THE ONLY COLLEGE THREAD

That One Guy

More internship opportunities for film sound stuff came my way today during an sound equipment seminar in school today. What's awesome is the dude who showed us how to use the equipment co-invented the time-code slate that most film and television crews use on set today. I can even get paid a bit for labor if I get the internship (he put the exact figure at $300 flat estimate for intern labor if I go out in the field for sound mixing stuff). The sound equipment company's very accommodating with when I could start interning which is a huge plus for me cause I want to start next semester in January. Better fine tune that resume of mine!

From my experience, (my) internships (I did two, one lasting 3 months and another nearly a year) were good experiences, yet I left both with a great amount of disappointed because I was expecting to be rewarded with more... With an internship you work for free and then that's that. Expect little credit for doing an internship if any.

But this is just my own experience... :|

Drove 130 miles and spent five hours watching birds today for the biology class. Not doing any more stuff for biology, except for judging a science fair friday.

*writes essay

I saw this in college 5 minutes ago and I think I am infactuated do I get my degree now?

daily-afternoon-randomness-in-hq-43-photos-441.gif?w=400h=225

I like the fact that your misspelling looks like it was due to the bouncing. :LOL:

Boing! Boing! Boing! Boing! Boing! Boing! Boing! Boing! :P

Finals and final projects, over! Group presentation, over!

Time for that glorious winter break. 3.0 weeks until my final semester

Trying to find stuff do in the meantime, like get swoll

TOCT never dies, it's just missing-in-action. Til I bump it.

Break's about over now. Found stuff to do in the meantime. Played games. Got turnt. Got swoll. Met TRFers in the I.R.L.

Final undergraduate semester is a go!!

Well, I sort of procrastinated on my looking for an internship thing but yesterday I ended up manning up and sent an eMail with my resume to the place. Well, to my surprise and delight I got an eMail back today saying that they'd love to have me and ask when I can start. Wow, easier said as easier done! Just gonna have to work out on the schedule and paperwork side of things and once I get approved for the intern for credit thing my school has I can start ASAP!

I spent my first day at my internship checking in returned equipment and preparing rentals and testing them to see they're good to go. Overall, exactly what I had hoped to experience/expect from this place and I'm really liking it even though I did seem a bit tense due to first day jitters. I figured by tomorrow or next week, I'll be a bit more relaxed as the vibe from the people whom I'm interning for is overall chill. I even got to go out and do little errand (deposit some checks paid to the rental house at the bank).

As far as academics go, well my search for finding an elective class in order to fulfill my last 3 credits I need to graduate this May has ended today. Taking Music In Western Civilization. Relatively mid-size class when all new/transfer students are equated in the roster, my professor seems to be a very chill and well attitude person. Very musically knowledgable and trained as well as he exemplified when he played the piano that was sitting awkwardly in the back of the room. This seems to be a border line music theory and history for beginners class which I actually enjoy cause I'm amazed by how much knowledge I have on music history, music theory and its terminologies I had just from being in school choir for half my middle school/high school life.

• Like 2

Two weeks into final semester. Just cut the final tuition check to the tune of $1700.

I'm considering making a wall of sticky notes, aligned with 13 rows of weekdays; take one sticky note off each day.

The end is coming. May 1st before I know it. :)

Even if I graduate without a job offer, I'll take some of the coin I have left to do a week plus of serious traveling.

• Like 1

I'll try it on a full stomach I guess. I had some professor that was assigning a metric fuckton of work for a class that doesn't really matter. Decided to drop my classes down to 4 to prevent my mind from shattering. Too much is going on now outside of class, and I haven't finished a semester in a year, I kinda wanna ease into it.

And my fucky hand will have to write less!

How is it going with the hand and it's innards healing?

It's pretty much made a full recovery now. When I wake up, it's a bit stiff but after using it and exercising it, it's at about 90% of the function it used to have

• Like 1

And my fucky hand will have to write less!

How is it going with the hand and it's innards healing?

It's pretty much made a full recovery now. When I wake up, it's a bit stiff but after using it and exercising it, it's at about 90% of the function it used to have

So glad to hear that! It sounded like a pretty damaging injury- glad everything is OK .