. Being in the public eye is one thing, but having everything you do relentlessly dissected would be rough sometimes.

There was a discussion One time over in the Geddy is Hot thread about what they would think about the comments about their pictures. Mostly the consensus was that they would get a good laugh out of it and probably be competitive about who got the most threads about them. I can definitely see that scenario happening, especially with Al.

• Like 1

Wasn't Geddy on some forum/group at one time? I seem to remember someone posting about it.

I seriously doubt it

But obviously you don't know that for sure. I'll have to ask around and see what I can find out.