Rush - Roll The Bones LIVE R40 VIDEO!

Sticklight

https://youtu.be/bose4NMbijw

I couldn't figure out how to post the video here, so here's the link. Sorry.

To post a video, edit your post and remove the "s" in "https".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bose4NMbijw&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 2

Really good quality on the video! Can´t wait for it to be released now! I just wish they did not film so much in the audience. I mean when it looks like you are standing in the audience. That is just annoying, because you don´t really see anything...
  • Like 1

Really good quality on the video! Can´t wait for it to be released now! I just wish they did not film so much in the audience. I mean when it looks like you are standing in the audience. That is just annoying, because you don´t really see anything...

I hear you...but I actually like that we get to see the show from various audience viewpoints. Blame it on my sentimentality since I had the good fortune of attending the Toronto shows, but this aspect really helps me to relive some cherished evenings :wub: :blush:

I suppose we'll see how balanced the presentation is when we're looking at the entire DVD, too.

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more. While the video looks really good, I do think there's too much footage from the audience point of view. I'd prefer more close-ups of the boys, for example: A close-up of Geddy nailing that high B4 note at the end, instead of filming the audience during that particular moment.

However, the whole thing looks better than the CA video! I can't wait for the official release :haz: :rush:

Looks like they used footage from both nights*... I like the way it looks. I like the 'human aspect' of some of the camera angles - for example during the guitar solo the camera man is obviously walking fowards. Makes it feel more like a recording of a live show rather than a show recorded with a live audience - if you catch my drift.

*During the first rap Lerxst is dancing away at his pedal-board - immediately in the next shot he is about 7 paces to his right near the edge of the stage.

Edited by Sir Lerxst
  • Like 1

Looks like they used footage from both nights*... I like the way it looks. I like the 'human aspect' of some of the camera angles - for example during the guitar solo the camera man is obviously walking fowards. Makes it feel more like a recording of a live show rather than a show recorded with a live audience - if you catch my drift.

*During the first rap Lerxst is dancing away at his pedal-board - immediately in the next shot he is about 7 paces to his right near the edge of the stage.

Nice catch. He's by his mic, then he's off to the side. No matter. I'll take the director's liberties with reality if it makes for a better visual presentation.

• Like 2

I gues Im on the side of liking the audience shots. It gives me a sense of actually being at the concert. It is a nice change from a traditional Live DVD.

• Like 1

Looks more professional, more film-like, less blink and miss moments, and definitely more stable camera work, that's definitely a great thing. It's definitely a huge step up from Clockwork Angels Tour. The editing this time around is good, no Steve Harris-esque editing unlike CA Tour. I think the overhead angle of the stage looks really nice and smooth looking this time around. Definitely getting this on release day!

Am I the only one unable to watch this? Keeps saying private to me...

Try this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZmK4PKrJ60

Thanks! This looks great compared to the seizure inducing camera jumping on the CA DVD. Sounds much better too. I can actually hear each of them with a relative degree of clarity.

Very happy with the mix and the editing. Looks like they purposely avoided the vertigo-inducing quick edits - and found an excellent balance of shots focused on each player, up close, overhead, crowd shots, screen shots. (I hope they have a wide angle for the Cygnus laser show!)

I wondered if they mixed footage from the two nights a bit - I noticed on the drum groove leading into the verse, both times, the hat sound is the tight / choked, but the video shows those hats sloshing away, fairly open. Just for that tiny clip, the visual just didn't match the audio in this drummer's brain. Could be the mix tightened up that sound a bit there - I'll have to re-watch.

• Like 1

Am I the only one unable to watch this? Keeps saying private to me...

Try this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZmK4PKrJ60

Thanks! This looks great compared to the seizure inducing camera jumping on the CA DVD. Sounds much better too. I can actually hear each of them with a relative degree of clarity.

There is so much going on during the show that I can see why the different camera angles. It definitely looks better than CA. Only thing I wish is that they were on the guys more than the audience.

• Like 2

If they did the same in the Rush in Rio DVD you would have seen me. Here´s me during YYZ - a friend of mine was kind enough to film it:

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zjydNkdP1r41unfo1_500.gif

• Like 3

Very well spotted :)

Seems like both nights are indeed mixed into one. The Finnish flag that's waving in the middle section in the front was there on the first night. I did notice that flag a couple of months ago in a 2112 clip from the first show.

Love the way they've ediited this clip :) I was already looking forward to the DVD because I was there on Wednesday. But after seeing this clip I can hardly wait to see the rest in November :cheerleader:

• Like 1