A pretty difficult forum post I have to make.

fraroc

I have a really serious thing to admit to this entire forum.

I've lied to each and every single one of you.

I think it's only proper to admit something that I finally admitted to myself last night....I've lied to each and every single one of you. I'm not a real Rush fan, in fact I'm a total Rush noob. There is SO much I've never ever listened to. Some of which are pretty bare basics....I've never listened to Hemispheres, Cygnus, Fountain of Lamneth, Necromancer, By-Tor, Natural Science, I've never listened to 2112 outside the title track. I couldn't even tell you what any song on Caress of Steel outside of Bastille Day sounds like.

I couldn't name one song on Test For Echo if you played it for me. And outside of the basic tracks on any of the newer albums, I couldn't even tell you how they go or what they sound like.

In fact, the only albums I've fully memorized and know by heart are Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, and Hold Your Fire. Everything else has songs I've never, ever listened to. Including one of my favorites, Moving Pictures. I've never listened to The Camera Eye ever in my life.

I would have never, ever would have listened to Jacob's Ladder if I wasn't bored one day and wanted to know what was so cracked up about that song.

So there, I've only listened to about a third, if not only a quarter of Rush's material. And when I joined, I knew even less. When I first joined, I probably only knew Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio, Subdivisions, Limelight, Freewill, Fly By Night, Closer To The Heart, Xanadu and Witch Hunt.

You know what the worst part of this whole deal is? That I couldn't have just been a man and admitted that I knew almost nothing about them when I joined. I've only listened to more Rush out of sheer boredom and found that I loved them.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 5

Then you're in a rare position to experience a lot of these songs for the first time. Grab the debut (or Fly By Night if you want real Rush) and play the whole thing. Then grab the next album and play that all the way through. Continue and repeat until you hit Clockwork Angels. Take your time, enjoy the process. If you liked the 80's stuff, you'll certainly enjoy stuff from the 70's. You're upset because you haven't heard them? Solve that problem and listen! Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 4

Man. I thought you were going to admit that you killed somebody.

Go listen to some Rush and chill out. And remember it's not a sin to decide you don't like some of the songs.

• Like 8

Man. I thought you were going to admit that you killed somebody.

Go listen to some Rush and chill out. And remember it's not a sin to decide you don't like some of the songs.

You're next. The threads of TRF shall run with blood today!!!!

http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/51700/51712/51712_guillotine_lg.gif

• Like 2

Gotta agree with Union 5-3992 here what a wonderful position to be in 70% of the entire catalog is your oyster! Be bored more often and take the time to take it all in. I would suggest (as I have to all noobs) you get a copy of All The Worlds A Stage Play Bytor and the Snowdog on the device that has the biggest speakers and makes the loudest sound (or some really decent headphones if you have close quarters). Turn the volume up till just before the speakers blow and enjoy, you won't regret it!!! Absolutely raw intense beauty Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 3

The important thing is that you've learned your lesson and promised not to do it again.

Still, we're going to have to ground you for two weeks.

You'll spend the time listening to Rush and only Rush until you know every song by heart.

It is the only way you'll learn.

We still love you and you better believe, this hurts us a lot more than it hurts you.

No TV, no phone, no computer, no cartoons, no comics, no allowance and no dessert.

You'll come home from school, do your homework and chores.

Then after dinner straight to your room young man and you think about what you did.

We're not mad son, just disappointed.

• Like 5

The important thing is that you've learned your lesson and promised not to do it again.

You'll spend the time listening to Rush and only Rush until you know every song by heart.

We still love you and you better believe, this hurts us a lot more than it hurts you.

No TV, no phone, no computer, no cartoons, no comics, no allowance and no dessert.

Then after dinner straight to your room young man and you think about what you did.

I'd prefer a beating, personally.

:whipgirl:

• Like 3

Nothing to worry about! Like others have said, you are in a great position to explore the Rush stuff you haven't heard yet! :)

I'd prefer a beating, personally.

:whipgirl:

OH YES HIT ME, IVE BEEN A BAD BAD BOY!

lol

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1

This often works wonders: :smash: . Just ask EagleMoon. She's had great success with it.

Gotta keep those slackers in line.

:smash: :smash: :smash:

• Like 1