Most Overrated Band and/or Musician

Lorraine

Ok I'm done with this cleansing. This is making me crankier than usual.

Yeah it must be difficult to type with that hose up your arse :LOL:

A hose is not as annoying as your head

I'm listening to Peter Frampton right now - Frampton Comes Alive.

:)

Are you all going to tell me how talentless he was? Maybe so, but this is one great album. They don't make them like this anymore.

Frampton deserves props. He got caught up in the teen idol bs

Should have stuck to blues guitar.

How about The Doobie Brothers? They had a lot of commercial appeal like The Eagles.

Nonono how could anyone hate a band with doobie in it?

All kidding they had some quality tunes

They did, but no one ever mentions them on here so I was curious what everyone thinks of them.

The Doobies are just alright with me. ;) This album was a great comeback effort...

f9d67183f5929779404ab48c74ea7c57.jpg

Ok I'm done with this cleansing. This is making me crankier than usual.

Thanks for dropping in. If you want to cheer up, Fraroc has a good thread going. If you run, you'll catch it at high drama time.

Bring some popcorn with you.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Ok I'm not reading every post but I read enough to realize that this thread has destroyed the 50's 60's 70's and maybe beyond lol.
  • Like 1

Ok this is my controversy post...

I always thought led zeppelin was overrated. I dont hate them or think they suck , just way overrated. I never really got the whole thing

• Like 1

Ok this is my controversy post...

I always thought led zeppelin was overrated. I dont hate them or think they suck , just way overrated. I never really got the whole thing

Same!

I like them though.

• Like 1

dudes i was just about to post about Zeppelin. the main reason they put me off though is Plant. Man oh man screw subtle vocals, lol

Mick

This.

And, I will be smacked down for this, but Kashmir sounds better when used in advertising. As a piece of music it plods and plods and plods...a snippet of it oddly sounds incredible...

The first two albums are winners, and Communication Breakdown is one of my favourite songs!

• Like 1

dudes i was just about to post about Zeppelin. the main reason they put me off though is Plant. Man oh man screw subtle vocals, lol

Mick

I cant remember the last time i listened to them.

But man when fm radio was still king you just couldn't get away from them...

• Like 2

Mick

This.

And, I will be smacked down for this, but Kashmir sounds better when used in advertising. As a piece of music it plods and plods and plods...a snippet of it oddly sounds incredible...

The first two albums are winners, and Communication Breakdown is one of my favourite songs!

Physical Graffiti for the most part is overrated sludge. but......the debut is one of my all time fav albums.

go figure.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

This.

Physical Graffiti for the most part is overrated sludge. but......the debut is one of my all time fav albums.

go figure.

Mick

I feel more scared admitting I dislike this band than I did telling the world my second favourite album of the year belongs to a...girl band...

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

I think I live on a different planet from some of you. Example: Opeth and Avenged Sevenfold wouldn't be overrated here simply because nobody in my world ever talks about them.

A7X had a number one album here in the UK, and are a real big deal.

As for Opeth, I think of them as being underrated myself!

Where are you from?

I think I live on a different planet from some of you. Example: Opeth and Avenged Sevenfold wouldn't be overrated here simply because nobody in my world ever talks about them.

A7X had a number one album here in the UK, and are a real big deal.

I guess I must have missed that :huh: :LOL:

And i'll just say it.......live......jimmy Page kinda sucked more often then not.

Mick

Especially from 77 onward...when he was constantly heroined out of his head.
  • Like 1

Pink Floyd

Rolling Stones

Porcupine Tree

Steve Wilson

Radiohead

Metallica

Anthrax

Bon Jovi

KISS

Eagles

Ramones

John Mellencamp

Avenged Sevenfold

Korn

Linkin Park

Muse

Queen

Led Zeppelin

Steely Dan

Pink Floyd

The Rolling Stones

Led Zeppelin

Queen

???

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/11249162_10152882780952602_2463380477706280645_n_zpso9vr1e2w.jpg

Mick

This.

go figure.

Mick

I find the early albums a bit dated and prefer the later stuff. Graffiti is my top 10 all time.