THE ONLY COLLEGE THREAD

That One Guy

Was leaving class today and a professor stopped me. He asked me to show him my shirt and started going off on how great Rush was and how he saw them on the Permanent Waves tour. He'd also been to the same shows I had

Rush moments caused by donning the shirts are always fun. At a meeting with a professor two weeks ago he digged on my prized P/G shirt. That shirt is getting pretty weathered, unfortunately.

Turned in C++ project...gave up on final part of the assignment as I was running out of time...noted that in the README...at this point I'm eagerly awaiting next Wednesday where I can breathe again, after all exams and projects are done.

Triple shot of gin and tonic is helping me through the programming project post-mortem.

Turned in C++ project...gave up on final part of the assignment as I was running out of time...noted that in the README...at this point I'm eagerly awaiting next Wednesday where I can breathe again, after all exams and projects are done.

Triple shot of gin and tonic is helping me through the programming project post-mortem.

We struggle with engineering (at least here, CS semi counts as engineering, and definitely in terms of difficulty) for the future gangster ass career and paycheck.

I have a 20 year old child prodigy roommate who just took a six figure offer from Google straight outta school in CS. It'll take me decades to hit six figures in Civil Engineering outside of areas with high cost of living.

And I know all about those "drink the stress away" nights! :cheers:

• Like 1

A post-production sound guy came in today for Career Strategies. Very excellent cause that's where I ideally want to go into once I graduate. Also does internships which is a huge plus for me so I'm gonna shoot him up an eMail soon about that cause I want to intern for next semester.

A post-production sound guy came in today for Career Strategies. Very excellent cause that's where I ideally want to go into once I graduate. Also does internships which is a huge plus for me so I'm gonna shoot him up an eMail soon about that cause I want to intern for next semester.

:cheers:

I may leave my research position in favor of an internship next semester. We'll see.

We struggle with engineering (at least here, CS semi counts as engineering, and definitely in terms of difficulty) for the future gangster ass career and paycheck.

I have a 20 year old child prodigy roommate who just took a six figure offer from Google straight outta school in CS. It'll take me decades to hit six figures in Civil Engineering outside of areas with high cost of living.

And I know all about those "drink the stress away" nights! :cheers:

I'm software engineering, which is basically CS in addition to the basic engineering core curriculum. Can't wait to be out of here and making money.

Enjoying drop out life, tonight I embrace my beloved rum

Ill join ya tonight buddy :cheers:

I lied, my antibiotics dont agree with booze. damn this infected finger

Lose the antibiotics. Priorities.

• Like 1

I'd rather keep my finger. Already put in 2 weeks time and $$$ trying to get it workin' again. Be a shame to lose it now

I'd rather keep my finger. Already put in 2 weeks time and $$$ trying to get it workin' again. Be a shame to lose it now

Good luck with that by the way! How much longer is physical therapy?

Good luck with that by the way! How much longer is physical therapy?

Till early to mid December. Maybe a ways beyond that just doing basic exercises at home. I'll need a splint for the next 6+ weeks

More internship opportunities for film sound stuff came my way today during an sound equipment seminar in school today. What's awesome is the dude who showed us how to use the equipment co-invented the time-code slate that most film and television crews use on set today. I can even get paid a bit for labor if I get the internship (he put the exact figure at $300 flat estimate for intern labor if I go out in the field for sound mixing stuff). The sound equipment company's very accommodating with when I could start interning which is a huge plus for me cause I want to start next semester in January. Better fine tune that resume of mine!
  • Like 1

More internship opportunities for film sound stuff came my way today during an sound equipment seminar in school today. What's awesome is the dude who showed us how to use the equipment co-invented the time-code slate that most film and television crews use on set today. I can even get paid a bit for labor if I get the internship (he put the exact figure at $300 flat estimate for intern labor if I go out in the field for sound mixing stuff). The sound equipment company's very accommodating with when I could start interning which is a huge plus for me cause I want to start next semester in January. Better fine tune that resume of mine!

:cheers: :fistbump:

I need to fill out my graduation application as well...going home this weekend, will probably do it then.

Just registered for classes this morning. Final semester and I'm ahead so it'll be easy :haz:

Also signed up for a wine and spirits class :hail: