Improve a Song by Speeding It Up

RushCanuck

There are songs that I like... but they move kinda slow, just like Uncle Joe... Name a song you'd like to see played at a faster tempo.

I heard this song today and to my ears it was like molasses in January... JMO. But it gave me an idea for this topic. (yes I tried to search this forum but could not find this topic previously)

If it Makes you Happy by Sheryl Crow..

• Like 1

"Don't Try Suicide"--Queen

:eh:

Incidentally, me and my buds used to sing this acapella just about every morning before class.

I just sped up Rock It (Prime Jive). Now that one does work better fast.
  • Like 1

Dragon Attack is pretty badass sped up, E.P.

:notworthy:

Try it and check Roger's solo! And JD's bass lines. And that solo from Brian.

Yep, this is the track. Dragon Attack FTW.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

"Don't Try Suicide"--Queen

:eh:

Incidentally, me and my buds used to sing this acapella just about every morning before class.

I've always preferred it sped up.

Getting to the end of any Springsteen song quicker is an improvement.

Not enough to actually make it worthwhile, though.

• Like 1

While I love the menacing plod of the studio version of Kiss's God Of Thunder (some people find it silly, but the horror freak in me loves it and considers it pretty creepy cool), live that tempo would be pretty laborious. The Alive II version is stripped down (none of the weird voices and effects that work great in the studio) and the tempo is slamming, as was the original Paul Stanley demo of the song. People always assume this is a Gene-penned cut because it's right up his alley. It's a great example of song reinvention through tempo change...not to mention your drummer being coked up. :P Edited by Presto-digitation

While I love the menacing plod of the studio version of Kiss's God Of Thunder (some people find it silly, but the horror freak in me loves it and considers it pretty creepy cool), live that tempo would be pretty laborious. The Alive II version is stripped down (none of the weird voices and effects that work great in the studio) and the tempo is slamming, as was the original Paul Stanley demo of the song. People always assume this is a Gene-penned cut because it's right up his alley. It's a great example of song reinvention through tempo change...not to mention your drummer being coked up. :P

And having Bob Ezrin as producer!

I think this is better played at 1.25 speed -

I agree. Highlights the shimmery guitar chords at the beginning.

• Like 1