Everything STAR WARS

Tom Sawyer

I haven't been excited about a new Star Wars flick since 1999.

I haven't LIKED a new Star Wars flick since 1983.

Didn't even like Episode III?

I loved Revenge of the Sith. More than made up for the mediocrity of Episode I and the complete and utter travesty that was Episode II.

I wanted to murder little Ani and Jar Jar in Phantom so that one was the worst. The second one wasn't "an utter travesty" to me but it was bad and boring. The third one had some good action scenes but I don't like Hayden Christiansen...he never seemed like an intimidating character, or someone that would evolve into one. AND that Darth "Noooooo" scene was so shitty I couldn't stop laughing for a couple of minutes afterwards. Part 3 was easily the best of those but still felt like a toy fest with toys I didn't care about.

If I graded them it'd be like this:

Phantom: F

Clones: D

Sith: C

• Like 1

I loved Revenge of the Sith. More than made up for the mediocrity of Episode I and the complete and utter travesty that was Episode II.

I wanted to murder little Ani and Jar Jar in Phantom so that one was the worst. The second one wasn't "an utter travesty" to me but it was bad and boring. The third one had some good action scenes but I don't like Hayden Christiansen...he never seemed like an intimidating character, or someone that would evolve into one. AND that Darth "Noooooo" scene was so shitty I couldn't stop laughing for a couple of minutes afterwards. Part 3 was easily the best of those but still felt like a toy fest with toys I didn't care about.

D C B

D C B

Led pointed me to a non-Jar Jar Episode I. I bump it up to a B. Otherwise a D

Clones: F

Sith: A

D C B

What is a "non-Jar Jar episode 1"? Some edited version without him?

D C B

Imagine Phantom Menace without the droid attack in the forest, or the trip underwater with Jar Jar. Basically any Jar Jar scenes are removed from the film, and he's only there in the background in what's left. Doesn't hurt the plot continuity at all, and it greatly improves the movie.

• Like 1

I'm considering not going to the movie at all because I'm so tired of hearing about it tbh. I saw all the originals and 2 of the prequels. I met Carrie Fisher in person and got her autograph. That's enough. I have to study for finals anyway. I'm still not done my semester. Edited by Boots

D C B

Imagine Phantom Menace without the droid attack in the forest, or the trip underwater with Jar Jar. Basically any Jar Jar scenes are removed from the film, and he's only there in the background in what's left. Doesn't hurt the plot continuity at all, and it greatly improves the movie.

Yeah, that would improve the movie. But then it's not the real Phantom Menace that was released.

Besides, it'd still have my #1 hate in it: little Ani Skywalker.

Note: I'm not one of those guys that creams over Director's Cut versions of films either. I'll reluctantly watch them at times but I don't think of them as the REAL movies. It's like those kids that call "do over" on the playground. Just play the game once, win or lose.

*this is likely my last post here as I have avoided spoilers thus far, and not seeing the movie until next week

No worries. I'll keep sending you personal messages with loads of spoliers......;)

• Like 1

I think I'm the only one on my Facebook feed who doesn't give a shit about Star Wars. I saw the originals back when they came out, but then forgot about them as the years went on. It seems almost trendy to be all Star Wars crazy within my age group( 44) .. I don't get it.
  • Like 1

I think I'm the only one on my Facebook feed who doesn't give a shit about Star Wars. I saw the originals back when they came out, but then forgot about them as the years went on. It seems almost trendy to be all Star Wars crazy within my age group( 44) .. I don't get it.

I'm 43. I understand where you're coming from. But when I stop and think about it, the hardcore geeks that keep creaming over it have been creaming since the originals in the 70s and early 80s. And they maintained their force/dark side erections with the prequels. My oldest friend (Ken, a classmate I've known since 1st grade) used to leap around during recess in the late 70s pretending he was Luke. Sound effects and all. I liked the movies a lot back then, had all the main action figures, saw those 3 flicks many times over but STILL I was nowhere near Ken's level of Star Wars adoration. He's gone from that nearly 40 years ago to changing his Facebook pic to where he's holding a light saber now. That's no trend (in his and many others' cases). That buddy dork of mine loves that shit. It's been a lifelong passion.

There are a lot of things I don't get that others lust to death (though I don't always think they're total crap): hip hop, Friends [that dreadful show], Survivor [another dreadful show], Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, One Direction, selfies,...

We don't need to get it.

• Like 1

No! I just checked my nearest cinema. There are plenty of seats available & multiple theaters at the cinema where it's showing (in English and Japanese) and all that BUT the ONLY 3D showing is in Japanese. Damn you Toho Cinemas! May Gojira crush you beneath his giant reptilian feet!

....lots of issues with the prequels but overall they are enjoyable films, except they focus too much on politics.

Many have said the same thing. In some of the deleted scenes, there was even more political intrigue, like how the Rebel Alliance was created.

However, the three prequels' main themes were how Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader, and how the Empire came into power. It was important to show just how devious Palpatine was, and how he manipulated Anakin as well as the Jedi and everyone else.

Palpatine was an awesome character. Personally, I thought they could have done even more with him. A truly classic "Evil Overlord"..... :ebert:

OK, I lied... one more, I know the official opening isn't for a few hours :)

Watching some of the talk shows (Tonight Show, Conan) I have noticed they did a few Star Wars things and conspicuously absent in every instance was Mark Hamill. I have to think this is by design, and it adds more fuel to my gut reaction after viewing the original trailer for the first time.

....lots of issues with the prequels but overall they are enjoyable films, except they focus too much on politics.

Many have said the same thing. In some of the deleted scenes, there was even more political intrigue, like how the Rebel Alliance was created.

However, the three prequels' main themes were how Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader, and how the Empire came into power. It was important to show just how devious Palpatine was, and how he manipulated Anakin as well as the Jedi and everyone else.

Palpatine was an awesome character. Personally, I thought they could have done even more with him. A truly classic "Evil Overlord"..... :ebert:

Agreed--I think alot of things they tried to do in prequels could have been more effectively done in like an 8 or 12 part tv series on netflix. It would have allowed the time to show the emotion of some of the things that happened. Everyone knew how things were going to end going in--maybe sequels should have been done instead of prequels.

OK, I lied... one more, I know the official opening isn't for a few hours :)

Watching some of the talk shows (Tonight Show, Conan) I have noticed they did a few Star Wars things and conspicuously absent in every instance was Mark Hamill. I have to think this is by design, and it adds more fuel to my gut reaction after viewing the original trailer for the first time.

Luke Skywalker is JarJar Binks!!

The Ben Kenobi in my imagination would never, ever have tolerated the sort of moronic, reckless, whiny-ass sucky-baby like the Anakin as portrayed by Hayden Christensen. The only director who could ever have tolerated the terrible, wooden, forced acting of Hayden Christensen is George Lucas.

From the Danforth and Pape t shirt guys- - Someone suggested the guy on the far right is Drum Solo! :P

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/12374867_793749750752599_2097070818464673101_o.jpg

• Like 5

Saw The Force Awakens this afternoon. It's brilliant. A simple story but with loads of humour, emotion, drama, thrills - all the things that were missing from the prequels, basically. And above all - actual CHARACTERS! Daisy Ridley and John Boyega are fantastic. It should be re-named 'The Fun Awakens'! Thank you, JJ, for giving Star Wars back to the fans :)
  • Like 4